Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 219 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 217 218 219 220 221 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,375
Points 175,078
Marie replied on Sat, Apr 12 2014 1:36 PM | Locked

chocake2:
It was a lo-ong inch!  Somewhere, off in the distance, I can hear our dear Diane laughing.

CC, it puts a smile on my face every time you mention Diane.  I think of her daily, I have her things around me, which I bought, her sewing cabinet, her sewing machine, which I took with me to Florida and many other little things that Wayne gifted to me.  She was a friend for maybe a year and a half but she had a way about her that made you feel you knew her for a lifetime.  She made such an impact on my life, I miss her so much.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,737
Points 66,695
Bonita replied on Sat, Apr 12 2014 2:12 PM | Locked

Karla, it's not as if you didn't have enough to do, now you have one more to care for. DH's can be more demanding when they are hurt or sick than any kid. keep up your vitamins.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,737
Points 66,695
Bonita replied on Sat, Apr 12 2014 2:18 PM | Locked

Thea, I'm so happy for you and Jay. i know you've wanted this for a long time. I wish I could be in the Chapel with you tomorrow for Jay's confirmation. My thoughts will be with you both.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sat, Apr 12 2014 2:21 PM | Locked

Marie:

chocake2:
It was a lo-ong inch!  Somewhere, off in the distance, I can hear our dear Diane laughing.

CC, it puts a smile on my face every time you mention Diane.  I think of her daily, I have her things around me, which I bought, her sewing cabinet, her sewing machine, which I took with me to Florida and many other little things that Wayne gifted to me.  She was a friend for maybe a year and a half but she had a way about her that made you feel you knew her for a lifetime.  She made such an impact on my life, I miss her so much.

I wish I had gotten to actually meet her. She had a huge impact even over the internet. Can't you hear her saying "I went to get a hair cut, and the hairdresser cut them ALL!" 

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,795
Points 31,055
Roxana replied on Sat, Apr 12 2014 2:24 PM | Locked

Need something to do? Check out the Fabric Swaps group. We have a patriotic block swap still open now needing three more people. It's lots of fun! I've been working on my blocks today and having a blast doing it. I think several of us are going to put ours into quilts of valor or just create a neat patriotic wall hanging out of the swap return.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,375
Points 175,078
Marie replied on Sat, Apr 12 2014 2:24 PM | Locked

YUP, CC!

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Sat, Apr 12 2014 3:43 PM | Locked

Karla, tell sonny to get better fast,  you have things to do.  

I miss Diane too.  What a breath of fresh air she was. 

I spen t  the morning clearing the flower beds, I'm half done.  I'll finish tomorrow.  Sam is making dinner for mom and dad.  We'll take it out to their place to finish cooking.   Mom has been planting, so I know she'll b tuckered.  They always swear they are not doing a garden next year, and here they are again putting in a garden

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Sun, Apr 13 2014 12:27 AM | Locked

Dad wasn't feeling too good, so we cancelled dinner.  Auntie called to see what was up with dad and what was going on for Easter.   Hmmm, mom is still furious at aunties husband and has worried herself sick that she might have to see him on Easter.  I'm getting a bit tired of no one telling anyone  what's going on, so I am spilling my guts to anybody about everything.  So I let auntie know that mom was still furious at her husband and as of today, I didn't think she would ever talk to him again,  when auntie started protesting that it was all my dad's fault, I then told her mom wasn't too happy with her either.   It was a rather short conversation.  Then as luck would have it, mom ran into auntie at Safeway, less than an hour later.   So here are these two old women, who are pretty private, having a heart to heart in the middle of the grocery.   Mom finally told her sister all the hurtful things the uncle had screamed at her.  Can you picture this, I can't make this stuff up.   I've had enough drama to last until, oh, tomorrow, and we'll find out what other dirty laundry the dog drags in.    Looks like Easter is going to be a smaller affair this year.  

In the meantime, I am getting quite a bit of quilting done.  Sam is home.  It's so good when he gets to spend more than a week here.  Life is good.  Save that one hiccough.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,526
Points 51,000
Ginny replied on Sun, Apr 13 2014 6:05 AM | Locked

Well Gini,  I think it was a good thing that your mom and her sister met up in the store.  It was probably a much better place to meet up, even by coincidence. They had to stay somewhat civil in the midst of other customers and yet your mom was able to let sis know exactly what was said.   You are right, it will probably be a much smaller gathering, but at least your mom won't have to worry herself sick about it all.   Hope that your dad feels much better quickly.  Enjoy that man while he is at home.  Hope Sam gets some good rest.     Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,375
Points 175,078
Marie replied on Sun, Apr 13 2014 8:03 AM | Locked

There's my "old" Gini back telling very serious stories with a comical twist!  I can picture them both in the middle of that grocery store having it out!  Good for your mom, getting that off her chest!  Hope dad feels better soon, prayers going up for him.  Enjoy Sam being home.  Can't wait for the next adventure you have to share.  My life is back to boring since I came back from FL.  I have all the time in the world to quilt but just can't get motivated.

Millbury, MA

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 276
Points 4,525
SpringerMom replied on Sun, Apr 13 2014 10:25 AM | Locked

Oh my gosh, Gini... what a visual picture of the grocery store discussion! But, you know, it's probably good that you got it off your chest and it all worked out as it did. "Things happen for a reason." They have now laid it all out between them, right where it needed to be, and it's in their laps to deal with as they may. Easter might be quieter... but at least it won't be held with the big "elephant" in the room. No gathering is enjoyable with that kind of underlying and unspoken tension going on.  Kathy

My Sunshine doesn't come from the skies, It comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

-Unknown

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,349
Points 242,062
Thea replied on Sun, Apr 13 2014 11:09 AM | Locked

Bonita:

Thea, I'm so happy for you and Jay. i know you've wanted this for a long time. I wish I could be in the Chapel with you tomorrow for Jay's confirmation. My thoughts will be with you both.

Bonita - it was wonderful.  Brother Higbee blessed him and he was confirmed the newest member of the ward.  I felt so many angels around us and the blessed feeling of happiness.  

It was amazing that Jay had the strength to go but he was determined.  He fell down our back stairs yesterday - there are only 3 but they are odd sized and he hit his lower back on the 2nd step.  I have to be very careful when I go down them to pay attention to what I am doing as it is so easy to fall.  His lower back was hurting like the dickens today but he was determined.  He was very uncomfortable sitting in the pew but he made it through the service and I was so happy for him.  I have waited so long for this day but never pressured him in any way.  All of this had to be his choice and he made it and it is wonderful.  Today is a blessed day in our household - 

Bonita I could feel you there in spirit as I could feel all my friends that have prayed for this around the world.  All our prayers were answered and I thank each and every one of you for praying for both Jay and I.  Thank you so so very much!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,349
Points 242,062
Thea replied on Sun, Apr 13 2014 11:09 AM | Locked

Bonita:

Bonita - it was wonderful.  Brother Higbee blessed him and he was confirmed the newest member of the ward.  I felt so many angels around us and the blessed feeling of happiness.  

It was amazing that Jay had the strength to go but he was determined.  He fell down our back stairs yesterday - there are only 3 but they are odd sized and he hit his lower back on the 2nd step.  I have to be very careful when I go down them to pay attention to what I am doing as it is so easy to fall.  His lower back was hurting like the dickens today but he was determined.  He was very uncomfortable sitting in the pew but he made it through the service and I was so happy for him.  I have waited so long for this day but never pressured him in any way.  All of this had to be his choice and he made it and it is wonderful.  Today is a blessed day in our household - 

Bonita I could feel you there in spirit as I could feel all my friends that have prayed for this around the world.  All our prayers were answered and I thank each and every one of you for praying for both Jay and I.  Thank you so so very much!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sun, Apr 13 2014 4:33 PM | Locked

Gini, I think we jumped the gun clearing those flower beds. Mine got s**wed on last night... :(  Had robin in my crab apple tree this morning, and I swear he was chirping "They told me it was Spring! ...I can't believe they lied!  If I wasn't so cold, I'd head south again." 

I just snagged DS1 and gave him a much needed hairs cut. I told him it was either sit still for the trim, or wear a bright pink bow during the mass band concert this week.  I almost think he'd prefer the bow...

I've been playing with ideas for appliqueing the setting blocks on a lone star quilt. So far I haven't drawn a single thing that I like.  Does anyone have any ideas?

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 794
Points 12,820
Quiltless replied on Sun, Apr 13 2014 8:02 PM | Locked

gini:

Dad wasn't feeling too good, so we cancelled dinner.  Auntie called to see what was up with dad and what was going on for Easter.   Hmmm, mom is still furious at aunties husband and has worried herself sick that she might have to see him on Easter.  I'm getting a bit tired of no one telling anyone  what's going on, so I am spilling my guts to anybody about everything.  So I let auntie know that mom was still furious at her husband and as of today, I didn't think she would ever talk to him again,  when auntie started protesting that it was all my dad's fault, I then told her mom wasn't too happy with her either.   It was a rather short conversation.  Then as luck would have it, mom ran into auntie at Safeway, less than an hour later.   So here are these two old women, who are pretty private, having a heart to heart in the middle of the grocery.   Mom finally told her sister all the hurtful things the uncle had screamed at her.  Can you picture this, I can't make this stuff up.   I've had enough drama to last until, oh, tomorrow, and we'll find out what other dirty laundry the dog drags in.    Looks like Easter is going to be a smaller affair this year.  

In the meantime, I am getting quite a bit of quilting done.  Sam is home.  It's so good when he gets to spend more than a week here.  Life is good.  Save that one hiccough.

LOL, Gini!  

They are right in there with my family!  We could sell tickets to these events!  Put them in for Emmy awards or something.  

Maybe the fact that they have a quarrel going is what keeps their blood pressure flowing and their tickers in shape?  Could be?  That's the way I'm telling the story. They will probably live to be 101!

Quiltless

Page 219 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 217 218 219 220 221 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use