Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 210 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 208 209 210 211 212 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 397
Points 6,770
Phyllis replied on Fri, Mar 7 2014 9:30 AM | Locked

Never heard of QATW, just went out, joined and looked around.  I really like it!  Especially love the live chat forum.  That was fun.  This could be a good replacement for QCA.

Bonner Springs, Kansas

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 694
Points 13,230
Michelle replied on Fri, Mar 7 2014 3:04 PM | Locked

Didash, haven't seen anyone on here from delaware before. I lived in Dover from 3 months old til I was 20. Dad in military. Love quilting now, living in Texas for the last 30 years but we went back there this last fall to visit with military friends. 

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Fri, Mar 7 2014 4:25 PM | Locked

Hi

I can't get into my homepage again, and can't access the gallery. But I did make it here, so I thought I'd I show off my accomplishment here. Nope. No go. QCA won't let me upload a picture, so you'll just have to take my word for it that the new top came out pretty good, if I do say so myself.

I had a flier inviting me to join Quilters Club of America. It said one of the great perks for joining was access to this forum. Hmmm.... Why don't I believe it?

Another benefit was getting free shipping TO Keepsake Quilts.  Now why would I want to ship anything there? I'd much prefer free shipping FROM them.  Really the perks package has deteriorated quite a lot since when I first joined, even if they do try to put a good spin on things. There aren't as  many and the ones they do have are more limited.   Sad.  

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 382
Points 8,550
didash replied on Fri, Mar 7 2014 5:28 PM | Locked

Michelle, I was a Jersey Girl my whole life (except for a short stint in VA after college).  We just moved to DE in Sept. Jersey just got too expensive and was cheaper to downsize here than there.  We like it so far... :)

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 607
Points 9,675
Joyce replied on Sun, Mar 9 2014 7:33 PM | Locked

Mimi, Diana, I plan on going to Lancaster on Fri. and if I can get a hotel my DH and I will spend the night and leave on Sat.  I am thinking we will attend the quilt  convention on Fri. He doesn't like crowds so I know this won't be a happy event for him. :)  

That is what I'm thinking right now but I had a stress test on Fri. and I didn't study hard enough so now I have to have a heart catherization.  They will call me this week with a date so every thing depends on that.  I would love to meet you guys.  When will Diana be there?  I have a friend and her DH may go up also but she isn't sure yet.  But she would like to meet with us also I'm sure.  She quilts too.  

So if I can get on here maybe we can make arrangements to meet at least for a few min.

Joyce

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 607
Points 9,675
Joyce replied on Sun, Mar 9 2014 7:37 PM | Locked

Hi didash, I hope to go to Lancaster on Fri. also.  I would love to meet.  Thanks for the offer to ride up together I think we go the opposite way.  We go up 695 to 83.  My DH drives me as I can get lost in a paper bag.  

I couldn't get on site before so hopefully we can again before the trip.  I will be having a heart procedure done soon but don't have the date yet.  If it isn't this week  I will see you on Fri.  Mimi and Dina are going up also we are trying to find a time to meet.

Joyce

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 382
Points 8,550
didash replied on Mon, Mar 10 2014 1:26 AM | Locked

Sounds like a great idea Joyce!  Would be fun :)  I've been having a really hard time getting onto QCA...I will PM you with my email address.  If you have a cell #, perhaps that would be an easy way to find each other :)

Sorry to hear about the catherization, but it's better than the alternative!  Keeping you in prayer...

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,465
Points 41,130
Mimi replied on Mon, Mar 10 2014 5:56 AM | Locked

Joyce:
 When will Diana be there?

I think she and her sister are planning to be there all week.  I'm sorry I'll miss you and Diane, Joyce but I know you will have a lot of fun.  Sorry to hear about your procedure but Diane is right, it's better than the alternative.  I can't seem to get into my home page either so PM's would be hard for me but if you're staying over until Saturday, and if the Marriott in downtown Lancaster has rooms and you stayed there, you would be right in the convention center. I'm planning on getting there when the show opens at 9:00 so if you haven't left by that time we could meet in the hotel lobby.  Although expense might be a factor.  

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,841
Points 40,180
ls2116 replied on Mon, Mar 10 2014 5:11 PM | Locked

in my house the moving furniture was contagious everyone changed their setup I guess this time it wasn't just me who got tired of the way things looked.  Took my car for repair .  the rest of the week i'm dedicating to sewing.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Mon, Mar 10 2014 8:32 PM | Locked

Is, you have been movin' that furniture round 'n round now for years. How many different ways can it be? lol

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Tue, Mar 11 2014 10:58 AM | Locked

Sukochi:

Is, you have been movin' that furniture round 'n round now for years. How many different ways can it be? lol

Now Sukochi, don't be pickin' on Is. I have a friend who changes houses about as often as I rearrange my furniture! She owns several rental home and whenever someone moves out, she moves in and starts remodeling.... 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,585
Points 51,795
Ginny replied on Tue, Mar 11 2014 12:05 PM | Locked

Wow, CC that is really going far out there.  But, I guess if you have to change things or improve them in one of your homes. No better way to find out what works and what doesn't.  I thought the same about IS, but then I remember my Mom was always changing our living room around.  You never knew what would be where when you came home from school.  Not only that, but she was always recovering the cushions on something so you didn't really know if it was really there when you left in the morning or not.  LOL     Ginny

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 160
Points 2,845
Brenda replied on Tue, Mar 11 2014 12:36 PM | Locked

Welcome Phyllis

Quilt, have fun, spend less time worrying if it is perfect.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sun, Mar 16 2014 12:10 PM | Locked

Happy St. Urho's Day, Ever'body!!

Page 210 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 208 209 210 211 212 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use