Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 216 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 214 215 216 217 218 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 361
Points 8,135
didash replied on Sun, Mar 30 2014 9:46 PM | Locked

Mimi - Will definitely put it on the calendar...and would like to go.  A bit early to commit right now as this summer may get kinda crazy.  We are shopping for a trawler to leave in the FL Keys as our winter home...so if we find one early, we may be pretty busy getting it ready to go south.  We have to head south early this year - either with the "new trawler" or with the sailboat because we have to be down there and be able to fly out of Miami to LA on Dec 2.  I'm soooo excited!  We are going to Tahiti for 10 days!!  Whoo hoo!!!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 465
Points 33,860
Jodie Davis replied on Mon, Mar 31 2014 1:34 PM | Locked

What am I up to today?

Well, for years I have been asked, "When are you going to import more Quilt Shop Cuckoo Clocks from Germany?" I don't have a shop, and this isn't exactly an inexpensive item, so I didn't consider it. Until I happened to check out Kickstarter. With Kickstarter I don't have to order 50 (minimum order) clocks up front. Instead, people pledge to buy a clock during the duration of the campaign (ends April 21st in this case.) Their credit card is authorized via Amazon Payments, but isn't charge until the end of the campaign, as long as the goal is met.

So I got with the factory for pricing and timing, and launched the campaign Saturday. Within 36 hours 25 clocks were pledged for! (!!!!!) I guess a lot of other people are as cuckoo for quilting as I am!

So that's what I've been up to ;)

Jodie

Here's a link to the campaign. You can watch a video and get details about the clock.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/69990270/quilt-shop-cuckoo-clock

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,350
Points 28,505
Marsha-SM replied on Mon, Mar 31 2014 6:07 PM | Locked

Diana:
'm shocked this morning.  This thing actually let me sign on.  Didn't keep getting "invalid password", etc. 

Maybe there is hope yet!!  I don't sign out so usually didn't have to sign in.  Lately I have had to sign in first and thought I had forgotten my sign-in and password.  Every time I was told I had the wrong sign-in or password.  Changed password on 3 different days (back to original password).  Next day the password wouldn't work.  Started out same again today but after I resubmitted the password it worked!!  Now maybe they will keep me signed in again.  I know I can't use the keyboard on my NEW computer because it has suddenly gives me letters and symbols that are different than I have typed.  Fortunately I have a keyboard that I can plug in to the computer that works fine.  I know my password doesn't work with the laptop keyboard but don't know which number or letter causes the problem.  I know that p is *, but haven't investigated what other keys may be affected.  There is no p or * in my password, so that wasn't the problem and had I used the plug-in keyboard.

Diana:
Looks like spring is trying it's best to arrive here in East Tn.  Some warmer temps (60's) is a lot better than 30's.   Hope spring is getting around the country too.  We've all had enough of winter this year.

Today it was the most beautiful winter day I ever remember.  The trees, bushes, and everything else, especially on the hills, were coated with the most beautiful, thick coat of ice and the sun was shining brightly.  Especially early when the sun was still behind the higher hills, the trees looked like the were covered in pastel lights - like a rainbow.  The electric wires were sporting fringes of icicles.  In the hollows, the trees were coated in snow and the trees in between were coated with frost.  Everything was either white or glistening - - a sparkling winter wonderland and the sky was the most clear, brilliant blue.  By noon, the ice was falling and dripping huge splats on the windshield.  I wish I had taken my camera. I should have a small camera to keep in the quilting tote I always take in the truck.  So many times we see things in our wanderings that need preserving.  If  I had a picture of the rainbow effect on the ice I would be able to show it to everyone here. It was 14 degrees when we got up this morning and is supposed to be in the mid to high 60s tomorrow.  We have a "lake" about 8 ft. round and about 6 in. deep outside our back door now.  The snow is disappearing fast and maybe spring is really on the way.  The birds think so.

Marsha - Western New York

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,350
Points 28,505
Marsha-SM replied on Mon, Mar 31 2014 6:31 PM | Locked

Pat Lancaster:
I'm still around when I can be. I'm not online as much as I used to be and like Kris, QCA has lost some of its charm for me. It has gotten a little easier to get on lately so perhaps the improvements are truly on their way.

Pat, same for me.  I am lurking in the background when I can get on, but have also had computer and internet problems that have gotten in the way. (Three strikes and you are out??  not yet for me!)  

Elaine, Judy, Diane, Susan, Weezee, Kris, and everyone out there lurking like me, we are not giving up --------- yet!  This is such a warm, friendly group.  I am trying to catch up on here - over 300 emails to date on what I have missed.  Also trying to do business taxes using 2 computers.  New computer - faulty keyboard, Old computer - Won't recognize USB phone for internet or USB mouse.  Also, need old computer for EQ7.  I need to find my EQ6 and EQ7 books to get my license codes, but haven't had time or energy to search yet.  I also haven't transferred all information from old computer to new so have to keep going back.  At least I can use printer on both computers, so can print out EQ patterns but not add anything new to EQ - fabrics, etc.  I like to find fabrics similar to what I am using when I design a quilt.  Need the internet for that.  I suppose I can search for fabrics on new and transfer to old, but don''t have that much time.  Need to get to sewing when not riding in truck or doing taxes.  

As you can probably tell, I am reading from last page backwards so my comments will be backwards also!!  Sorry I am so windy tonight, but I have a little time so am trying to catch up while I can - QCA is recognizing me today!!

Marsha - Western New York

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,560
Points 23,665
Susie replied on Tue, Apr 1 2014 12:54 PM | Locked

WOOHOO!  I am FINALLY able to get in!  So very frustrating, not being able to keep in touch with everyone!  I have been busy, though.

My granddaughters and I working on their quilts.

Latest top...this will be a fundraiser for my son's semi-professional football team.

So, keeping busy, in spite of not being able to check in (or maybe because of it?)

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,770
Points 67,115
Bonita replied on Tue, Apr 1 2014 3:37 PM | Locked

I'm still here, bouncing back and forth between the two sites. Things do seem to be be a bit better lately, keeping my fingers crossed.

Susie, pretty quilt, good luck with the fundraiser.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,457
Points 176,448
Marie replied on Thu, Apr 3 2014 3:49 PM | Locked

Well, I'm in for the long haul.  I was able to access every bit of QCA today!  YEAH!  I've been standing on deck and this ship is NOT going down!  Good job QCA and the powers that be!

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,587
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Sat, Apr 5 2014 8:13 PM | Locked

I'm still here, now that I'm back on.  Unfortunately, my weekday time is now limited by babysitting my 3-1/2 month old granddaughter, but I'm here, whoopee!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,144
Points 17,610
weezee56 replied on Sat, Apr 5 2014 9:00 PM | Locked

Glad to see you back on Karla.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,587
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Sat, Apr 5 2014 9:28 PM | Locked

Thank you, Weezee, it's good to be back.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,139
Points 14,735
Dawn replied on Sun, Apr 6 2014 3:35 PM | Locked

Great to "see" everyone!  I too am able to get on better.  Maybe QCA will be working better from now on!  I haven't done too much quilting.  I am waiting for DH to put shelves in the closet in my sewing room so I will have more storage.  But he is super busy w/our remodel.  I don't think it will take him long to put in the shelves and boy will that be nice!  The closet is almost 8 foot wide!  Then I will get started on my last grandchild quilt.  I have been putting it off, as the pattern is very detailed and I am soooooooooooo not good at keeping track of stuff.  I think that is why I want to get the closet done so I can be more organized.  We will be going to our DS house for Easter, then I will stay behind while DS and DDIL go pack up her Mom and move her in.  I will babysit 3 grands, by myself.  Won't be too bad, 2 go to school.  Plus I am finally getting used to where they live and will go shopping.  :-)  Then DH picks me up and I bowl 6 games in a row at the state tournament.  No, I am not a good bowler, anyone who bowls in a league can bowl.  I will be EXHAUSTED!!!!!!!!!!!!  I hope I can sleep for a couple hours on the trip there.  

Everyone have the most awesome week!  We might hit 70!!!  :-)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,144
Points 17,610
weezee56 replied on Sun, Apr 6 2014 4:43 PM | Locked

Dawn, glad to see you too.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,587
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Sun, Apr 6 2014 7:32 PM | Locked

Oh, it almost feels like old times, everybody popping back in.  

Today the boys (8 and 10 year old grandsons) and I started the garden.  We planted rhubarb and strawberries, cabbage and Texas Sweet Onions.  Then we helped DH repair all the drip lines that Bailey (the dog) chewed up and tore out of every garden space we have.  After doing that, we discovered a broken pipe, so DH had to repair that.

Now it is 6:30 pm and I've got to come up with something for dinner and try to get a little sewing done before the baby comes over at 7 am tomorrow for another week of fun.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,144
Points 17,610
weezee56 replied on Sun, Apr 6 2014 11:01 PM | Locked

Karla, I want to ask you a personal question, Where do you get all your energy?

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,587
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Mon, Apr 7 2014 3:24 PM | Locked

Weezee, I have no energy, that is my problem, I just have to keep persevering.  Right now I would like to do nothing more than take a nap, but the baby is not cooperating, she wants to be entertained.  I mowed the lawn while DH finished repairing the drip lines.  He is outside now trying to adjust the sprinklers and the sprinkler system timer.  He will fail, of course, and require my help to set the system times, duration, etc.  He doesn't do well with anything electronic.   I will be fidgeting with that until it is time to pick up the boys for TaeKwonDo.  I will leave here about 3:30 pm and return home about 6 pm to make dinner because I haven't gotten a chance to throw something in the crockpot today, but I did get the muffins baked for the boys after school treat.  They will love that...today they are chocolate chunk muffins so it will be more like eating cupcakes.

When dinner is done I will shower and collapse into my recliner, I'm sure, even though I would like to spend some time working on my baby quilt or LUS blocks.

• | Post Points: 50
Page 216 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 214 215 216 217 218 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use