Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 214 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 212 213 214 215 216 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985
MaxNTopeka replied on Mon, Mar 24 2014 1:52 PM | Locked

Hi ya'll!!!   I'm still here, too!  But lurking more than typing. (Dumb old hands only cooperate so much and I'd rather use them sewing than typing.)  I check in everyday and see what is going on.

Haven't been able to do much sewing on my sewing machines since last November.  It seems my sewing room has become a 'staging area' for the kitchen remodel.  It has been cluttered up with boxes containing 'stuff'...garbage disposal, sink, plumbing supplies, new cabinets, not to mention tools, saw horses, drop cloths, paint cans and on and on and on!  At first I tried to make the sewing room 'off limits' for storage but I failed miserably. I just covered my stuff up as much as possible to protect it from dust, dirt, crud, and all the by-products of remodeling. 

We finished the last three cabinets this past weekend and they have been moved into place in the kitchen. Not installed yet, but at least all the cabinets and their boxes are out of my sewing room!!!  We still have all the floor tile to put down, but it is stored in the garage. And when we finally decide on the light fixtures they will be installed immediately.  (Right now we have a dangling single light bulb over the sink and a dangling double light  fixture in the middle of the kitchen. Yeah...I know...that doesn't comply with code. But it beats cooking while holding a flashlight.)  

I stored my old sewing machine in DH audio room, so I could get to it while he is at work. It sits right in front of one of the big speakers for his sound system so I don't go there when he is home.  I have learned to sew on it using my left foot. It is working pretty well.  Seems as it will still be a few more months before I can get back to using my right foot with good control.  

I have finally gotten out of the walking boot after surgery in February.  Learning to walk correctly (heel-to-toe with the foot square on the floor, and not limping) has its challenges.  Many years of walking on the outside edge of my foot is a hard habit to break!   I'm still using a cane, and probably will for a while yet, especially on uneven surfaces--like the grass.  Nerves that were affected by the surgery are becoming de-sensitized so it feels less like I'm stepping on an electric wire. I guess I'm still at the 'was-the-surgery-really-worth-it" stage.  Another few months will big difference!

I've been doing some hand piecing...just a little bit everyday...but I can see an improvement in my stitches and I almost have a center section of a quilt done.  It will need borders to get it to the size I want, but since I will put them on by machine, not by hand, they will have to wait a little while.  If the sun shines someday I'll take a picture so you can see how I've been entertaining myself.

Now you're all caught up on what I've been doing.

S^**ing today!  But supposed to be in the 70's by end of the week.  Will this crazy winter ever end??

Hope you find lots of time to sew!  Try to stay healthy and safe.

Max 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,027
Points 369,907
Kris replied on Tue, Mar 25 2014 12:36 PM | Locked

Max I did not know you's had surgery. Slow and steady, you'll get there. I, too, am doing mostly hand piecing these days.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 505
Points 10,210
tnmtgrl replied on Tue, Mar 25 2014 6:53 PM | Locked

Our baby was spayed today so I have spent the afternoon and evening playing nurse......we put a onesie on her to keep her from licking her incision....

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,917
Points 124,925
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Tue, Mar 25 2014 6:55 PM | Locked

Oh my, the things we do for the critters we love so much. Sweet little pooch.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,633
Points 52,340
Ginny replied on Tue, Mar 25 2014 7:04 PM | Locked

Oh, poor baby.  Looks like she's enjoying the attention.     Ginny

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 505
Points 10,210
tnmtgrl replied on Tue, Mar 25 2014 7:04 PM | Locked

Thanks Judy!

newport, tennessee

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,240
Points 19,255
weezee56 replied on Tue, Mar 25 2014 7:14 PM | Locked

tnmtgrl:
Our baby was spayed today

She looks so cute in she onesie.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,911
Points 40,955
ls2116 replied on Tue, Mar 25 2014 10:08 PM | Locked

Very cute puppy is it a toy or going to be big?

Great seeing young ones sewing I think you chose great machine.

I did another stupid thing i got a new cabinet which i thought was the super quilters dream and though it was made by horn it is a inspira quilters cabinet which i thought i could go anywhere to get the storage caddie and i've discovered the model was discontinued murphys law i guess.  I have to switch some electrical outlets before i get to play on my new pfaff creative sensation plus i'm once again trying to make the sewing perfect room easier said than done.  Everyone on her I think has heard my story before I need more room.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 505
Points 10,210
tnmtgrl replied on Wed, Mar 26 2014 6:23 AM | Locked

ls2116:

She is a miniature pinscher, she's 5 months old and probably about 3/4 grown....she is 8 lbs right now and hopefully will not put on any more weight, but she will grow out just a little more.

newport, tennessee

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,633
Points 52,340
Ginny replied on Wed, Mar 26 2014 6:57 AM | Locked

I bought a Horn cabinet years ago.  I love it, although I really wanted the one that had more storage room and was larger, I couldn't afford the top of the line one.  I still love my cabinet.  I don't know how you have resisted using that new Pfaff that you got.  I think I would have had it home and working on it by the next day, even it I had to set it on 2x4s and cement blocks, Is.  LOL    Ginny

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,599
Points 26,900
Debbie replied on Wed, Mar 26 2014 9:42 AM | Locked

stayed home today, nose is running big time and sneezing so didn't figure anyone wanted me at work. can't decide if I have a cold or it's just allergies. of course, it's raining today so hoping it will clear the air, pollen count was high yesterday. 

need to finish the patriotic blocks and block for Thea's quilt. guess I better get busy, later! 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,240
Points 19,255
weezee56 replied on Wed, Mar 26 2014 3:24 PM | Locked

Debbie:
stayed home today,

I hope you its just allergies, and they go away soon.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,911
Points 40,955
ls2116 replied on Fri, Mar 28 2014 10:05 PM | Locked

Feel better Debbie.  Allergies and colds have been so bad this year.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,409
Points 19,530
Melissa Halpain replied on Fri, Mar 28 2014 10:13 PM | Locked

tnmtgrl:

ls2116:

She is a miniature pinscher, she's 5 months old and probably about 3/4 grown....she is 8 lbs right now and hopefully will not put on any more weight, but she will grow out just a little more.

I have a min pin also. They are just so cute. Mine is 8 years old though. Getting gray.

I'm just so happy to be back. I have had such a terrible time trying to get on here but it finally worked today and is working great.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,528
Points 31,105
Diana replied on Sat, Mar 29 2014 3:44 AM | Locked

I'm shocked this morning.  This thing actually let me sign on.  Didn't keep getting "invalid password", etc.    Hoping to get some pillowcases made today for our quilt guild meeting on Tues. night.  They will be going to charity.  Get to use my new sewing machine that I got up  at the Lancaster, Pa. quilt show.  Play time..hehehe    Just took allergy pills to get the running nose and post-nasal drip to stop.  I know it's allergies...hay fever and my cats. 

Looks like spring is trying it's best to arrive here in East Tn.  Some warmer temps (60's) is a lot better than 30's.   Hope spring is getting around the country too.  We've all had enough of winter this year.

Diana in East Tn.

• | Post Points: 65
Page 214 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 212 213 214 215 216 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use