Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 200 of 220 (3292 items) « First ... < Previous 198 199 200 201 202 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,291 Replies | 65 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,033
Points 108,610
chocake2 replied on Wed, Feb 5 2014 10:32 AM

Still well below zero here this AM and a bit of a breeze, so once again I had to drive the kids to the bus. 

Marie, thank you for keepin us cold folks laughing. You don't need to apologize!

Dh slipped while unloading the chicken feed yesterday. Chiropractor today and maybe back to work tomorrow.  In the mean time I have both him and Sprout to contend with, so I'm not  making any progress on my chores, much less my 'entertainment."  

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,305
Points 21,710
Debbie replied on Wed, Feb 5 2014 11:06 AM

It was 11 here in OK this morning but wind chill was -10.  Talk about cold and roads are dry and clear.  Another storm is suppose to be coming our way tonight or tomorrow.  Wish we had bunch of snow to help explain this cold weather, instead just ground cover and ccoolldd!

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,093
Points 14,135
Dawn replied on Wed, Feb 5 2014 11:38 AM

We got another load of snow dumped on us last night.  Not sure how much, but enough that the schools are all closed, yet again.  DH went to work, he has never not made it, called me to say I probably wouldn't make it out of the drive.  There is a huge drift at the end of it.  Was to bowl and babysit, but oh well.  Got some clothes picked back up, watched some stuff on Netflix, need to figure out what I want in the cubbies for the shower, still.  So hard, since it is permanent.  Have left-overs so I don't need to figure out supper.  Yay!!!   I would go down to my sewing room, but I would need my winter coat, boots and gloves and if I had all that on, couldn't move . ..  Will finish my art quilt though, just one last thing.  Will upload pic soon.  Here is a pic of our driveway, looking down of course.This is looking down our drive . . . not sure if it will post sideways . . . anyway, here it is . .. . 

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,093
Points 14,135
Dawn replied on Wed, Feb 5 2014 11:39 AM

Wow, that pic loaded funny . . . click on it, it will look right.  So odd . . . 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,036
Points 169,793
Marie replied on Wed, Feb 5 2014 11:52 AM

My thoughts and prayers are with all of you in that horrible weather zone.  I left my kids in MA, Lord please keep them safe.

Millbury, MA

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,080
Phyllis replied on Wed, Feb 5 2014 11:53 AM

We really got dumped on in Kansas City yesterday.  Something that doesn't happen that often.  Normally our storms go just north or just south of us.  We have about 1 foot of snow on the ground.  Can' t remember the last time we had this much snow on the ground.  This morning when I left for work it was 7 above with a wind chill of 25 below!  We are expecting to stay in this deep freeze until the next snow storm which is due in here about Friday followed by another 3-4 days later.  What is up with this weather???

Bonner Springs, Kansas

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Wed, Feb 5 2014 12:31 PM

Mimi, I am so sorry to hear you got hit that hard with ice.  Heavy snow is bad enough, but ice is just the worst!

I was holding my breath as they talked about another storm system swinging through, and then I exhaled when it all went south and east of here.  Minnesota was spared for the first time this winter.  We are heading back into the deep freeze beginning tonight through the weekend.  The propane and electric bills are killing us this winter.  It's no wonder that half the population of our little town is in Arizona right now.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,110
Points 410,949
gini replied on Wed, Feb 5 2014 1:11 PM

Phyllis, it was a year ago when you last got dumped on.  we had to fly into Kansas city in February,and you had more snow left on the ground than we had all year.  same this year.  we have maybe 4 inches.   you can send all your snow back up here,  I hate dry winters.  we are getting some cold.  our river is frozen across, it's about 2 miles wide here.  3 degrees with 30mph winds, I finally got cold enough to put my long johns on.  the weather has been weird all over.  you are getting our winters, and I miss them. 

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,110
Points 410,949
gini replied on Wed, Feb 5 2014 1:19 PM

mimi,  I've been hearing about your ice storm.   stay safe

Lesley, does winter park even have snow?  sun valley is hurting and there are several areas that haven't opened.   our ski area is one of the few open with decent snow in the west.   from here north into british columbia the snow is pretty good. they have moved some of the sanctioned races here, because we have snow.   good luck on getting fit.   wall squats work best for getting my quads in shape

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,339
Points 38,890
Mimi replied on Wed, Feb 5 2014 1:21 PM

MNnancy:
Mimi, I am so sorry to hear you got hit that hard with ice.  Heavy snow is bad enough, but ice is just the worst!

Thanks Nancy.  We got the eight inches of heavy snow on Monday.  Now we have over a half inch of ice on top of that.  The poor trees just couldn't take that kind of stress.  The branches on the larger trees are breaking off causing the power lines to go with them.  We live in a neighborhood that has buried power lines but that didn't prevent the electricity from failing.  There are over 650,000 people now without power in a very populated area of our country.  And now there is news that the temperatures will not get above freezing for the next several days causing more branches to be overstressed and break off.  It's really eerie to hear them crack and drop. I doubt we will have school tomorrow and possibly not until next Monday. Too bad the power is off or I'd be down in my sewing room. Right now I'm working on some hand reverse appliqué for my Jo Morton class.  Trying to keep the amount of power I'm using to a minimum.  Hope everyone with bad weather woes will keep safe and warm.  Signing off for now.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,339
Points 38,890
Mimi replied on Wed, Feb 5 2014 1:51 PM

gini:
mimi,  I've been hearing about your ice storm.   stay safe

I'm hunkered down gini and just saw a great reminder that this too shall pass.  Can you see the male robin in all the tree limbs?  A sure sign that spring won't forget us this year.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,093
Points 14,135
Dawn replied on Wed, Feb 5 2014 2:48 PM

Nancy, love the new pic!!!  Cute!!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,371
Points 48,735
Ginny replied on Wed, Feb 5 2014 2:52 PM

Mimi, that robin is probably thinking -"dang what is my tree branch doing down here?  I had it all picked out as a safe place for a nest.  Now what?"  

We have had snow falling all day again.  Think that my son shoveled about 4"" of additional snow before he left for work.  We have so much more snow than we ever have had in many, many years.  before this snow, it was up to the bottom of my neighbors wrought iron chair seats on his patio.    Ginny

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,576
Points 36,070
ls2116 replied on Wed, Feb 5 2014 3:12 PM

I pushed myself to shovel snow,  its really beginning to ache to lift shove so high.  DS was helping otherwise I wouldn'tve been able to get my car out not that i plan on driving in this.  did more echo sewing this morning.  just trying to get energy to make dinner.  People often say I don't work I'd argue with them on that.  I'm excited to see my tv service now has more quilting shows available to watch.  seen barn quilts, star patch now i have to catch up on the others i've missed.  Stay healthy everyone.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,033
Points 108,610

It's "up" to -15 now, but the sun is about to go behind the mountain so that's about to be reversed and the mercury is gonna start dropping again. *sigh*

I haven't gotten a whole lot done today. Sprout figured daddy is home to play with him and can't understand why he won't get out of the recliner and be a pony... Dh is crabby, of course, so that's not helping. Seems like everything I start gets interrupted to go rescue one or the other of them.  

I decided I deserved a treat so I am making Nana's rolls... or trying to, in between crisis'. By the time they come out of the oven the big kids will be home to descend on them like a swarm of locusts.  :)

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Page 200 of 220 (3292 items) « First ... < Previous 198 199 200 201 202 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use