Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 186 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 184 185 186 187 188 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,676
Points 28,960
Roxana replied on Fri, Jan 17 2014 6:18 PM | Locked

Off the current subject.... though I hope people don't come to inspect my house --- I just tried to open an Off-Topic thread from fabshopnews that  F&W Media has purchased New Track Media .... which includes Quilters Club of America. My post has to be moderated to show up on the boards so I wanted to say something here too in case it was denied.

For more info, check this link.... if it posts:

http://www.sacbee.com/2014/01/17/6080999/fw-media-announces-the-acquisition.html

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,582
Points 75,645
Karla replied on Fri, Jan 17 2014 6:32 PM | Locked

Roxana, are you in Sacramento?  You just quoted my hometown (at least I consider it my hometown as I lived there for 50 years) newspaper.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,676
Points 28,960
Roxana replied on Fri, Jan 17 2014 6:38 PM | Locked

No, I'm in Arkansas. I sent a link from an email I got this evening. 

The email also said the following:

The purchase also includes Keepsake Quilting, QNNtv, Quilters Club of America, McCall's Quilting, Quilters Newsletter Magazine, QuiltMaker, Fon & Porter Love of Quilting, Sew News, Original Sewing and Quilt Expo and more.

Over the past 18 months, F+W has closed three acquisitions in the craft market - Interweave, Martha Pullen Company, and Love Sewing.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,383
Points 115,335
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Fri, Jan 17 2014 7:23 PM | Locked

Roxana, am I reading that right that they closed some of the acquisitions they bought?  I get nervous palpitations thinking they might do that with QCA if they don't consider it profitable or worth the hassle. Sometimes companies buy up big blocks in order to get a couple they really want. Then discard the rest. Hope that doesn't happen here. Or, if it does, we get some warning.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 788
Points 12,685
Quiltless replied on Fri, Jan 17 2014 8:05 PM | Locked

Judy T-Bellingham:

Roxana, am I reading that right that they closed some of the acquisitions they bought?  I get nervous palpitations thinking they might do that with QCA if they don't consider it profitable or worth the hassle. Sometimes companies buy up big blocks in order to get a couple they really want. Then discard the rest. Hope that doesn't happen here. Or, if it does, we get some warning.

Judy,

Here's "the rest of the story."    http://www.fwmedia.com/press-room/fw-media-announces-acquisition-of-new-track-media  The stats are very interesting.

They closed the deals, not the businesses. 

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Fri, Jan 17 2014 9:00 PM | Locked

Ah, so now do we think their promise to move us to a new server meant we'd be moving to the new company's server?  I would guess a sale like this could easily take up to a year.

And it will probably take another year for the new company to figure out  how to fix all the computer glitches.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sat, Jan 18 2014 3:31 PM | Locked

MNnancy:

Ah, so now do we think their promise to move us to a new server meant we'd be moving to the new company's server?  I would guess a sale like this could easily take up to a year.

And it will probably take another year for the new company to figure out  how to fix all the computer glitches.

Lets hope not Nancy.  I doubt they would have been spending the time they have if it was just moving to the new company's server.  Obviously the change in Admin may cause a hick-up or two along the way, but I would bet it will be business as usual for the most part.

I came on to post a link I thought all of us "sewing machine" addicts would love.  Here is an entertaining video about the history of the sewing machine, how it works and how it has developed over the years.  I really enjoyed it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_qLCdrbU78 

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Sat, Jan 18 2014 5:10 PM | Locked

very interesting video Donna.  thanks.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,110
Points 14,290
Dawn replied on Sat, Jan 18 2014 7:42 PM | Locked

Well, we finally got the rest of the master shower tiled, the floor at least, well, most of the floor, as we had to do some patching.  It looks fantastic!  Can't wait to get the walls done and get to shower in there.  I told DH it would be nice to shower in there by my birthday, which is the end of next month.  I think that should work, as long as nothing comes up.  LOL!  

This is going into the shower.

Here is inside, all finished!

here is both the inside and the entrance.  :-)

I am feeling like I am in a haze . .. think I am fighting something.  Well, at least tomorrow is a day of rest!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Sat, Jan 18 2014 8:14 PM | Locked

Dawn, is that a snowman face in the center?  Cute!  I didn't notice that before.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,110
Points 14,290
Dawn replied on Sat, Jan 18 2014 8:25 PM | Locked

Oh!  Now that you mention it, sure looks like one, but no, it is just the sticker on the drain.  :-)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Sat, Jan 18 2014 10:25 PM | Locked

Dawn, I love the tile work.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,110
Points 14,290
Dawn replied on Sun, Jan 19 2014 7:11 AM | Locked

Thanks Patti!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,403
Points 40,040
Mimi replied on Sun, Jan 19 2014 8:18 AM | Locked

Wow, how amazing is that!  My DH was wondering if you would need a shower door or not?  We're guessing no.  Also are your plans to put small tiles on the walls as well?  Hubster asked me to forward your pictures to his work so he could share them with his colleagues at Lowes.  Your DH will be the talk of the town here in Lansdale. Tell him how impressed we are.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,809
Points 43,669
Eileen replied on Sun, Jan 19 2014 8:44 AM | Locked

I thought it was a sailboat! LOL  The floor tile is beautiful :-)

Oops - I forgot to quote the past I was replying to. What Nancy thought was a snowman's face looked like a sailboat to me.

Page 186 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 184 185 186 187 188 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use