Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 204 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 202 203 204 205 206 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,571
Points 51,620
Ginny replied on Tue, Feb 11 2014 4:42 PM | Locked

God is good, Marie  He came through with my prayers last night when I learned that my DGD was having an emergency C-section to deliver her baby 2 months early due to a cord prolapse into the birth canal.  They both came through in great fashion.  The little one weighed in at 4lb. 9 1/2  oz. ,but the hospital said they are going to keep him for about a month until he gets nearer his due date.   God is good.  Praise the Lord indeed.     Ginny

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Tue, Feb 11 2014 7:15 PM | Locked

My daughter weighed 3 lbs. 5 oz., she was 11 weeks early and stayed in the hospital for 4 weeks.  They let her go home when she topped 4 lbs.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 634
Points 10,945
zoetc49 replied on Tue, Feb 11 2014 11:09 PM | Locked

I arrived 2 months early nearly 50 years ago, medical care is so much better now than it was then, but I did not have any lasting effects. I too was in the incubator for at least a month. Your Great Grand child will be just fine , congratulations !! 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Wed, Feb 12 2014 2:44 PM | Locked

Prayers going up for the new baby and your DGD, ginny. Welcome to the world baby boy!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 794
Points 12,820
Quiltless replied on Wed, Feb 12 2014 3:54 PM | Locked

Deleted

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,571
Points 51,620
Ginny replied on Wed, Feb 12 2014 4:24 PM | Locked

Wow, even I am having a great deal of trouble getting into QCA.  I usually don't.    CC and all of the others who have commented.  Thank you for the prayers and good wishes for our new baby.  It was a lot more touch and go than I was originally told.  Mom got to the admitting desk at lying in and her water broke and she started gushing blood- It was a placenta previa- and had broken loose.  They rushed her into the delivery room, gave her a general anesthetic and delivered the baby.  Had a hard time stopping the bleeding.   She may need a transfusion tomorrow.  The baby is doing well.  She got to nurse him in NICU this morning and he held he temperature well.  When he starts gaining weight they will revisit sending him home earlier.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985
MaxNTopeka replied on Wed, Feb 12 2014 4:25 PM | Locked

Hello all!

Been so long since I've been able to get on I know I can't possibly catch up so I'll just jump in.  

Ginny, thoughts and prayers for the new baby and momma!  

Today it got above freezing for the first time in two weeks.  Supposed to have a little warming trend for a few more days, but the weatherman warned he is watching a storm building that he expects here about 7-10 days...more s^#*!!   Thirteen inches was enough, and the two that fell on top of that. I'm getting pretty tired of winter!

DH and I finally have the kitchen remodel to the point we are able to use the kitchen again.  The wall cabinets are up, walls painted, plumbing working and the stove is working.  Still no base cabinets, and we are no where near ready for tile yet. But progress is being made.  

And just in time, too.  I will be one-legged for about the next 6 weeks. Tomorrow is surgery day for my right foot.  I was feeling pretty good that I would have an excellent excuse to sit on my behind and do lots of hand sewing. But while helping DH shovel s^** last week I messed up my left hand.  Really aggravated the CTS and arthritis.  Can't use crutches or a walker until the hand improves.  And I can't hop on one leg very good either!  And I can't hold two pieces of fabric together so I can hand sew.  

At this point I am trying really hard to be VERY nice to my DH.  I am trying to accept just how much I am going to have to depend on him for the next several weeks.  I think that is more scary than having the surgery.  Every time I think about depending on him for food, water, pain killers, potty trips, etc. I start to hyperventilate and have to grab a paper bag.  

Some of you will laugh, but that's okay...go ahead:  When I expressed my concern about him being able to hear me when I need him, he said "NO bell!  and NO whistle, either!"  Okay...he's halfway hard of hearing and I know I can't yell loud enough for him to hear me when he's in his soundproof audio room.  So I bought my first every bag of Depends....just in case.  Last night he came home from the store and had a surprise for me. He bought a wireless doorbell.  I love that man!!   Now he can go in the bedroom, or audio room at the other end of the house and if I need him I just push the button.  He has the ringer unit with him and it Ding-Dongs right beside him.   Works perfectly.  (Now can someone please explain how having a doorbell ring beside you is less 'offensive' than having a bell rung for you?)

Gotta go.  Will check in and lurk when I'm able to get into the site.   Hope everyone stays safe and warm and has lots of quilty fun!  

Max

• | Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,571
Points 51,620
Ginny replied on Wed, Feb 12 2014 4:59 PM | Locked

Max, you slay me pre-thinking your situation after surgery.   Good thing your practically deaf hubby had the idea of the doorbell.  That'll work.   Thanks for the thoughts and prayers for my GD and her family.  I am hoping things go well.  She doesn't have anything for the baby yet-- was planning on going out this Friday to get the necessities so she would be ready when the time came.  Little Ashtyn decided to play  I'll show you"  LOL     Ginny

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,218
Points 16,395
Susan replied on Wed, Feb 12 2014 6:46 PM | Locked

Ginny, congrats on the new baby!!! Glad they are both doing well. 

Max, It was his IDEA, thats why.LOL. good to see you on here, too.

I dont usually have a hard time getting on QCA,however, since they told us things would improve its been worse and I have not been able to get on here. I sure hope they are not scaming us with this talk of better service. I miss everyone thats not on here now I sure would hate to lose more QCA friends. 

Its cold and rainy here in North Florida. It only was in the 40s today, and more cold again tomorrow, yuck. Im ready for some dry weather, we have had way to much rain this Winter. Once again they served hot drinks at church supper tonight along with the iced tea, which they seldom do. I  really feel for the folks living with below freezing conditions. This old Yankee has been down south way to long now and cant tolerate a lot of cold weather anymore.    Stay safe and warm everyone,   Susan

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 160
Points 2,845
Brenda replied on Wed, Feb 12 2014 8:37 PM | Locked

Ginny,

Congrads to your whole family kiss and hugs to that little baby.

Max,

Good luck with your surgery.  Let that man of your spoil the heck out of you.

Everyone stay warm and safe in that crazy weather.  Here in San Diego we do not have much to worry about except which pair of shorts to wear.

Quilt, have fun, spend less time worrying if it is perfect.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985
MaxNTopeka replied on Thu, Feb 13 2014 8:54 PM | Locked

Thanks so much for your well wishes.  Surgery went well and having very little discomfort.  Good pain pills!  DH is being very good and trying hard to be a good care giver.

Hope ya'll are staying warm and safe.

Max

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Thu, Feb 13 2014 9:31 PM | Locked

Oh Max, my sides hurt. You sure have a great way of putting a funny spin on a tough situation. My prayers are with you.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 160
Points 2,845
Brenda replied on Thu, Feb 13 2014 11:51 PM | Locked
  • I am so happy to hear everything went well.  Take it easy with those happy pills, LOL.  Get well soon. 

Quilt, have fun, spend less time worrying if it is perfect.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Fri, Feb 14 2014 6:07 AM | Locked

glad things went OK Max.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Fri, Feb 14 2014 11:29 AM | Locked

Ginny, congratulations on the new baby!

Max, this is the first I heard about your surgery.  Glad everything is going well post surgery and DH "discovered" the perfect answer to your problem...LOL!  (They always want to be the one to come up with the right solution...hahaha.)    I sent you a friend request on FB this morning!  Check your requests, accept and I can invite you to join the Quilters Quilting group.

We FINALLY have our normal Dec-Jan snow here in No.Central Washington.  We were just about bare until last week, and now we have about 25 inches on the ground and it is still snow hard this morning.  It's one of those cases of being careful what you wish for...lol.  But, this will give us the moisture we really need for well water and to prevent forest fires next summer.   I think I get to quilt today!!!

Winthrop, WA

Page 204 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 202 203 204 205 206 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use