Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 213 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 211 212 213 214 215 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140
Elaine Phillips replied on Sat, Mar 22 2014 11:55 PM | Locked

Diane, I like that meandering quilting pattern. I'm thinking of using something similar to that on my rail fence quilt I'm almost ready to start quilting, tho I thought I might use stars. 

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,579
Points 118,650
Judy Taylor-Bellingham replied on Sun, Mar 23 2014 12:22 AM | Locked

Elaine Phillips:

Leslie, don't leave us!! I'm still trying to get used to QATW. I can't seem to get an avatar posted from my iPad. I don't get on either site much anymore. Judy, I'm with you. QCA is my first love. 

Elaine. I hope we don't turn out to be the last quilters standing on QCA. Still hoping for the best. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 317
Points 7,200
didash replied on Sun, Mar 23 2014 1:20 PM | Locked

That will be 3 of us Judy!  I don't know what I'd do without this "quilting lifeline"!!!  Just haven't seen the charm of QATW yet...but honestly haven't spent much time there...

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,194
Points 15,975
Susan replied on Sun, Mar 23 2014 1:43 PM | Locked

didash:
Just haven't seen the charm of QATW yet
      I agree with you didash!! My welcome was lukewarm at best. QCA  and all the people here is still the best to me. It seems to be running better lately so hopefully some folks will come back to us. I sure do miss everyone.    Susan

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,073
Points 16,460
weezee56 replied on Sun, Mar 23 2014 2:20 PM | Locked

I went to QATW, it looks cold ( cut and dry) to me. I'll have to go there again, maybe it will look better to me. I miss everyone too.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,714
Points 364,457
Kris replied on Sun, Mar 23 2014 8:51 PM | Locked

I'm still here even though I'm sticking to groups.  I still read all the posts via email but don't reply to much. I'll go down with the QCA ship, if it comes to that, but it certainly has lost its charm for me.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,579
Points 118,650
Judy Taylor-Bellingham replied on Sun, Mar 23 2014 10:00 PM | Locked

Glad you're still here Kris. So many are missing that sometimes I feel like I'm in an empty warehouse and can almost hear the echos. But there are some new faces here that I'll enjoy getting to know. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,494
Points 46,835
Pat Lancaster replied on Mon, Mar 24 2014 5:01 AM | Locked

I'm still around when I can be. I'm not online as much as I used to be and like Kris, QCA has lost some of its charm for me. It has gotten a little easier to get on lately so perhaps the improvements are truly on their way.

I think those who don't like QATW need to remember that it is not QCA. It is free, therefore it does not have the resources that QCA has. It is not as "pretty" as QCA, colors not vibrant. In all fairness I have only participated in the threads from former QCAers so I can't complain about the friendliness or un-friendlyness of the folks there. It is not QCA and never will be, I'm waiting to see if QCA will ever be what it was. I work full time and have grandchildren I want to spend time with and want to work on quilts so don't have a lot of time to spend on the internet. I will not be on any site a lot, but prefer the "old" QCA, time will tell if the "new" QCA will fill that desire.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,453
Points 40,785
Mimi replied on Mon, Mar 24 2014 5:53 AM | Locked

Ditto to everything you said, Pat.  I too work full time, have DGD's and work on sewing projects in my free time when I'm not too tired from the rest of my activities.  I love QCA and hope things will improve.  Right now I'm not receiving all the posts and have lost interest at this point in time.  Especially when it is so hard to connect.  I do want to stay in contact with my quilty friends and hope things will be a lot better soon.  QATW is friendly and I've joined in on the chat room several times.  Seems welcoming enough.  Have a great day everyone.  Got to go and get ready for work.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,544
Points 23,325
Susie replied on Mon, Mar 24 2014 6:37 AM | Locked

I try every day to get in the site from work where I have chrome. rarely works. But this early I am on my phone.

This weekend I just couldn't pass up the deal on a new baby lock. It's a basic machine but all three of my girls love it. My daughter pulled her mq7 from my cupboard and was actually working on it! 

Here is my 6 yo granddaughter Lexi working on her maze.

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,520
Points 50,910
Ginny replied on Mon, Mar 24 2014 9:48 AM | Locked

Susie, I am sure that you --and your crew-- are going to love the machine.   We are going to be saying " Wow, look at that girl gooooo.   That is if you can get it away from the kids.    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,520
Points 50,910
Ginny replied on Mon, Mar 24 2014 9:59 AM | Locked

I am still here too, Judy, though I just about have time to lurk a little bit.     Ginny

I just have to go over and hold my new preemie GGS who is doing wonderfully.  I have even made him preemie and newborn sleepers.    Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,397
Points 415,529
gini replied on Mon, Mar 24 2014 10:06 AM | Locked

I'm still here.  I have been chastised for complaining too much.  I'm trying to stick to the," if you can't say anything nice......".   I have a lot of trouble getting anywhere but forums, and it is so slow, I get frustrated, so I am not here as often.   I am anxiously waiting for the site to improve.  

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,579
Points 118,650
Judy Taylor-Bellingham replied on Mon, Mar 24 2014 10:20 AM | Locked

gini:
 I have been chastised for complaining too much.  I'm trying to stick to the," if you can't say anything nice......".

Oh no Gini, not that! But, really, you are one of the vocal quilters who may be making a difference in getting the site up and running like normal. At least I hope so. I know I was blocked from the QCA Facebook page after I posted some frustrations and listed QATW as an alternative. 

QCA just isn't the same old site, too quiet. Kris hit it on the head when she said it's lost some of it's charm. It will come back, I have faith.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,354
Points 174,688
Marie replied on Mon, Mar 24 2014 10:25 AM | Locked

I agree with you Kris.  I hope this "ship" doesn't sink, there's still hope.

Millbury, MA

Page 213 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 211 212 213 214 215 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use