Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 226 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 224 225 226 227 228 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,890
Points 69,145
Bonita replied on Mon, Apr 28 2014 5:57 AM | Locked

Roxanna, how did you make out in the tornado? Hope all is well.I'm not sure how close you are to Little Rock.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 529
Points 10,110
Pat A replied on Mon, Apr 28 2014 9:14 AM | Locked

Karla, Believe me, I wouldn't have bothered if I didn't need to get things around here cleaned and tidied up so I can put the house on the market.  Usually I only need to do this when I am having overnight company.  It is a chore.  Storage is a problem.  I have filled up my closet and cabinet and I still have fabric to put away.  Don't know where it will go.  Sigh ...

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Mon, Apr 28 2014 12:15 PM | Locked

Sukochi, I'm really sorry that you are still going through so many problems.  Hope they find the problem and get it fixed soon,

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,850
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Tue, Apr 29 2014 2:29 PM | Locked

Thanks, Karla.

Scary night last night. That nasty weather has made it to Georgia! It was a long night. More Is coming tonight. I pray that no one else here abouts wer e in any of the tornadoes of Sunday or Monday. DH has two cousins,  and their familis, live in Tupelo, MS. We were all worried for several hours before one was able to get word to us that they were all ok. Thanks be to God.

Sukochi

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 684
Points 11,735
zoetc49 replied on Tue, Apr 29 2014 5:27 PM | Locked

Tammy, I am sorry to hear of your dad's passing. I hope your doing well, hugs being sent your way.    

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 938
Points 15,885
Mamagshouse Donna Gilliam replied on Tue, Apr 29 2014 9:47 PM | Locked

Sukochi I hated living in Georgia because of those darn tornadoes.  The first week we moved there we had a bad one.  Our subdivision was hit and miss.  The house that was exactly like ours only on the cul de sac before ours had its entire second floor blown who knows were.  The Golden Gallon Gas Station at the end of our Subdivision was totally gone.  Not even a shred of evidence that it ever was there.  The red cross made a base at the entrance of our subdivision.  That was my welcome to Georgia and every time those darn tornado sirens went off I was frantic.  Hate Hate Hate it.  I lived in Florida right when hurrican Charlie and the four others blu thru but I will take a hurrican over a tornado anyday at least you have warning and you can get of the way in time enough to get to somewhere safe.  Know I'm in Utah.  

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,931
Points 33,605
Roxana replied on Tue, Apr 29 2014 10:19 PM | Locked

Bonita:

Roxana, how did you make out in the tornado? Hope all is well.I'm not sure how close you are to Little Rock.

Thanks, Bonita, for the concern. The storm was just a few miles west of us and the "hook of the tornado" didn't form until it was northwest of us (about ten minutes that is). The clouds and sky looked weird outside our kitchen window just before. We are about 30 miles southwest of Little Rock as the crow flies. ... It went over my sister's house before it hit the ground and stayed there. She was home alone without electricity. It was a scarey night for all of us..... and it just continued across the south.

The winds finally picked up tonight so maybe it will move faster again and get out into the ocean.... or dissipate completely would be better!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Wed, Apr 30 2014 8:58 AM | Locked

Glad you are safe and sound Roxana and Sukochi. My prayers are with your 'neighbors.'

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Wed, Apr 30 2014 9:01 AM | Locked

Yesterday, I spent the day cleaning carpets and washing quilts. It must be spring...

Today I'll go to the city and wipe out the budget on groceries.  Tomorrow I have to work...  Wonder when I'm gonna have sewing time again. *whine*

There's more fresh snow on the  mountains this AM, but the sun is out and the sky is bright so all's good. My yard will need it's first mowing by the weekend I think. 

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Wed, Apr 30 2014 12:57 PM | Locked

I mowed the lawn yesterday, CC, and it's about the 6th time this spring, already.  Yesterday, I also put the tomato plants and the green beans in the ground.  I'm sure hoping we don't have any late freezes this year, but the plants were getting pretty big and starting to topple over in their little pots.  They really needed to be transplanted.  So now my garden has rhubarb, cabbage, Texas sweet onions, green beans and tomatoes.  I've still got to get the cucumbers, cantaloupe, spring onions, peppers and watermelon going.  

Today I'm baking muffins for the boys and it's back to TaeKwonDo after spring break.  Our spring break was just last week and they were down in Sacramento at their father's for the week.  Daughter's house my close on Friday so I imagine the next few weeks I will also be babysitting the 20 month old (who will definitely run grandma ragged), and helping clean and move her in.

I did manage to get one LUS block made this morning, only 14 more to catch up.  I think I at least have until next week to get them all caught up.  I might get this one caught up, but I'll probable never get caught up with Dear Jane or the Garden Party applique.  They might have to wait until I get to Montana.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 938
Points 15,885
Mamagshouse Donna Gilliam replied on Wed, Apr 30 2014 1:13 PM | Locked

Not a good day.  One of my finches got out and it took ten minutes before she would let me catch her and put her back in her cage.

I lost my iPhone must have been when I was walking the dogs and picking up their mess.  Retracked all my steps someone must have found it but it hasn't been returned.  Tried the find my iphone no luck so I suspended it with the lost message so if anyone does have it they will call my husband.  Pray that it is found.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 938
Points 15,885
Mamagshouse Donna Gilliam replied on Wed, Apr 30 2014 1:14 PM | Locked

Not a good day.  One of my finches got out and it took ten minutes before she would let me catch her and put her back in her cage.

I lost my iPhone must have been when I was walking the dogs and picking up their mess.  Retracked all my steps someone must have found it but it hasn't been returned.  Tried the find my iphone no luck so I suspended it with the lost message so if anyone does have it they will call my husband.  Pray that it is found.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,240
Points 19,255
weezee56 replied on Wed, Apr 30 2014 3:01 PM | Locked

Karla you are always so busy, how do you do it?

Mamag, I hope you find your iphone.

I had to go and get my cpac machine. They explained everything to me about it and cleaning, I hope I can remember everything.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 100
ceegee57 replied on Wed, Apr 30 2014 3:05 PM | Locked

This week I am making a video photo-montage as a high school graduation gift.  I hope to get back to quilting next week!!  I'm having withdrawals!  j/k

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 266
Points 4,965
Lesley replied on Wed, Apr 30 2014 4:01 PM | Locked

That sounds interesting Ceegee.

I am actually able to post I was already logged in cannot believe it. Been about a month that i have been trying!

Arrived back from New York yesterday, had an amazing time with the choir trip. We sang in Central Park, Statue of Liberty, Merkin Concert Hall at the Kaufman Centre, Cathedral of St John the Divine and the icing on the cake Carnegie Hal where we got a standing ovation from the whole audience. Memories forever.

x

Page 226 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 224 225 226 227 228 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use