Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 224 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 222 223 224 225 226 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,373
Points 28,870
Marsha-SM replied on Sat, Apr 26 2014 10:51 AM | Locked

Mamagshouse Donna Gilliam:

Are you on prednisone? I am on a a low dosage to control my Lupue pain flare ups.  I've found that 4 Advils is the only thing that helps my aches & pains.  None of the new prescriptions work for me.

Careful with that Advil.  I destroyed my stomach with Advil and ibuprofin.  Now need to take a special stomach protector along with pain reliever - very expensive!  Insurance doesn't like to pay much and has a very high co-pay on it.  Fibromyalgia is no fun - nothing works for everyone and nothing workes for some.  Glad I have something that sort-of works for me.

Going nuts here trying to type with 2 keyboards - one on laptop and one on arm of chair to type p's and 0s.  New computer, bad keyboard!  

Marsha - Western New York

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 605
Points 14,486
Tammy replied on Sat, Apr 26 2014 12:51 PM | Locked

Today I'm try to clean my house for the first time in about two weeks.  Got behind the week before Easter.  Dad took a turn for the worse so was at the nursing home with him a lot.  Saw him We'd morning , went to Kearney for some business appt, chiropractor, and haircut then back to home in town to Dad.  When I saw him they had given a bath but he was burning up. Sent for nurse immediately.  He was in full kidney failure at this point after having it two weeks prior but was able to reverse it at that time. Not in the cards this time.  Dad passed the morning of the 10th around 10 a.m.  It's been a world wind but he was given one wonderful burial with full military rights as he served in the Korean War over there.  Time will heal and So will my heart.  Quilting is now back in my plans and have already made a table runner.  Guess it's my way to heal.  Best go.  Happy quilting all!

• | Post Points: 185
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,857
Points 68,560
Bonita replied on Sat, Apr 26 2014 12:58 PM | Locked

Tammy, so sorry for the loss of your Dad. Sounds like you had a great relationship with him. Lots of good memories for comfort.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,608
Points 52,050
Ginny replied on Sat, Apr 26 2014 1:01 PM | Locked

Tammy, I am sorry to hear of your Dad's passing.  It sounds as if he was having quite a bad time of it before he passed.  It is so difficult. I am glad that he was given a wonderful burial.   Such an honor.  I also find that quilting is a good relief for me when I have things to work out in my mind.  If you still feel the need to clean when you get done with your place, mine could use some help too.   Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,615
Points 247,287
Thea replied on Sat, Apr 26 2014 1:24 PM | Locked

Tammy - my deepest sympathies go out to you at this time.  I know how hard it is for you at this time but it will get easier...take it one day at a time and try not to think too much....my Dad is gone now 10 years and I still really miss him.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,837
Points 123,680
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Sat, Apr 26 2014 1:38 PM | Locked

Tammy. Loosing a parent is a special kind of loss. My folks have been gone for some years now and there isn't a day that I don't think about them.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,151
Points 14,955
Dawn replied on Sat, Apr 26 2014 2:38 PM | Locked

Tammy, so very sorry for the loss of your Dad.  Praying for you and your family.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,151
Points 14,955
Dawn replied on Sat, Apr 26 2014 2:44 PM | Locked

I am back from my long week.  We left for our DS home where I spent a week.  DH went home on Easter and worked for 3 days then came back to help us unload the moving truck for DDIL's Mom who moved in w/DS&DDIL.  We spent 3 hours doing that, then we drove the 4 hours home.  Got home at 9, unloaded the car, showered, went to bed by 9:30.  DH went back to work on Friday, I went to Dubuque for the state bowling tournament.  We had fun, but boy is that hard on you!  You bowl 6 games in a row.  Singles then doubles.  I didn't do too bad.  I feel bad for the older ladies, it is quite hard on them.  But it is so much fun spending time w/my family, as two of my Aunts, my Mom, my cousin and her cousin are on our team.  I am home now, with a fuzzy head.  Not sure if a cold has caught me or what.  I think I am just exhausted.  It was great spending time with the kids/grands.  They are fantastic!  Now I get to relax a little more and hopefully feel my normal self.

We are getting ready for almost a week of rain.  With all the rain we should get lots of May flowers!  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,226
Points 18,945
weezee56 replied on Sat, Apr 26 2014 3:43 PM | Locked

Tammy, so sorry to hear about your Dad passing. My Dad has been gone since 1985, there are some songs I still can't listen to without crying. My Mom passed in 2000. It seems like yesterday. My thoughts and prayers go to you and your family.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,610
Points 178,513
Marie replied on Sat, Apr 26 2014 5:15 PM | Locked

Tammy, so sorry for your loss, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 65
Points 1,295
Sherry replied on Sat, Apr 26 2014 5:16 PM | Locked

Tammy, so very sorry!

Sherry

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,610
Points 178,513
Marie replied on Sat, Apr 26 2014 5:25 PM | Locked

CC, if I come to your house it will be to play with Sprout not clean out your flower beds!  :  )

It rained all day here in Millbury and my muscles said THANK YOU RAIN!

I went to the market and bought supplies for my meatballs and sausage sauce.  My DGGS is coming tomorrow!  Hooray!  Called the rest of the family to come as well so I'll have a house full.  Love, love, love when my family visits.  Tyler is one now and is fun to play with so while everyone is eating I'll be playing. 

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 815
Points 15,475
Carol from Pittsburgh replied on Sat, Apr 26 2014 7:10 PM | Locked

My condolences go out to you, Tammy. So sorry you and he went through so much. I imagine his burial was just wonderful! When my father passed away in 2008, both the veterans and the police conducted beautiful ceremonies. My father was a WWII vet and retired policeman. Good for you completing a quilting project!  Did you post a picture of it somewhere yet?

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 909
Points 15,095
Mamagshouse Donna Gilliam replied on Sat, Apr 26 2014 7:24 PM | Locked

Tammy I feel for you deeply.  This May 7th will be the 2nd year anniversary of my Daddy's death.  He died on his birthday.  He was only 71.  He had a massive stroke two days after they had done an exploratory test checking for clots.  Instead of finding it they caused it to dislodge from his heart and straight to his brain.  It was a nightmare.  There is not a day that I don't miss him or think about him.  I jam just thankful that Heavenly Father thought my Daddy was such a special spirit that he let him come into and out of this earthly world on the same date.  

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 909
Points 15,095
Mamagshouse Donna Gilliam replied on Sat, Apr 26 2014 7:28 PM | Locked

Marsha I did destroy my stomach.  One of the 14 medications I'm on is for my stomach and colitis cause the ibuprofin caused ulcers but it really is the only thing that helps my inflamation.  Viox really worked and I hated that they took it off the market..  Too funny about your keyboard.  Well not really.

Page 224 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 222 223 224 225 226 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use