Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 198 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 196 197 198 199 200 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 532
Points 10,140
Pat A replied on Mon, Feb 3 2014 2:46 PM | Locked

Jen, what a great sewing table.  It's beautiful. 

Bonita, happy birthday.    Sweet DDs to throw you a surprise b-day party. 

I got back from Florida last night and snow was just beginning to fall.  I live an hour from the airport but fortunately I managed to get home before the roads became too hazardous.   Got up this morning to 5-6" on the ground.  Had to wait for a neighbor to plow my driveway so I could get out to pickup my dog Woogie at the kennel and Annie, the cat.  at the Vet.  She had a bit of female surgery while she was there. 

My Mom was so surprised to see so many of her grandkids and friends at her birthday party.  We had a really nice time - good food, good company.  My DS who lives in England, flew in so that was a treat for me as well as my Mom.   Someone had commented it was so nice to see everyone at a family gathering when the honeree was still alive.  Usually the only time we all get together is at a funeral, especially since my Mom moved to Florida.  Most all of the family live here in Louisville except for my two sisters, one of whom lives in Jacksonville and the other in St. Louis.  It was really great to be able to spend a little time with them even if it was for just a weekend. 

Today, I'm trying to get the final border on my MQ6.  I've got my fingers crossed that I have enough fabric.  I'm making the borders wider than originally anticipated.  May have to do some creative corner blocks if I'm short.  

Pat A. in KY

• | Post Points: 50
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 506
Points 10,245
tnmtgrl replied on Mon, Feb 3 2014 3:23 PM | Locked

Thanks everyone for the nice comments about my table. I read them to my hubby and he is now strutting around like a proud peacock. Now that I have such a nice table I had to clean up my sewing room...good use of a cold rainy day.

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,246
Points 19,420
weezee56 replied on Mon, Feb 3 2014 4:48 PM | Locked

Jen your sewing table looks great, does DH work with wood for a living?

Happy birthday Bonita.

Debbie how you get another snow day. Have fun.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Mon, Feb 3 2014 4:56 PM | Locked

Happy Birthday Bonita.

tnmtgrl, you hubby earned the right to strut. He did a beautiful job on your table. You're a lucky lady!

We're enjoying some seasonal weather this week.  It's back down to BRRrrrrrrrrrr, with a little fresh snow thrown in. 

Today I slipped off for a little time away from my responsibility at home and tended to my responsibilities at work. I spent the better part of 3 hours cleaning and puttiing together  the fossil I've had on the work bench for more then a month. On the bright side, the bossman can't complain about my lack of productivity because he hasn't worked on his fossil since my last work session either! We had a nice time hanging out and breathing glue fumes.  

The shop floor is concrete and it really holds the cold. My poor toes are still only half warm and I've been home with them tucked into my fuzzy slippers for more then an hour! 

In other news, my friend at the foundry challenged me to come up with a project that combines my glass work and his silver castings. It's an unusual project and will certainly  put my imagination to the test, but I think I will enjoy working on it.  

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 685
Points 10,365
Jeanette Kennedy Asiala replied on Mon, Feb 3 2014 5:26 PM | Locked

Bonita, Happy Birthday and I wish you many more.

Jen, what a beautiful table your husband made for you.

Pat I am glad all went wrll for your mother's birthday party.

I am still in AZ and we just had my granddaughters 5th birthday party.  I have been working on my LUS blocks while I am here.   Went to a great quilt shop (that as it happens is just down tbe street from where I am staying) and had a great time shopping.  They had such beautiful fabric.  Will be going back (with more room in suitcase) in April. I am hoping to get back home this week since I see we are getting another storm.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,154
Points 14,985
Dawn replied on Mon, Feb 3 2014 5:41 PM | Locked

Happy Birthday Bonita!!!   Hope it was awesome!!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,154
Points 14,985
Dawn replied on Mon, Feb 3 2014 5:48 PM | Locked

Jen, that table is awesome!  Your DH did fantastic!

I got to babysit today, which I was glad to do, haven't seen too much of my grands as DD has been busy!  But we now have a gym membership and will work out together at least once a week, I hope.  We are to get our last tile delivery tomorrow, then DH will be getting that going!  I may make him stay home Wednesday to get started!  :-)

Not much here, supposed to get more snow tomorrow, at some point.  I just want it to warm up a bit!  Tired of these below zero days.  

Well, better finish supper, meatloaf, garlic mashed tators and green beans.  Comfort food!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 506
Points 10,245
tnmtgrl replied on Mon, Feb 3 2014 6:04 PM | Locked

weezee56:

Jen your sewing table looks great, does DH work with wood for a living?

No weezee56, he is a retired law enforcement officer.

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,937
Points 33,695
Roxana replied on Mon, Feb 3 2014 7:37 PM | Locked

Happy Birthday, Bonita!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 795
Points 12,825
Quiltless replied on Mon, Feb 3 2014 7:42 PM | Locked

Sukochi is online!  Hi Sukochi.  Where have you been?

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,918
Points 41,020
ls2116 replied on Mon, Feb 3 2014 8:39 PM | Locked

I chopped some more ice today and my shoulders are aching,  but i'm getting ready to make a sample of twin needle sewing to see if it could work for fmq.  I also went to my lss and picked up one of those bobbin holders with the blue arrow to see if it helps me with quilting.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,918
Points 41,020
ls2116 replied on Mon, Feb 3 2014 8:41 PM | Locked

I hope you had a wonderful birthday Bonita!  Are you still in hospital?  If you are I hope they they treated you nicely.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Feb 3 2014 9:02 PM | Locked

Bonita:
I thought we were having a Super Bowl party, but She threw me a surprise birthday party.

That was a sneaky way to do it!  Late happy birthday, Bonita.  Have fun using those gift cards.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,900
Points 69,300
Bonita replied on Mon, Feb 3 2014 10:42 PM | Locked

Thanks everyone for the nice wishes for my Birthday. It was a lot of fun.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,728
Marie replied on Tue, Feb 4 2014 9:22 AM | Locked

Bonita, what a nice surprise, happy birthday!

Jen, could you send hubby to my house next, I love your sewing table, excellent work!

Debbie, it'll be awhile but congrats on your retirement in 395 working days, it'll go by quickly.

Susan, no comment on the game but I loved the commercials, they were awesome.

Millbury, MA

Page 198 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 196 197 198 199 200 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use