Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 209 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 207 208 209 210 211 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,479
Points 46,580
Pat Lancaster replied on Mon, Mar 3 2014 5:34 AM | Locked

Hi Leslie, I looked around the site for someone I knew, then realized I had to sign up before I could post. So, I registered, then decided I was too tired to deal with it last night. If I have time after work today I will try again. I was a little disappointed with Snickerdoodle because so few people showed up there and I never was able to get in the groove there. I thought I might with the paper piecing group when I discovered they had moved. LOL, like coming home from school and Mom and Dad moved and didn't tell me. I have to get ready for work now, perhaps I'll see you over there later.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,479
Points 46,580
Pat Lancaster replied on Mon, Mar 3 2014 5:40 AM | Locked

Frances - I tried to send you a message but I got the dreaded "error message". I got several emails that sent me your message. I found QATW and signed up, just didn't have time to do much. I'll see you there when I have more time. Thanks for thinking fo me.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,670
Points 37,620
ls2116 replied on Mon, Mar 3 2014 8:28 AM | Locked

Just wondering is QATW the new webite for QCA who is run by?  Anyway I see some new people here and i'm figuring the older members are just lurking more.  Watched oscars last night with DH now I'm getting ready to go sew somemore littleby little i'll make progress.  How many of you are able to pend an 8 hr. day in your sewing room.  I use to but now I have life interfering i don't like sewing when i'm distracted by things.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Mon, Mar 3 2014 10:30 AM | Locked

No IS, QATW is completely independant of QCA.  That's why it works...

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 789
Points 12,705
Quiltless replied on Tue, Mar 4 2014 8:08 PM | Locked

Lots of rain here today.  It is a good day to be quilting.  

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 63
Points 1,240
Sherry replied on Tue, Mar 4 2014 8:43 PM | Locked

I actually got on now too!!!

Sherry

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 63
Points 1,240
Sherry replied on Tue, Mar 4 2014 8:48 PM | Locked

If anyone ever sees this message, I am planning a wedding quilt instead of a guest book at my daughter's wedding. I have been researching and the best idea I've seen is using squares with freezer paper backing for guests to write on. I would love ideas and advice from anyone who has done this!

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Tue, Mar 4 2014 9:38 PM | Locked

Today I actually made 1-1/2 blocks of the LUS.  Also went to the LQS to buy batting and came out with the batting, thread, and 8 different fabrics to make a baby quilt for my niece who is expecting in June.  Her baby shower is at the end of April, so I probably should get busy with that pretty soon,

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,426
Points 40,395
Mimi replied on Thu, Mar 6 2014 4:39 PM | Locked

Sherry:
I would love ideas and advice from anyone who has done this!

I did this for my daughter's wedding shower and ironed everything on to freezer paper and used permanent pigma markers.  The one thing I didn't do that I should have done is lightly draw the seam lines on the edges of the squares so the participants would not write in the seam allowance.  Other than that it turned out pretty nice.  Good luck with your project.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 63
Points 1,240
Sherry replied on Thu, Mar 6 2014 8:32 PM | Locked

Thank you very much for this information. I'm really looking forward to doing this!

Sherry

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 559
Points 8,820
Joyce replied on Thu, Mar 6 2014 10:11 PM | Locked

Hi everyone, I went to the Balto. quilt expo today.  It was held at Hunt Valley Inn.  They had a lot of older quilts displayed from the 1900 to 30's and very pretty.  I love looking at all the quilts.  Lots of vendors there also with tons of machines & long arms.  I only bought some Sponge Bob fabric from the cancer table to make pillow cases.  Almost bought a kit to make a huge tote bag to take supplies back and forth but backed out.  Might regret that later.  I didn't think they had as much to see as year before but then maybe I just wasn't into it today.  It was fun and I did watch a demo on jackets while I took a rest.  Next weekend is the Quilt show in Lancaster, Pa. is anyone planning on going?

Joyce

from Maryland

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,426
Points 40,395
Mimi replied on Fri, Mar 7 2014 5:52 AM | Locked

Joyce,

Diana, her sister and I are planning on going and meeting up in the AM on Saturday.  What day(s) are you planning to be there?  I'm meeting another quilting friend for lunch and the show in the PM.  Can't make it any other day as I work full time.  Let me know your plans too.  It would be fun to see you.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 651
Points 12,680
Carol from Pittsburgh replied on Fri, Mar 7 2014 7:28 AM | Locked

Sherry:

If anyone ever sees this message, I am planning a wedding quilt instead of a guest book at my daughter's wedding. I have been researching and the best idea I've seen is using squares with freezer paper backing for guests to write on. I would love ideas and advice from anyone who has done this!

Sherry, I just saw this post. Here's an idea for a quilt if you need one. I thought about doing this for my daughter's wedding but she planned on everyone signing a framing mat around the group photo taken at the reception. I think the tree leaves and the heart on the tree trunk are a cute idea.

http://seamslikehome.com/cgi-bin/Store/store.cgi?cart_id=4816032.IP173.71.169.159IP.4200.s0&product=Quilt_and_Wallhanging_Patterns&productid=2153&keywords1=tree&sales=0&lastmenu=

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 312
Points 7,115
didash replied on Fri, Mar 7 2014 8:57 AM | Locked

Joyce - wasn't able to get over to the Balto show but planning on Lancaster next week...what day are you going?  I think I'm going up on Friday since traffic there is soooo much worse on the weekends.  Maybe we can meet up!  If you want to come here, we can even ride together if you are going Friday.  PM me and let me know.  I'm in Bear, DE - not far off 95 (Just before the C&D Canal).

• | Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 382
Points 6,560
Phyllis replied on Fri, Mar 7 2014 9:28 AM | Locked

Never heard of QATW.  Went out and signed up and looked around.  I like it. Especially like the live chat room.  That is awesome.  Looks to be a great site and if it works that is even better!

Bonner Springs, Kansas

Page 209 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 207 208 209 210 211 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use