Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 206 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 204 205 206 207 208 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,015
Points 15,510
weezee56 replied on Wed, Feb 19 2014 8:46 PM | Locked

tnmtgrl, your MQ looks great.

Has any heard from Nana? I haven't seen any posting for a few weeks.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 157
Points 2,640
Brenda replied on Wed, Feb 19 2014 9:08 PM | Locked

I love it.  Great job.

Quilt, have fun, spend less time worrying if it is perfect.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,667
Points 65,685
Bonita replied on Wed, Feb 19 2014 9:26 PM | Locked

Your quilt is going to be beautiful. I love the purples.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,649
Points 37,320
ls2116 replied on Thu, Feb 20 2014 8:42 AM | Locked

I really like the fabric you chose!  The contrast is great.  

I picked up some allergy med and i'm only making progress on my wall quilt in spurts of energy.  This quilt should've been completed long before.  

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,337
Points 414,644
gini replied on Thu, Feb 20 2014 9:00 AM | Locked

Nana is  very frustrated with the site, she is posting what she needs to in the retreat group and we see her over on quilting around the world

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,337
Points 414,644
gini replied on Thu, Feb 20 2014 9:02 AM | Locked

Very nic, Jen.  This is my first todo at retreat, so I'll be getting mine done soon, too.

gini in north idaho

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 466
Points 9,105
Pat A replied on Thu, Feb 20 2014 9:32 AM | Locked

tnmtgirl. Love the lavender/purple.  Greaat job.  So pretty

Pat A. in KY

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,105
Points 109,540
chocake2 replied on Thu, Feb 20 2014 10:20 AM | Locked

Oooooo! Ni-ice, tnmtgrl.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,105
Points 109,540
chocake2 replied on Thu, Feb 20 2014 10:20 AM | Locked

Oooooo! Ni-ice, tnmtgrl.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Thu, Feb 20 2014 12:54 PM | Locked

tnmtgrl:

OMG!!! Look at what I am finally getting time to finish!!! My MQ9!!! :) I couldn't fit all the rows and columns on my wall but here it is.....

Beautiful,  I just got mine loaded on the frame and am starting to quilt it now.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,355
Points 31,965
MaxNTopeka replied on Thu, Feb 20 2014 2:07 PM | Locked

tnmtgrl, love your MQ!  Good job!  

Thought I'd drop in for a few minutes and let you all know I'm making progress....slow, but progress just the same.  I've been able to cut back on my pain meds to once a day. Sort of miss them...they reminded me a lot of the 70's.

DH has abandoned me. He went back to work on Tuesday.  I just don't understand why he was skipping and dancing on his way out the door.  I only had to 'doorbell' him three times in five days!  But before he took off he did put my ironing board in the bedroom and adjusted the height so I can sit in my roll-around chair and use it. Now I can press fabric and seams.  And iron shirts.

He managed to get me up into his tall pickup for my trip to the doctor on Monday.  Was not a pretty picture and I do so hope no one was video taping the process.  Some things just shouldn't have to be watched without a warning label.  Old one-legged fat ladies being crammed/shoved/boosted into elevated places by elderly men fall into that warning label catagory.  Getting out is simple--gravity.  Getting in goes against all laws of gravity.  Go ahead...laugh!  I would if I'd been watching!

Three more weeks of no weight on my right foot.  That is three more weeks of being bored out of my mind.  I can only read so much at a time.  I can only watch so much TV at a time.  The only TV with a DVD player is in a room I can't get into with my walker or roll-around chair, so no movies. I haven't figured out a way to operate the foot pedal on my sewing machine, although I have tried. (Word of caution: trying to hold it down with the end of a cane is NOT recommended!) Left-footing the foot pedal is less successful than with the cane!  That leaves me pretty much hand sewing.

Hand sewing is working pretty well for about 10 minutes at a time, for about 3 times a day. More than that is affecting my CTS in my left hand. And I really need that left hand when using the walker to get around in the bathroom (roll-around chair won't fit thru the bathroom door...walker won't either unless it gets turned sideways).  But I am slowly making progress with my GFG flowers, and some even slower progress on my Kalidescope (sp?) Stars.   And I have been petting my fabric, folding and refolding it, and matching up some new color combos for when I can work on them again.

In short, I'm alive and well, grumbling and pouting that this recovery process is taking way too long. I'll go back to lurking and trying to keep up with what website everyone is on.  Hope everyone is staying safe and warm and getting lots of quilting done.  

Max

• | Post Points: 80
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 685
Points 10,365
Jeanette Kennedy Asiala replied on Thu, Feb 20 2014 2:20 PM | Locked

Jen what a beautiful quilt.  Love your colors and what a beautiful design.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,186
Points 15,875
Susan replied on Thu, Feb 20 2014 4:35 PM | Locked

MaxNTopeka:
Thought I'd drop in for a few minutes and let you all know I'm making progress
               Max, Thanks for sharing with us, you are too funny. Glad every thing went well, even if its a slow recovery process. Sounds like DH was a Gem for you. I will keep you in my prayers, for" patience" .   Hugs,  Susan

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Thu, Feb 20 2014 4:59 PM | Locked

Glad to see you are on the road to recovery.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 157
Points 2,640
Brenda replied on Thu, Feb 20 2014 5:32 PM | Locked

I am glad to hear you are doing better Max. 

Today I went shopping to two quilt shops.  I live in the San Diego are there are so many.  It was so hot today 80 degrees.  I wish we could send some warm weather East and have you all send us some snow and cold weather.  I did buy some fabric for my Dear Jane but kept it to four pieces.  In the second shop I just looked.  Strange for me to just look.  I enjoyed a day with my friend and we sure had fun.  DH told me that he gets a lot of work done with me gone.  I know he missed me. 

Well I hope everyone is having a great day.  Tomorrow I plan on hitting my sewing room early and staying in there all day. 

Take care everyone.

Quilt, have fun, spend less time worrying if it is perfect.

• | Post Points: 50
Page 206 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 204 205 206 207 208 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use