Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 201 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 199 200 201 202 203 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 266
Points 4,965
Lesley replied on Wed, Feb 5 2014 5:41 PM | Locked

Gini there is lots of snow at Winter Park. They have had at least 24 inches last week and expecting snow every day now till Tuesday at least! I only hope it continues until we get there. we are going a week earlier than usual so hope the snow will be better as last couple of years hasn't been great. Although we have managed to ski. Good Job we play golf too as it's been quite warm at times so we just go and play golf instead.

xx

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 475
Points 9,255
Pat A replied on Wed, Feb 5 2014 6:01 PM | Locked

I'm frozen in like everyone else.  Had ice storm last night on top of 5" of snow so it's very crunchy outside (and slippery).  I did wrestle my garbage can out to the end of the driveway.  Took me 2 days to do it.  Started it yesterday (I have a long driveway) and finished it today.  Wouldn't have been so bad if the drive didn't have all of those frozen lumps of snow in the way.  I wouldn't have even bothered except that the can was full!    Don't know when I'll be able to get outl.  More snow is coming tonight and tomorrow and the deep freeze continues into next week.  Schools are closed (boy arfe the kids going to be unhappy when they have to go to make up all of these snow days in June.  )  This weather is crazy this year.  Can't remember a winter like this in a longgggggg time. 

Caught up on paperwork,  paying bills, planning my February budget and all of stuff.  Boring but necessary if you live on a limited income.  Hope to work on some more LUS blocks tonight.

Hope everyone stays healthy, be careful if you have to go out and keep warm!   Oh, and one last note.  Don't forget to feed the birds!  With all the snow and ice, they are having a hard time finding food. 

Oh, another last note, Nancy, I love your new avatar.  Very pretty.

Pat A. iin KY 

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Wed, Feb 5 2014 8:20 PM | Locked

Yes by all means feed the birds. We had a heavy late snow one year and the robins really suffered. As in no food, no robins   We are having a cold snap but that's nothing new here.

Finished up all my projects and will need to dig out another UFO to work on. I have a quilt that needs to get done for a gift from our quilting group for a member who is relocating as soon as her house sells , so I do have a day or two to get it done. All blue and yellow with teacups and teapots.  Lovely. 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140
Elaine Phillips replied on Wed, Feb 5 2014 9:19 PM | Locked

Gini, I would gladly let you have your winter back. We're i live 60 miles west of Kansas City I have 13" of snow. It wasn't fun shoveling in the -16 degree wind chill this morning. I still can't get out of my driveway. I'm last on the list to get my driveway bladed. 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,831
Points 39,995
ls2116 replied on Thu, Feb 6 2014 2:46 PM | Locked

ran errands now i'm gonna work on quilt until DH says he wants to do something.  I'm thinking about checking a local quilt guild in area, although i've heard its got a long waiting list to get in that is if i can remember what church its at.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, Feb 6 2014 2:54 PM | Locked

Elaine Phillips:
It wasn't fun shoveling in the -16 degree wind chill this morning. I still can't get out of my driveway. I'm last on the list to get my driveway bladed. 

The beauty of being retired is that when the weather outside is awful, I can just stay home.  Sounds like good sewing weather, Elaine!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, Feb 6 2014 2:56 PM | Locked

Pat A:
I love your new avatar

Thanks Pat!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 607
Points 9,675
Joyce replied on Thu, Feb 6 2014 4:48 PM | Locked

Nancy I agree I really like you new pic also.  It looks so sunny and like spring is in the air.  You look good.

Joyce

from Maryland

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Fri, Feb 7 2014 2:00 PM | Locked

It warmed up! It was only -11 when I took the kids to the bus this AM.  Now we are well above zero (+13)  and I am very glad to have more normal temps. I won't have to pick them up this afternoon. I bet the new baby calves in the fields are glad to have the warmer weather, too!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Sat, Feb 8 2014 5:08 PM | Locked

Today, Saturday, I'm quilting a UFO, one I started in Branson last year.  It would be done already but kept having the thread break (Connecting Threads was the only one I had in the right color).  Broke 2 needles, too.  Finally changed to Signature thread with the closest color I had, thought it would be obvious, but it doesn't jump right out at you, so I guess it's OK,  

Later this evening we will meet the kids for a birthday dinner for Grandpa (my DH), and then cake/ice cream at out house afterwards.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,218
Points 16,395
Susan replied on Sat, Feb 8 2014 8:36 PM | Locked

Its been cold, rainy, and dreary here in North Florida today so we went to the Jacksonville Naval Air Station commissary and exchange for our monthly grocery shopping then to Sams and back home to put it all away . After dinner I went out in my sewing room, finished a quilt top and now Im going to read a while. Tomorrows suppose to be sunny with  spring like weather, yay!     Goodnight, all !  Susan

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,819
Points 43,839
Eileen replied on Sat, Feb 8 2014 10:08 PM | Locked

Chicago got another couple inches of snow today - I think we are over 60 inches for the season. This is much more than normal (last year we had something like 10 inches total).  I had to remind myself that it will disappear & Spring will arrive! I must admit, when I'm not worried about having to shovel it, the fresh coating of pristine, white snow is pretty. At this point, a positive attitude is the only way I'll get through the rest of the season :-)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,449
Points 47,720
Angele replied on Sun, Feb 9 2014 9:14 AM | Locked

chocake2:

We're enjoying (?) a beautiful clear -25 morning here in the North. I'll be hugging the stove today!

CC it's still -23F.  At school as soon as it is -13F or-25C with the wind chill the kids stay indoors. In a month, they have been out about ten times for recess. Everyone is feeling the cabin fever...

speaking of retirement, I have four and a half months to go. I haven't counted the days yet.

Happy birthday....very late I'm afraid...Bonita.

the cabinet is lovely. I love the space behind the machine.

Pat, I hope your Mom enjoyed her birthday. My dad has glaucoma and only has vision in one eye.

this has been a rather difficult week. My nephew's MIL suddenly passed away from bowels blockage that caused septicemia. She was 51.  No money put aside for her funeral and my niece is an only child. No dad. My SIL apt building burnt down. Everyone got out. She lost everything and had no renters insurance! I just can't believe it. Finally my credit card was compromised after I purchased fabric online. In no time they emptied it.. I'm so glad last week is done for me.

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 125
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,574
Points 51,665
Ginny replied on Sun, Feb 9 2014 10:18 AM | Locked

Oh my, Angele,  you certainly have had a bad news week.  Hopefully, you will get your credit card account straightened out immediately.  Prayers for your nephew's wife's family and for your SIL. Hopefully she can get resettled quickly.   Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sun, Feb 9 2014 10:33 AM | Locked

Sending you Cyber Hugs, Angele. It sounds like you need them!! Today will be better, 

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Page 201 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 199 200 201 202 203 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use