Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 197 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 195 196 197 198 199 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 601
Points 9,570
Joyce replied on Sat, Feb 1 2014 4:40 PM | Locked

Is2   I'[ve never used two needles I too would love to know how that works.  

I actually got into my sewing room and made one of the blocks for one of the ladies I signed up to make.  It turned out the right size and points matched.  Took me most of the day to finish it but I'm so out of practice.  It felt good to create something again.  I have lots of UFO's to work on but have been a slump.  My mom used to come in and sit on the bed and talk to me when I tried sewing but now I don't have her anymore so it has been difficult to sit down and work.  Need to get quilting on my DGDs quilt, I did get part of it quilted.

Joyce

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 621
Points 10,720
zoetc49 replied on Sat, Feb 1 2014 9:23 PM | Locked

I just found out that a family member is getting stationed in Italy in two months. I am so happy for them. I have been there 20 years ago. I don't think I need to go back, but it sure is tempting. 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,755
Points 38,915
ls2116 replied on Sat, Feb 1 2014 10:41 PM | Locked

I think I'll try a sample of double needle if that works then i'll try on wall quilt.

Joyce just remember thats where qca comes in handy there are so many other quilters here to talk to.  Its not the same I know because you have to wait for someone to answer questions oppinions but we are here. 

I am so glad my migraine seems totally gone.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sun, Feb 2 2014 12:25 PM | Locked

Gini, see if you can scrounge up a couple swimming 'noodles'. They make pretty decent draft blockers under garage doors, and they're cheap. ;-)

Miss Elza and my Sprout sound like they're cut from the same cloth. Last year I was thinking Oh, he'll only be 7 months old at Christmas so the tree will be safe... HA! He was fully mobile by then and he walked at 9 months. Tell Amie to brace herself!

My guys say they are going out to try some fishing today...providing the boys get the rooms cleaned right ricky-tick. Mom will over-rule their fun if their chores aren't finished before daddy leaves.

DD is going to a Stuper Bowl party later, so it'll just be me and Sprout hanging out today. I bought the backing for Jr's star yesterday so maybe I'll get that basted... maybe. 

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Sun, Feb 2 2014 5:57 PM | Locked

Loaded and completed quilting a charity quilt. I am tracking all the data for each size; amount of thread used, time it took etc. interesting project. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,765
Points 67,060
Bonita replied on Sun, Feb 2 2014 9:38 PM | Locked

Just got back from DDs where I thought we were having a Super Bowl party, but She threw me a surprise birthday party. Whole family showed up and I made out with some gift cards.  Barnes and Noble, Michael's and JoAnn's. They sure know what I like. Birthday is really tomorrow, one of the zero ones. The big 70. 

• | Post Points: 95
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140
Elaine Phillips replied on Sun, Feb 2 2014 9:42 PM | Locked

Happy birthday tomorrow, Bonita. I hope you have a great day. What a sweet daughter, to surprise you with a party. 

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 266
Points 4,965
Lesley replied on Mon, Feb 3 2014 8:23 AM | Locked

Bonita hope you have a very happy birthday tomorrow.

xx

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,459
Points 40,890
Mimi replied on Mon, Feb 3 2014 8:38 AM | Locked

Happy birthday Bonita.  May you have many more.

It's snowing to beat the band here in the NW suburbs of Philly.  Heavy wet snow.  Schools are closed and DH has today and tomorrow off.  Think I'll get a crock pot meal going for dinner, clean a little, do a little laundry, and then sew.  Have a great quilty day everyone.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 439
Points 8,815
tnmtgrl replied on Mon, Feb 3 2014 10:38 AM | Locked

My sweet hubby made me an awesome new sewing table....now I just need to wait for warm weather to paint it.......

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

• | Post Points: 80
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,520
Points 25,455
Debbie replied on Mon, Feb 3 2014 11:19 AM | Locked

Happy happy happy birthday, Bonita!

tnmtgirl - wow, very nice!

Still cold here today, got about 2 inches of snow yesterday and more predicted for tonight and tomorrow.  Hopefully will be enough for us to close, they did yesterday.  

395 more working days, retirement is calking my name real loud!

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 794
Points 12,820
Quiltless replied on Mon, Feb 3 2014 11:45 AM | Locked

tnmtgrl:

My sweet hubby made me an awesome new sewing table....now I just need to wait for warm weather to paint it.......

tnmtgrl,

That's beautiful.  I love the clean lines and lots of leg room.  You have a center of the needle sewing position which is a big selling point for the expensive Koala cabinets.  You also have room to the right for laying down sewing notions for a right handed person.  You're going to love working at this table.  Very nice!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,459
Points 40,890
Mimi replied on Mon, Feb 3 2014 11:47 AM | Locked

Wow tnmtgrl.  What a great DH you have and so clever too.  Looks like you will have lots of fun using your new sewing table.  You're a lucky lady for sure. 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,209
Points 16,230
Susan replied on Mon, Feb 3 2014 1:35 PM | Locked

Happy Birthday, Bonita ! 

Jen, Nice sewing table and I love that window. too. 

Mimi, Cant believe its storming there today. Its 80 degrees in North Florida, were we just got back to from my DD and family in Mid Georgia, where it was in 50s and rainy.  

What did everyone think of the super bowl?                      Susan

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 38
Points 690
Kelly replied on Mon, Feb 3 2014 2:07 PM | Locked

Nice!

Kelly

Page 197 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 195 196 197 198 199 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use