Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 193 of 220 (3292 items) « First ... < Previous 191 192 193 194 195 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,291 Replies | 65 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Tue, Jan 28 2014 9:15 AM

I know Patti. The day I lost the screw to my sewing machine was the day I started to feel better. I cleaned up so much of my sewing room to find it, it grew 10 feet in each direction. And finishing those charity quilts, well, opened up some great indoor spaces!!  I don't even think of the basement, or bathrooms.  

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 615
Points 11,735
Michelle replied on Tue, Jan 28 2014 9:29 AM

Vivian,  Saw that you spent a while loading your quilt on the frame.  I love those new Red Snappers for loading on my long arm.  I saw someone using them at a quilt shop and she was raving on them. I can load my quilts in about 5-10 mins now.  They were stiff when i first ordered them and a bit hard to push on, but now they have loosened up and much easier on my hands. Just a thought. 

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Tue, Jan 28 2014 9:44 AM

I use them to, but the charity quilts are not square, and they trim the backing a little bit to much and they tend to stretch in the sashings so they take a bit to load so my quilting goes well and I turn out a quilt I like. My quilts, 10 minutes tops to,load. 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,093
Points 14,135
Dawn replied on Tue, Jan 28 2014 1:50 PM

Tried to machine quilt my first art quilt, it is also my first attempt to machine quilt too.  Boy, it wasn't easy!  My left hand is killing.  It is weak as I broke it about 20 years ago and it never did heal right.  But I had fun and am so glad I will be keeping this quilt, cause I shouldn't give it to anyone . . .  yikes!  I know I should have practiced more, but I just like to dive right in!  I found a place where I forgot to quilt, so will get that done, then wash it so the marks come off.  Then to finish the thing!  Been working on it for  about a year and a half.  

Other than that, trying to stay warm, -6 right now, without the windchill.  Our tile for our shower was delivered, will be going out and helping DH move that down our drive.  It came on a semi and there was no way he could put it down in our garage.  I see a very warm shower in my future.  BRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.   

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,090
Karla replied on Tue, Jan 28 2014 2:13 PM

I've been quilting a UFO on the frame and I'm doing a lousy job at it.  I guess it is going to be a charity quilt or maybe a quilt to keep in the car.

I'm trying to find Candis' address again, since I can't get into my home page where I left it on the Friends site, so I can't get to that site.  If anyone has it and they're on FB, can you send it to me via PM there.

Thanks,

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,090
Karla replied on Tue, Jan 28 2014 2:13 PM

I've been quilting a UFO on the frame and I'm doing a lousy job at it.  I guess it is going to be a charity quilt or maybe a quilt to keep in the car.

I'm trying to find Candis' address again, since I can't get into my home page where I left it on the Friends site, so I can't get to that site.  If anyone has it and they're on FB, can you send it to me via PM there.

Thanks,

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Tue, Jan 28 2014 4:43 PM

Pat Lancaster:
Yes Brenda, that is just what I was looking for. It is a great little deice to help get over the fear of FMQ.

I don't believe I saw that the first time it appeared on QCA.  Very clever, CC!  Is it okay if I share that with my guild?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,220
Points 41,005
Donna B replied on Wed, Jan 29 2014 10:04 AM

Happy Tuesday everyone!  It's a good day here in North Central Washington because we FINALLY have some new snow ...Yah Hoo...2-3 inches in my area!  This is an event to be excited about as we have had a very dry winter so far.  Here in the west that results in wildfires and wells going dry. We don't want that for next summer.

I'm off to a cross-country ski class this morning and then hope to work on my Celtic Solstice mystery quilt (Bonnie Hunter) this afternoon.

Winthrop, WA

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 648
Points 10,555
Candis replied on Wed, Jan 29 2014 10:51 AM

Karla:

Thanks,

Karla sent you a message on Facebook with my address.  

MODESTO, CA.
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 256
Points 4,675
Lesley replied on Wed, Jan 29 2014 11:02 AM

DonnaB, It's Wednesday here in UK . I know I have jet lag but I thought I had gone back in time!! LOL.

I came home from New York yesterday went with 3 friends last Friday, we had a ball. Empire State, 9/11 Memorial, Natural History Museum, Circle Line boat. As well as a little ( but intense) shopping, eating, laughing etc etc.I even managed a visit to City Quilters and bought a few bits. I am the only quilter so didn't want to make the others feel uncomfortable and feel they had to follow me round they went to find a coffee shop so I relaxed a bit but was conscious that I needed my visit to be brief. Still I found some nice fat quarters including the 100 year anniversary fabric of Grand Central station. More fabric for all these projects that spin round my brain in the middle of the night!

Cold here but no snow. There was snow in Central Park which made it magical.

xx

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Wed, Jan 29 2014 11:15 AM

Lesley:
I came home from New York yesterday went with 3 friends last Friday, we had a ball.

What fun, Leslie!  I have never been to NYC, and I live in the US!  I admire your sense of adventure!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 513
Points 10,435

We have snow rollers in the area. I never saw or heard of these things before this week. They are formed when the snow and wind are just right. Anyone else ever see these?

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 513
Points 10,435

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 438
Points 8,370
Jan replied on Wed, Jan 29 2014 1:50 PM

Not sure what part of the country you are from Is. I am in central NY. I have never in my 55 years of living here, heard of anyone getting a flat tire from driving over ice.  That does not mean it couldn't happen, just that it is not common.  As for ice on the gutters it is more of a judgement call.  The small icicles that you can just brush away with your hand, don't worry too much.  As the ice gets thicker, be careful, and aware that iced gutters can be very dangerous.  We have replaced more than a couple of windows from gusts picking up and dropping one through it.  We do our best to keep them from forming and keep away from them when melting.  Hope this helps.

Jan

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,942
Leslie replied on Wed, Jan 29 2014 4:59 PM

Carol, that is crazy cool, never heard of such a thing. thanks for the pic

[Ava, Missouri

Page 193 of 220 (3292 items) « First ... < Previous 191 192 193 194 195 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use