Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 222 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 220 221 222 223 224 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,246
Points 19,420
weezee56 replied on Mon, Apr 21 2014 12:27 PM | Locked

Mamag, so glad to hear you got good news, that always helps to brighten a day.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,649
Points 52,690
Ginny replied on Mon, Apr 21 2014 2:04 PM | Locked

Springermom, Perhaps when my granddaughter comes over I can have her do it for me.  Some things were changed on my computer and now I can't figure out how to post pictures again.    Ginny

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Mon, Apr 21 2014 3:56 PM | Locked

Been working on yard clean-up all day. Dh finally burned the branches I pruned from the Caragana hedge last fall, so we no longer have a mountain of brush piled up by the garden. The boys are kinda bummed because they used it as a fort, and I'm sure the huns will be upset to find their shelter gone, but I'm not heartbroken to see it go! 

DD and I snuck off for a  bit while the guys had their burn party and poked around the second hand store in town, just for fun. Didn't buy anything of note (Jammies for Jr) but had a great time giggling. 

Tomorrow everyone is back to school and i can attempt to return to my routine...  

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 484
Points 9,190
Jan replied on Mon, Apr 21 2014 9:34 PM | Locked

That Dreamworld is a wonderful machine. I just "test drove" one last week while shopping for mine. I ended up with a floor model of the Inn ovoid 1500D, which is the lower end of the line below the Dream Weavers. But it does have 6 by 10 embroidery space and a bunch of things it may take me a lifetime to figure out. The dealer also rents their 5 long arms to people who bought their machines there for 10 an hour. As long as the budget holds up, this should be a fun Christmas for my S'S and family and friends.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 941
Points 15,975
Mamagshouse Donna Gilliam replied on Tue, Apr 22 2014 3:36 PM | Locked

Went on all my Visiting Teaching appointments today. (I'm LDS) its always good to see other sisters it makes my day.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,709
Points 248,377
Thea replied on Tue, Apr 22 2014 5:03 PM | Locked

Mamagshouse, it is nice to see another LDS member here - there are quite a few of us as you will find out... Welcome to the site and wow only the 22nd and you have it done - good job!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 7
Points 190
Kalina replied on Tue, Apr 22 2014 6:32 PM | Locked

Wow.  Those are beautiful quilts.  Quite an inspiration.  Thanks for sharing.

Kalina

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 941
Points 15,975
Mamagshouse Donna Gilliam replied on Tue, Apr 22 2014 10:09 PM | Locked

Wow that's wonderful.  I figured I was late cause mine came the first week in April.  Love the message this month.  Are you in Utah?  I sent you a friend request. 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,583
Points 24,040
Susie replied on Wed, Apr 23 2014 7:41 AM | Locked

mamagshouse--I haven't seen my VT for over a year.  I haven't had good luck getting one that cares enough to actually make an effort.  I do have my ladies, but they really want visits during the day, which I can't do...so my companion goes without me most of the time.  Good for you in keeping up with it!

Chicagoland, Illinois

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,709
Points 248,377
Thea replied on Wed, Apr 23 2014 7:54 AM | Locked

Mamagshouse, I am in OK and soon, hopefully, to be in MN.  I do not have a calling right now as a VT because with my health it became too difficult for me to get out there and do it.  I don't like writing the letters or sending cards as I feel that if I am going to have it as a calling I wanted to be able to see the person to know what they really needed so for now I am not a VT but I am hopeful that in the near future I can pick it up again.  I did so enjoy meeting with my ladies once a month and seeing all the different types of ladies are in our Ward.  

Susie - I understand where you are coming from.  I have had good and bad ones over the years - some times it is a long time between when they visit me but it always seems that when I pray to the Lord that I need a Sister to just come and visit me the phone will ring and there she will be making an appointment to just come and talk and of course, bringing me a sweet or two.  My last VT just last month brought me cookies and a bottle of Water!!!  I knew the Lord was talking to me that day as I know I need to drink more water.

Mamagshouse, I loved the message this past month and truly loved conference - I think this is the first time that I can remember in a long long time that every member of the quorum of twelve spoke to us.  The messages from all resinated in my soul.

We do have a few more members on here... Barbara, hasn't been active on the site since her heart surgery, but she is coming up on her 1st anniversary as a member of the church and it is just awesome - I drove up to her home in Liberty last year to be a witness to her baptism and just witnessed my DH's baptism the Saturday week before Easter.  I truly never thought I would see the day for either of them... Barbara because prior to talking to the missionaries she did not want to give up smoking and was adamant about it - one visit from them and she was quitting - had called her doctor and got the chantix and it is just slightly over a year since her last cigarette... I hate to think how much worse it would have been for her with her surgeries if she hadn't quit... and my DH loved his beer - but he has given it up and again I never thought I would see that day - but all of a sudden this last group of missionaries that came to our house had just the right words and he gave i up and it is a struggle as he for the rest of his life will be a recovering alcoholic but he prays and the Lord answers.

We are blessed to be here together - I'll be glad to answer your friend request.  You can find me more over in groups - I run the Christmas All Year Long Group - it is a private group - I have one here and on facebook.  We opened the facebook one when it became so difficult to get on to QCA - it is much better now and I hope it continues to get better and no back stepping.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 941
Points 15,975
Mamagshouse Donna Gilliam replied on Wed, Apr 23 2014 5:15 PM | Locked

Susie that's a  shame can you request a different set from your RS President.  My last ward in FLour home teachers were couples so the wife was my visiting teacher as well.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 941
Points 15,975
Mamagshouse Donna Gilliam replied on Wed, Apr 23 2014 5:53 PM | Locked

Thea, those are some wonderful conversion stories.  My husband baptized all my children & I seven years ago in FL. Then DH and I received our endowments a year later.  DH was baptized when he was 12 and his family was sealed at the DC Temple.  We've had our ups and downs not with the church but with some of the people in our ward in FL but I couldn't live without the Church & our Redeeming Savior. I know what you are going through with illness (not sure exactly what your ailments are) but I have Lupus so the flare ups are a doozy I also suffer from chronic migraines, colitis, incontinence, arthritis & sciatica. Which of course led to depression.  So yes I'm a mess.  I'm also waiting for the government to approve my SS Disability cause there is no way can go back to work. That's why getting back into the needle arts and finding QCA has really been a God Send. Thanks for accepting my friend request.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,918
Points 41,020
ls2116 replied on Thu, Apr 24 2014 5:31 PM | Locked

I've been spring cleaning.  Trying to figure out the best way to store all my quilt magazines what are some suggestions?  I'm still hoping to find the perfect home for us to move to.  I've cut down on fabric store runs with spring cleaning until i get more quilts made .  Lucky ones that have room for long arm machines, but i'm still dreaming about the babylock tiara.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 941
Points 15,975
Mamagshouse Donna Gilliam replied on Thu, Apr 24 2014 5:43 PM | Locked

I was spring cleaning today too.  I don't do hard bound magazines I only get digital versions and print the pattern or tutorial out.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Fri, Apr 25 2014 8:13 AM | Locked

Spring cleaning? NO way! Let the dust bunnies multiply. Heck, Name the little beasts and tell the kids they are pets.  

I am up early and have started. The rest of the crew remains asleep. The boys have a free day today and Dh is working nights, so there's no reason to rouse anyone. I can enjoy the quiet for a moment. 

Hope to work some more on piecing the tropical prism this weekend. I haven't touched it in a more then a week (2?) and i really need to put on a show of making progress over the next few days. 

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Page 222 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 220 221 222 223 224 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use