Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 225 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 223 224 225 226 227 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,458
Points 416,719
gini replied on Sun, Apr 27 2014 12:17 AM | Locked

Tammy, my condolences on losing your dad.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 166
Points 3,030
Carmel replied on Sun, Apr 27 2014 4:56 AM | Locked

Tammy, my condolences on your loss.  I will keep you in my prayers.

Macungie, PA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,465
Points 41,130
Mimi replied on Sun, Apr 27 2014 7:42 AM | Locked

Tammy, 

I am so sorry to hear about your loss.  It is so difficult to lose a parent.  My dad and mom have been gone for more than 20 years now.  With faith and time the memories get sweeter.  You're in my thoughts and prayers as you go through this season. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,591
Points 75,975
Karla replied on Sun, Apr 27 2014 8:06 AM | Locked

Tammy, sorry to hear of your loss.  I just spent of this weekend, braving a snow storm across the mountain, to spend a few hours with my 89-year old father.  I've really got to make a better effort of getting over to Sac to visit him more often, but it is difficult when you're caring for grandchildren, too.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sun, Apr 27 2014 9:09 AM | Locked

Tammy I'm sorry to read of your Dad's passing. I too turned to quilting when I grieved for my parents. There were a few months there when I was very productive. 

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sun, Apr 27 2014 9:11 AM | Locked

Marie:
CC, if I come to your house it will be to play with Sprout not clean out your flower beds!
That'll give you a full workout, too!

Have fun feeding the masses and save me a meatball. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sun, Apr 27 2014 1:03 PM | Locked

Had a shock on Friday. Went to the Gastro doc as I am having an increasingly hard time swallowing.  He said he thinks the Nissen Fundiplacation surgery I had in Oct '12 has come undone! Say what?? Will have a scope on the 7th of May to see what is the extent then will, if need be, refer me back to the surgeon. Yikes. This only happens in rare cases. Well, only 3% of these surgeries cause a patient to no longer be able to vomit and I was one of those!

We had some sort of wild critter leave.prints in a muddy area of the back yard. No one recognizes the prints. Who knows what it could be. I will just be sure to stay inside at night.

Learning to free motion! This is harder then it looks. My shoulders kill me after only a short time working on it.

Tsmmy, so very sorry to hear about your dad. Just know that you will be with him again someday.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,876
Points 32,565
Roxana replied on Sun, Apr 27 2014 1:26 PM | Locked

Tammy, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I know that it is hard. Know that you have friends here.

Sukochi, I hope the scope doesn't send you back to the surgeon. You're in my thoughts and prayers too.

Hugs to both of you!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,181
Points 18,155
weezee56 replied on Sun, Apr 27 2014 3:45 PM | Locked

Sukochi, glad to see you posting again. I hope your scope will tell them something easy to fix.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 821
Points 13,475
Mamagshouse Donna Gilliam replied on Sun, Apr 27 2014 4:47 PM | Locked

Sukochi, the same thing happened to my Aunt.  She had the surgery twice also. 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sun, Apr 27 2014 5:20 PM | Locked

Sukochi i'll be praying fer ya.

Try relaxing when you FMQ. Your shoulders won't hurt so bad and your designs will flow smoother. Don't forget to breath!!  Another thing that I've found helps ease the achy shoulders is to sit up a bit higher, so get yourself a cushion to perch on and put on some tunes.  

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 475
Points 9,255
Pat A replied on Sun, Apr 27 2014 5:27 PM | Locked

Tammy, so sorry to hear of the loss of your Dad.  My prayers are with you and your family.  I turned to quilting also when my husband died.

Sukochi, good luck on your upcoming tests.  My prayers are with you.

Pat A. in KY

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 475
Points 9,255
Pat A replied on Sun, Apr 27 2014 5:36 PM | Locked

I have had a busy day, bouncing around doing a variety of jobs.  I worked outside for a while, pulling weeds (those darn wild onions are everywhere) and raking up twigs, etc. in my flower bed.

Then I went to my sewing room and put away more fabric (it was all over the place).  That room just needs a good dusting and it will be useable again. 

Next I started picking up and stacking fabric which I had scattered on the bed in my guest room. Hauled it down to my sewing room.  Still have more to do but my legs don't want to go up and down any more stairs (my sewing room is in the basement.)

And now I am ready to do some sewing.  Hope to get a row  of Orion Star blocks sewn together tonight if I don't poop out before hand.  (my sewing machine is in the dining room where it has been all winter.)  I may keep it there for a while. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,529
Points 177,408
Marie replied on Sun, Apr 27 2014 6:56 PM | Locked

Sukochi, my prayers going up for you that it will be a simple fix.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,591
Points 75,975
Karla replied on Sun, Apr 27 2014 9:07 PM | Locked

Pat A:

Then I went to my sewing room and put away more fabric (it was all over the place).  That room just needs a good dusting and it will be useable again. 

Next I started picking up and stacking fabric which I had scattered on the bed in my guest room. Hauled it down to my sewing room.  Still have more to do but my legs don't want to go up and down any more stairs (my sewing room is in the basement.)

Boy, after picking all of my fabric up from the living room and dining room so we could have Easter dinner, I can't even walk into my sewing room.  Wish I could get motivated to really get some good ideas for organizing this room.  I think my problem is that I just have to much in the room but can't convince DH that I need to take over the guest room, too.  

• | Post Points: 35
Page 225 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 223 224 225 226 227 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use