Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 192 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 190 191 192 193 194 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Mon, Jan 27 2014 11:03 AM | Locked

yes, I have noticed a change in the weather.  I little wind, the fog is gone.  But still not much expected in accumulation.   We have had more frost accumulate than we have had snow. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,140
Points 14,755
Dawn replied on Mon, Jan 27 2014 11:24 AM | Locked

CC, Sorry about your spine!  Praying it goes back into alignment soon!  

We were under a blizzard warning for 12 hours yesterday.  Guess it was nasty out there last night.  The wind was awful and so very glad I didn't have to be out in it.  There were cars in the ditch all over.  I made it to work and back this morning.  Driveway is crazy and it took a bit to get out.  Going to warm up some left-overs for lunch and maybe take a nap.  This cold is making me so tired.  I want to quilt, sew or something, but don't want to mess up anything due to being sick.  :-/  

We are at -4 right now, without windchill.  Tomorrow more of the same.  Thankful I don't have to be anywhere.  We are waiting on delivery of some tile so we can do more work on the shower.  With this weather, don't know when they will be able to get it to us.  Oh well, DH has plenty of other projects to do.  

Everyone stay safe and warm!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Mon, Jan 27 2014 11:28 AM | Locked

Patti:

yes, I have noticed a change in the weather.  I little wind, the fog is gone. 

The fogs gone???  Not here yet...no sun in sight!  

Patti:
We have had more frost accumulate than we have had snow. 

Your right about the hoar frost!  We've had some beautiful mornings with the frost and it has added some "texture" to the ski trails.   BTW, they are grooming a ski loop on Patterson Lake and it has been wonderful.  There was enough snow on top of the ice to set tracks and it has stayed cold so the snow has not gone through the melt/freeze cycle.  And it is FLAT skiing...no hills!

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Mon, Jan 27 2014 4:09 PM | Locked

I was thinking about taking up x country this year but decided not to. With the thaw and freeze cycles we have been having the trails haven't been in top form. 

Sorry you are on the injured list, CC. Hope you're better soon. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,517
Points 47,270
Pat Lancaster replied on Mon, Jan 27 2014 4:25 PM | Locked

CC, if you are out there and able to post, would you mind reposting your husband's directions for making the great tool to help practice free motion quilting? There are a lot of newbies who could use it. I can't find it on QCA and thought it would just be easier to repost. I still have mine, but I don't think I have the directions to make it.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,350
Points 28,505
Marsha-SM replied on Mon, Jan 27 2014 5:46 PM | Locked

chocake2:

Good morning everybody! My gosh, this is the first time i've been able to get on here in DAYS! So nice to see you're all still kicking.

I did a Hanna Barbara Banana Peal routine yesterday and managed to undo my spine, so it's gonna be a few days before I move  around much. Sure will feel good when it stops hurting. In the meantime I guess I'll pull out my GFG and work on it.

I have had no idea whether I could get on QCA or not.  I have been having computer problems and have had no internet or cordless mouse for about a week since we had to buy new cell phones.  Our internet is also a cell phone-type plug-in modem.  I worked several hours over the phone trying to trouble-shoot the internet with Verizon's tech and and also bought a new mouse.  Nothing we tried worked to get internet up and running.  Soon I was unable to even boot up the computer - would freeze up as soon as I turned it on.  Finally I was able to fiddle around, turning computer on and off several times 2 different days and was finally able to get into diagnostics mode.  I spent nearly 3 hours each day going through the diagnostics process, with everything saying "passed".  To even get this far I had to look at a black screen for nearly a half hour the first time before anything appeared on the screen.  I gave up the first day.  Yesterday I tried it again, another 3 hours, then tried to boot again when it said to try.  It was slow, but I actually got on to my desktop!!!  My touch pad mouse worked!  but other one didn't.  

Touch-pad mice seem to have minds of their own and move the mouse pointer while I am typing and starts rearranging what I have typed, deleting some and nearly giving me a nervous breakdown!.  I then turned the computer off again.  Later last night when I restarted, Windows came up normally, the internet was operational, and when I plugged in the mouse, IT WORKED.  Don't know how long things will work, but I guess it is time for a new computer.  

We all survived the party we had for Rich's mother's 100th birthday Saturday!  It was such a stormy day that we had only about 70 people of the 120 plus that were expected (mostly family!).  I had about 10 pounds of sliced beef and 3 dozen or more rolls left.  She loves roast beef any way it is served so beef on weck was the best and easiest way to go.  Her grandchildren supplied the extra dishes to go with the beef.  We had enough food for 200 people.  This family likes to cook and eat!!  Her birthday is really tomorrow.  She is so amazing for 100 - looks much younger, more like 70.  We are older than that!!  I wish her mind was better - she can't remember for more than seconds and is now having trouble remembering some of her great and great-great grandchildren and who they belong to.  Also she doesn't remember people she has known for at least half her life.  That really bothers her, but she handled the party much better than we thought she would.  

Sorry this is so long, but I have been offline so long!  Keep warm everyone.  It is heading below zero with warnings for windchills in the -35 or lower range.  I don't think many schools will be open tomorrow.  Today we had to drive through blizzard conditions and dropping temps while hauling cattle.  Got a little "hairy " at times.

CC, take care of that back!!!

Marsha - Western New York

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,556
Points 51,395
Ginny replied on Mon, Jan 27 2014 6:12 PM | Locked

Marsha, It is good to hear from you.  I had been wondering what you might be up to since it has been quite a while since we heard from you.  Now we know.  Sounds like the party was a success in any case.  Your weather sounds the same as ours is here, same temp predictions too.  I just got back from physical therapy and the thermometer said "1"  That was at 6:30p.m.  Our schools are closed for tomorrow already.    Glad to hear from you.    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Mon, Jan 27 2014 8:17 PM | Locked

Pat Lancaster:

CC, if you are out there and able to post, would you mind reposting your husband's directions for making the great tool to help practice free motion quilting? There are a lot of newbies who could use it. I can't find it on QCA and thought it would just be easier to repost. I still have mine, but I don't think I have the directions to make it.

I don't have that file anymore, Pat, but it's still available in Fear no More FMQ's group in the pages. 

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Mon, Jan 27 2014 8:33 PM | Locked

I cried uncle this morning and went to the chiropractor. It cost a small fortune to get in the door as a new patient, but they got me right in and he had me walking again in 4 quick moves.  One look and he said "Oh my. You did put that out, didn't you!" ,,. like I'd have been there if I hadn't! Geez. When he finished he  thanked me for being so 'easy'... a comment I'm not sure I appreciate.  My husband might beg to differ!!   :D  

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 158
Points 2,720
Brenda replied on Mon, Jan 27 2014 9:13 PM | Locked

Is the link you were talking about??

http://www.quiltersclubofamerica.com/groups/fear-no-more_fmqers/pages/practice-fmq-with-chocake2-s-fmq-simulator.aspx

Quilt, have fun, spend less time worrying if it is perfect.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,517
Points 47,270
Pat Lancaster replied on Tue, Jan 28 2014 5:56 AM | Locked

Yes Brenda, that is just what I was looking for. It is a great little deice to help get over the fear of FMQ. It would be nice if it could be put somewhere that is easily found. Of course, you do need to be able to log in. My first attempts to replay to you didn't work.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,770
Points 39,155
ls2116 replied on Tue, Jan 28 2014 8:57 AM | Locked

I've also been freezing,  if i can get my down from close it'll come in handy tonight.  I'm beginning applique on wall quilt and hoping i have enough thread.  Just wondering has anyone ever gotten a flat tire from ice.  Also if you have ice hanging from gutters knock them off I've heard of them falling and cutting people on thier head.  Just can't shake the cobwebs this morn.  I'm going to look for that post on fmq sounds like something i could use.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Tue, Jan 28 2014 9:03 AM | Locked

I have spent so much time quilting while my husband has been gone I am beginning to wonder how much longer I have before I have to run a cloth and the vacuum over stuff.  Of course I could call in a cleaner, to clean about an hour before he gets home.  I really hate housework. I like the tidy up/put away part, the rest of it, not so much.  

I have another charity quilt on the frame, just a small one. It will take about an hour to quilt, it took longer to load it!!  I ripped the binding off the quilt I am sending to my MIL.  Didn't like it at all and I am sewing another one on this morning. I found fabric for the backing on a UFO. So my day is full already. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Tue, Jan 28 2014 9:05 AM | Locked

i love days like that Vivian.  The only thing I enjoy cleaning is my sewing room. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Tue, Jan 28 2014 9:08 AM | Locked

Brenda Jarrett:
http://www.quiltersclubofamerica.com/groups/fear-no-more_fmqers/pages/practice-fmq-with-chocake2-s-fmq-simulator.aspx

somehow I missed this before.  That's pretty clever.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Page 192 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 190 191 192 193 194 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use