Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 194 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 192 193 194 195 196 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Wed, Jan 29 2014 8:26 PM | Locked

I haven't seen snow rollers either, Carol, but we don't see many wide open spaces as that picture appears to be.  Maybe that's even a frozen lake - a good flat windy place for rolling snow!   

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Wed, Jan 29 2014 9:00 PM | Locked

I believe , and I am open to correction, the salt flats have stones that roll.  I have never seen snow rolls and we get some winds. Actually, we get snow pebbles rolling. Maybe they need to grow up 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Wed, Jan 29 2014 11:38 PM | Locked

Vivian :

Actually, we get snow pebbles rolling. 

I was going to say that too.  We get rolling snow balls...mostly rolling down hillsides - gathering snow as they go.  Not an avalanche, just balls of snow.  At least we have this when we have a winter with snow, which we have had very little of this year.  Your snow rollers are really cool!

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,556
Points 51,395
Ginny replied on Thu, Jan 30 2014 7:11 AM | Locked

Nancy,  Ohio has many flat open places that go on mile after mile, after mile if you are driving down I 75.  In fact it is so flat that it becomes very boring to drive thru that way.  There is also a lot of flat farmland down that way.     Ginny

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,770
Points 39,140
ls2116 replied on Thu, Jan 30 2014 10:01 AM | Locked

I haven't been driving too far right now because of snow.  I can't wait for spring to do some quilt shop hop.  The other day went to florist for an arrangement for relative who lost their DH.  Thats done back to quilting.  Anyone have tru stitch how is it working for you?  I wish I could get a tiara thats prior owned.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Thu, Jan 30 2014 10:15 AM | Locked

I finished quilting the green quilt that was on my frame (removed cat, finished loading!!) I absolutely love it. Apparently so do my friends.  I took it to our quilting day and several expressed an interst in having me quilt their quilts.   I had done three charity quilts, plus the flannel and my green one. Quite a bit of production for three weeks( for me anyway)   All in different quilting patterns. I am having the best time these days. I may even be able to afford to quilt now.  I love getting these UFO's off my mind. 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Thu, Jan 30 2014 10:18 AM | Locked

MNnancy:

Pat Lancaster:
Yes Brenda, that is just what I was looking for. It is a great little deice to help get over the fear of FMQ.

I don't believe I saw that the first time it appeared on QCA.  Very clever, CC!  Is it okay if I share that with my guild?

Of course. I'm sure Dh will be thrilled to learn that he's helping so many folks. :)

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 123
Points 1,910
stitcheraz replied on Thu, Jan 30 2014 11:15 AM | Locked

Not sure if this is what you mean.  I have Tru Stitch's regulator for my Ellisimo Gold...love it.  I found it much better than the Tru Stitch on a Tiara at my LQS.

stitcheraz

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,428
Points 416,059
gini replied on Thu, Jan 30 2014 12:15 PM | Locked

I haven't had a good connection at my daughter's,  but finally it's working .  I've had a fun two days laying with baby Elza.   The house here is getting a new roof, skylights, and solar array.  They are also redoing the bathroom in the shed so Sam and I can have a shower out there.   We have to creep in the house in the middle of the night to use the facilities.  Strange men are around all day.  It has been pouring down rain.   Amie keeps her house c'c'cool.  I'm having a great time.  We are going to the pool today, then Sam is taking us out for dinner, some new fusion restaurant, should be yummy..  I hear we got 4 inches of snow yesterday at home.  That figures, I leave and it snows, I hope it is still there when I get home tomorrow.

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Thu, Jan 30 2014 12:22 PM | Locked

Shed??  AKA gramma guest house??

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 463
Points 8,810
Jan replied on Thu, Jan 30 2014 2:38 PM | Locked

MNNancy, Sadly I also have never been to NYC and I live in the state of New York. : (

Soon though, I hope.

Jan in Rochester NY

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 463
Points 8,810
Jan replied on Thu, Jan 30 2014 2:40 PM | Locked

Yes Carol, I have seen them a couple of times in the past. Never knew what they were called.  Growing up I lived at the bottom of a fairly steep hill, about 3 city blocks wide.  We had them a time or two.

Jan IN Rochester NY

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,209
Points 16,230
Susan replied on Thu, Jan 30 2014 2:46 PM | Locked

We had a day off from school here in North Florida due to freezing rain yesterday and last night . So I have spent many hours in my sewing room last night and today. Sure wish it had been a Friday so we could have had a three day weekend. Its still only in the 40s but is suppose to be in the 60s and 70s this weekend. This is the longest and coldest Winter we have experienced in the 20 something years we have lived here. My DH has been cutting trees down on our property so we can let it season for next year, as we have had the fireplace going a lot, and the wood is getting low. It was so wet and cold yesterday it reminded me of when we were living in Maine, way back when. Last night at our church supper we had cocoa instead of iced tea.  Back to my sewing room.    Susan

• | Post Points: 50
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 907
Points 16,795
Patricia Faye replied on Thu, Jan 30 2014 3:14 PM | Locked

duplicate post

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 907
Points 16,795
Patricia Faye replied on Thu, Jan 30 2014 3:14 PM | Locked

Had a nice direct flight from San Antonio to Baltimore with no delays or bumps along the way.  So EXCITED to be here.  Went with my DD & DSIL to pick up my adorable granddaughter, Cora at Day Care yesterday & she even remembered me from my last visit in May!  She's only 2 so that made me feel soooooo good.  Of course I had several gifts for her & she loved the little book I brought her the best.  I must have read it to her at least 10 times last night.  

We went out for a nice dinner & I got the crab cakes they know I love.  Went with my DSIL to drop off Cora at Day Care so I can learn the way since dropping her off & picking her up will be my responsibility while I'm here.  I' d like to keep her home with me but they don't want to disrupt her routine so I guess I have to go along with their request.  My DSIL will be traveling Sunday - Wednesday so I may just take her late & pick her up early since my DD will be at work & I'll be all alone anyway.  Then the following week they are leaving for Las Vegas for a long weekend (Thursday - Sunday) so I may just keep her at home with me!  Unfortunately they have snow & it is really too cold to be outside for long but Cora & Grandma may just have to go to the mall shopping while they are away too.  

I did bring lots of the appliquéd Dear Jane blocks to do the sewing on so will do a few this evening when everyone is in bed.  They get to bed early & I have the TV downstairs all to myself except for one of the 5 cats who like to come down & snuggle with me.  So I have lots of quiet time to myself during the day and late evenings.  

Page 194 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 192 193 194 195 196 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use