Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 215 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 213 214 215 216 217 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 341
Points 6,735
tnmtgrl replied on Sat, Mar 29 2014 7:39 AM | Locked

I agree, winter has been here long enough although my DH said it could snow again tonight....just flurries probably , it's not suppose to stick. My fruit trees are in bloom don't need any low low temps!

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 341
Points 6,735
tnmtgrl replied on Sat, Mar 29 2014 7:40 AM | Locked

I agree, winter has been here long enough although my DH said it could snow again tonight....just flurries probably , it's not suppose to stick. My fruit trees are in bloom don't need any low low temps!

newport, tennessee

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 341
Points 6,735
tnmtgrl replied on Sat, Mar 29 2014 7:45 AM | Locked

Sorry, don't know why that double posted!

newport, tennessee

Not Ranked
Posts 18
Points 135
patricia selby replied on Sat, Mar 29 2014 9:50 AM | Locked

Diane, I really like that!  Sorry it took me so long to respond.  Log in problems, and not to good on this site yet.  Ha, ha!  Still figuring it out.  Not very computer savy.  Thank you for the suggestion. That is what I was thinking.  Something like that.  You must be very good at quilting.  Would love to see some of your work.  Again Diane, thanks             Pat

Not Ranked
Posts 18
Points 135
patricia selby replied on Sat, Mar 29 2014 9:56 AM | Locked

Diane, I love it!  I just wrote you back in the wrong reply box, so sorry.  Anyway I will figure this site out one of these days.  Ha, Ha!  Didn't have computers when I was in school and haven't had one for very long.  You must be very good at quilting.  That is what I was thinking.  Thank you for the suggestion.    Pat

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,731
Points 29,955
Roxana replied on Sat, Mar 29 2014 10:46 AM | Locked

Diana:

...  Get to use my new sewing machine that I got up  at the Lancaster, Pa. quilt show.  Play time..hehehe

Diana in East Tn.

So what kind of machine did you get? Sounds like fun! So glad to see you posting.

How was the Quilt Show? I can't wait to hear about it!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,336
Points 414,639
gini replied on Sat, Mar 29 2014 11:05 AM | Locked

Diana said she was totally done with qca in another post, I don't think she will be answering any questions for you here.

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,500
Points 50,600
Ginny replied on Sat, Mar 29 2014 12:17 PM | Locked

Diana had a message on here , I think it was yesterday.  Something about a new sewing machine that she bought in Lancaster-- or was that this morning?   But she has been on in the past day or 2.    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,500
Points 50,600
Ginny replied on Sat, Mar 29 2014 12:20 PM | Locked

Boy, I don't know where you are at, but I certainly hope it isn't anywhere near me.  I still have a lot of snow on the ground and just don't need any more.    I am looking forward to warmer weather for sure.    Ginny

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 157
Points 2,640
Brenda replied on Sat, Mar 29 2014 1:49 PM | Locked

I am working on my DJ blocks today.  I have skipped all of the applique blocks, yesterday I actually started working on one of those skipped blocked.  I am ready to sew the pieces on today.

Quilt, have fun, spend less time worrying if it is perfect.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,336
Points 414,639
gini replied on Sun, Mar 30 2014 12:49 AM | Locked

ginny, I think she left the message yesterday on quilters quilting

gini in north idaho

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 341
Points 6,735
tnmtgrl replied on Sun, Mar 30 2014 6:57 AM | Locked

gini:

ginny, I think she left the message yesterday on quilters quilting

It was  yesterday on this thread one page back

newport, tennessee

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,500
Points 50,600
Ginny replied on Sun, Mar 30 2014 7:26 AM | Locked

Gee, tnmtgrl, thanks for restoring my faith in my memory.  Thought maybe I was losing it.  LOL   Ginny

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 302
Points 6,775
didash replied on Sun, Mar 30 2014 9:16 AM | Locked

Well...I'm Diane - not Diana that got the new machine at the Lancaster show...but I did also go to the show.  It was my first "big show" and absolutely LOVED seeing all of the gorgeous quilts - very inspiring!!! Great place to shop for an new machine or longarm since you can try them all out before buying :)  

I was actually a bit disappointed in the vendors.  I had heard through the grapevine that there were great discounts on everything from tools, to thread, to patterns and fabric.  Unfortunately I didn't find that to be the case :(  The "lecture" that I attended was absolutely HORRIBLE and a HUGE waste of money - I can't believe they even charged for it!!! I was tempted to ask for my $ back.  It really took ALL of my self-control to keep from walking out.  If I had been sitting in the back, I definitely would have.  Was hearing similar murmurs all around me.  Shame....

Mimi also attended, from what I understand, on Saturday....I'm sure she can give a more "seasoned" evaluation.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,421
Points 40,355
Mimi replied on Sun, Mar 30 2014 11:15 AM | Locked

didash:
Mimi also attended, from what I understand, on Saturday....I'm sure she can give a more "seasoned" evaluation

Well that's me to a T, seasoned.....LOL.  I really felt that it wasn't that great a show this year.  I don't usually attend any lectures or classes but I didn't find anything that made me say "Wow, now that's amazing."  Talked with some people at my LQS and they said the same thing...not much of a show.  Last year when I came home from Lancaster I wasn't that inspired either and made a point to tell my husband I wasn't going to go for a couple years.  But then changed my mind when I heard Nana and Diana were going to be there.  The highlight of my time in Lancaster was meeting up with an old quilting friend and her daughter as well as Nana and Diana from QCA.  I find the show at the end of July in Hershey to be much more to my liking even though this year I couldn't find a class that was begging me to sign up.  Even if I just go out look at the quilts and sew a quilt top for the Children's clinic at Hershey Medical Center, I find it to be a much better show than Lancaster.

So Diane, you up to going to Hershey in July?  It's called Quilt Odyssey and the dates are July 24 - 27.  Missy runs a great show and there's lots of chocolate available most of the time!! Last year on Friday's game night, I won over $125.00 worth of free quilting books, supplies, fabric, etc.  Great fun!

Page 215 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 213 214 215 216 217 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use