Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 195 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 193 194 195 196 197 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 905
Points 16,770
Patricia Faye replied on Thu, Jan 30 2014 3:14 PM | Locked

Had a nice direct flight from San Antonio to Baltimore with no delays or bumps along the way.  So EXCITED to be here.  Went with my DD & DSIL to pick up my adorable granddaughter, Cora at Day Care yesterday & she even remembered me from my last visit in May!  She's only 2 so that made me feel soooooo good.  Of course I had several gifts for her & she loved the little book I brought her the best.  I must have read it to her at least 10 times last night.  

We went out for a nice dinner & I got the crab cakes they know I love.  Went with my DSIL to drop off Cora at Day Care so I can learn the way since dropping her off & picking her up will be my responsibility while I'm here.  I' d like to keep her home with me but they don't want to disrupt her routine so I guess I have to go along with their request.  My DSIL will be traveling Sunday - Wednesday so I may just take her late & pick her up early since my DD will be at work & I'll be all alone anyway.  Then the following week they are leaving for Las Vegas for a long weekend (Thursday - Sunday) so I may just keep her at home with me!  Unfortunately they have snow & it is really too cold to be outside for long but Cora & Grandma may just have to go to the mall shopping while they are away too.  

I did bring lots of the appliquéd Dear Jane blocks to do the sewing on so will do a few this evening when everyone is in bed.  They get to bed early & I have the TV downstairs all to myself except for one of the 5 cats who like to come down & snuggle with me.  So I have lots of quiet time to myself during the day and late evenings.  

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 467
Points 9,125
Pat A replied on Thu, Jan 30 2014 4:09 PM | Locked

Is it Spring yet?   I had a flight scheduled to Jacksonville, FL via Atlanta, this afternoon to visit my mother & sister.  I was online yesterday to checkin only to discover my flight had been cancelled due to the big mess in Atlanta.  We are giving Mom a surprise (Ha) party for her 100th birthday.  All siblings, nieces, nephews, cousins, grandkids, whoever can make it, will be there.  She is expecting all of her kids to be there but she will not expect the rest of the bunch especially they mostly all live in and around Louisville.  She will be really pleased.  Now I just have to get there. 

I have rescheduled my flight for tomorrow morning, leaving Louisville at 6:55 a.m.  I am going to hate myself for scheduling  this flight but it was either that or leave at 11:00, change planes in Baltimore after a 3-4 hr layover and get to Jacksonville around 6:00.  Didn't want to spend the whole day traveling.  - I live an hour away from the airport.   I hope I don't oversleep!  I figure I will have to get up at 4:00 a.m. , leave the house at 5:00,and get to the airport by 6:00 to catch that flight.   Hope my alarm clock works!! 

Pat A. in KY

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, Jan 30 2014 4:33 PM | Locked

Donna B:
I'm off to a cross-country ski class this morning

Donna, what new things are you learning about x-country skiing?  I imagined you were already a master.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, Jan 30 2014 4:37 PM | Locked

Patricia Faye:
so I may just keep her at home with me!  Unfortunately they have snow & it is really too cold to be outside for long but Cora & Grandma may just have to go to the mall shopping while they are away too.  

I sounds like you have a wonderful time planned for you and Cora!  Have fun!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,542
Points 51,250
Ginny replied on Thu, Jan 30 2014 4:55 PM | Locked

Have fun at your Mom's Big Birthday Bash, Pat  Reaching 100 is a true milestone.  Don't you dare oversleep tomorrow morning.   Wish your Mom  very Happy Birthday from me and give her a great big{{{ HUG}}}  too.    Ginny

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,365
Points 37,195
Linda replied on Thu, Jan 30 2014 7:27 PM | Locked

Wow! Can you believe it? I actually got onto QCA!!! First time since Christmas. I see all the familiar faces that  I know and love and have missed. 

Patricia Faye - I have a granddaughter Cora too. She's a cutie and a bit of a mischief maker (kinda like her grandma). Yesterday her mom posted a picture on facebook.....Cora had gotten hold of a green magic marker....use your imaginations!

Have you all been quilting the winter away? It's all I can do since I'm confined to the house. Had pneumonia in my bad lung. And now with the temps down below 32 and 18-24 inches of snow I'm not allowed outside for fear of catching a cold. Indy had an upper respiratory infection too. He still sleeps a lot during the day, but the vet was here the other day for his follow up. She said he just has a little wheezing in his throat.

I've been trying to catch up on Christmas presents since I was sick over Christmas. I just finished the top for GD Mila. I'm trying to decide how to quilt it. Got any ideas?

• | Post Points: 65
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 685
Points 10,365
Jeanette Kennedy Asiala replied on Thu, Jan 30 2014 7:39 PM | Locked

Pat, hope you catch your flight tomorrow.  I flew out to Tucson, AZ and thank goodness the weather held up.  having said that I had to leave my house at 4:30 am and the temp outside was a -8 degrees.  anyway have a great time and Happy Birthday to your Mother.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, Jan 30 2014 8:04 PM | Locked

Linda:
Can you believe it? I actually got onto QCA!!! First time since Christmas.

Good to see you back, Linda!  Cute monkey quilt!  Thanks again for the title of that church banner book.  I'll post a picture when we get the wall quilt done.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,448
Points 176,343
Marie replied on Thu, Jan 30 2014 8:08 PM | Locked

Carol, ditto what Leslie said, amazing!

Millbury, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,568
Points 30,579
Kelley replied on Thu, Jan 30 2014 8:11 PM | Locked

Linda:

Wow! Can you believe it? I actually got onto QCA!!! First time since Christmas. I see all the familiar faces that  I know and love and have missed. 

Patricia Faye - I have a granddaughter Cora too. She's a cutie and a bit of a mischief maker (kinda like her grandma). Yesterday her mom posted a picture on facebook.....Cora had gotten hold of a green magic marker....use your imaginations!

Have you all been quilting the winter away? It's all I can do since I'm confined to the house. Had pneumonia in my bad lung. And now with the temps down below 32 and 18-24 inches of snow I'm not allowed outside for fear of catching a cold. Indy had an upper respiratory infection too. He still sleeps a lot during the day, but the vet was here the other day for his follow up. She said he just has a little wheezing in his throat.

I've been trying to catch up on Christmas presents since I was sick over Christmas. I just finished the top for GD Mila. I'm trying to decide how to quilt it. Got any ideas?

Awesome quilt Linda. I love what you did with the embroidery...

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,133
Points 17,480
weezee56 replied on Thu, Jan 30 2014 8:19 PM | Locked

Linda, love your quilt.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,542
Points 51,250
Ginny replied on Thu, Jan 30 2014 8:43 PM | Locked

Good to see you back, Linda.   The quilt is darling.  I am working on my GGD's Christmas Quilt.  Having some problems as the quilt is turning out too narrow and I am running out of the fabric that I used for the background, so nowI am piecing scraps together in some design and hoping it will work.   Hope you are feeling better now.    Ginny

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,137
Points 14,725
Dawn replied on Thu, Jan 30 2014 9:09 PM | Locked

Linda, wonderful quilt!  Love it!

I decided to unquilt my art quilt. Some of it, that is.  I had made what I am sure is a rookie mistake and loosened my tension to zero.  I know, I know!  In my defense, I was recovering from a cold and not thinking quite clearly yet.  So, tomorrow I plan on re-quilting.  Then maybe see if I can whip up a quilt for a great nephew due in March.  

Still waiting for some tile to get here.  They said it would ship today, yeah, right!  We are getting the cubbies all decided, the walls are now all ready for the tile, if it would just get here.  

We are due for some more snow, ice . . . stuff.  Maybe around 3-6 inches.  At least we are above zero.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 681
Points 12,950
Michelle replied on Thu, Jan 30 2014 9:26 PM | Locked

Linda, I love the quilt! Beautiful embroidery on this.  No suggestions on the quilting. I do all over free motion, I love loops, leaves and swirls. 

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,752
Points 38,885
ls2116 replied on Thu, Jan 30 2014 11:30 PM | Locked

I like your border on your quilt Linda and of coarse yhe center monkey is great!

I worked on my wall quilt a bit today, but I've been having episodes of sharp pain in my head that affects my vision have no idea what it is i wait til it subsides then i go on with my day.  Just one more thing to tell the dr.

I have a brother pq1500s and a janome 6600 is there a stitch regulator available for either ?

Quilting My Rainbow

Page 195 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 193 194 195 196 197 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use