Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 185 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 183 184 185 186 187 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,342
Points 46,405
Angele replied on Mon, Jan 13 2014 8:04 PM | Locked

Dawn, I think you really created a beautiful pattern. 

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,119
Points 14,425
Dawn replied on Mon, Jan 13 2014 8:22 PM | Locked

Thanks Angele!  I love it and can't wait to get back to it, but we have DGS3 here for a couple days so don't think much will be done till he goes back home.  He is only 1 so is into everything.  

Today I got to snuggle w/DGS3.  He didn't want to take his nap in the pack and play so I laid him down with me on the couch and he took a 45 minute nap!  Was sooooooooooooooo adorable!  I rocked him to sleep before I put him down for the night..  At least he went back to sleep.  I took my shower while he settled down, I have trouble not going back in there and rocking him more!  He is our last grandchild, so I tend to spoil him.  Get him all day tomorrow, will return him on Wednesday.  DD said she is getting a lot of cleaning and packing done, she hopes to move this spring/summer.

Well, time for a little ice cream! We get the winds tomorrow, so glad I don't have to go anywhere!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Mon, Jan 13 2014 8:47 PM | Locked

Dawn:
We get the winds tomorrow, so glad I don't have to go anywhere!

You all can keep those winds to yourselves!  It's Market Day at the quilt guild meeting tomorrow, and I don't want wind and/or snow to make either our vendors or our members uncomfortable out on the roads.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,809
Points 43,669
Eileen replied on Mon, Jan 13 2014 8:59 PM | Locked

CC, that is taking one's point to the extreme! Gonna be a while before that image leaves my head!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,119
Points 14,425
Dawn replied on Tue, Jan 14 2014 9:51 AM | Locked

If I could keep them away from u I would Nancy!!!   It sounds awful out there!  So blessed to be able to stay home!

DGS3 woke at 6:30   thankfully I was up.   He seems lost without his sisters.  I try to play with him but his attention span is very short of course.  Prayingnhebtakes a nap without me today.  Lunch will be early and so will naptime!  He is a good boy.  Found his coat and shoes and thought we should go somewhere, but when I told him no, he was not happy!  When he cries, he screws up his face and I just have to laugh, which he doesn't seem to appreciate!  :-)

Everyone have a great day!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 449
Points 8,560
Jan replied on Wed, Jan 15 2014 2:26 PM | Locked

Hey zoetc49

I also have an Aussie.  She is a blue healer, so she is short haired, but she has a LOT of ambition. Kind of short on the patience and I swear she can tell time.  She wakes me up an 10am or finds me for her breakfast.  She and the other rescue dog, a beagle, play hard in the morning.  She hits 2pm on the mark almost every day.  That is walk time.  At first she wouldn't walk without her "sister" but when she realized her sister doesn't like the short walks I take, they wait for my daughter to hike with them in the evening.  I have owned a number of dogs, but none that knows the clock and only gives me time to make a potty run, before she all but drags me out of the house.  She did not take my foot being bandaged well at all today.  She smelled it and tried to bite it off.  She wanted her walk.

I have never known anyone who has owned one before.

Jan in Rochester NY

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 449
Points 8,560
Jan replied on Wed, Jan 15 2014 3:01 PM | Locked

Patricia4,

Right hander with left elbow tendonitis. I had it a few years back.  No idea if it has to do with rulers or not.  I know that I had a cortisone shot and it worked for about 10 years.  It certainly IS one of the most significant pains I have ever felt.  I did have to stop all activity for about 10 days though.  Even if it is from the overuse of the ruler, all you have to do is let it calm back down and then you can go on with quilting abuse.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Thu, Jan 16 2014 9:45 AM | Locked

Good Morning! It's a brand new day! The sun is shining. Birds are singing.  And QCA is  up and running. 

I've spent the last couple of days trying to select batiks for a new star quilt but every time I pull out a bin of fabric, Sprout goes into over-drive. He climbs right into the bin and starts rummaging through it, screeching his delight when he finds a pretty he especially likes, and then takes off running through the house with it, only to return and repeat the whole process a few moments later. My stash is scattered far and wide.  I suppose I should be happy that he loves my fabrics, and he won't hurt them with his antics, but I confess, that I am getting mighty tired of having to track down his treasures, refold and restore them to their place in my stash, only to have to do it all over again the second I turn my back.  And so far everything I've found for the above mentioned star has gone missing before I could compare it to the other selections I've made.  If I ever do get my fabrics together, cutting them will be difficult.  He's decided that the rotary cutter looks interesting. I've had to hide it so many times that now I'm not sure where I put it! 

On a different note, we've started potty training this week. He's already had two successes so we're off to a good start. i know better then to think it's gonna go so smoothly for the duration, but I am enjoying these little triumphs when they happen.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,664
Points 37,515
ls2116 replied on Thu, Jan 16 2014 10:30 AM | Locked

I'm having quiet do nothing but relax day today after two days shoving furniture this way and that to the point that DH accepted the floorplan.  DH had car troubles yesterday and his car is in the shop today. I'm gonna be making chili for dinner .  I found a pattern and trying to figure part of it out I don't know if it was made with a kite shape but I know there has to be a technical name for it.  It reminds me of spirograph that i used as a child.  I'll post a question.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,664
Points 37,515
ls2116 replied on Fri, Jan 17 2014 5:49 AM | Locked

regular busy day for me, but snow was not in my plans.  If I get lucky I'll be able to sew tonight.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Fri, Jan 17 2014 10:09 AM | Locked

We were contacted by a lovely couple we met in Mexico this December.  And wouldn't you know they actually kept up the contact. I didn't have my phone or a pen for that matter so I left the contact up to them. So they are coming for the weekend.  How often does that happen?  

The unfortunate part is I was going to use this weekend to quilt a couple of quilts so I would have something to do after my surgery. I might still get one done. We'll see. 

And I have to clean my house. I loaded a quilt last night a dragged thread, batting bits and snips of fabric all over!! 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Fri, Jan 17 2014 11:34 AM | Locked

Don't fuss Vivian. They're coming to see you, not inspect your house. 

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 962
Points 19,541
Snowbird Quilter replied on Fri, Jan 17 2014 12:41 PM | Locked

I just looked at this month's poll.  REALLY?!  So I've looked back at the quilts I've made over the years for a clue.  There isn't one color I lean to, but a colorway usually picked by the person the quilt was made for or scraps.

Guess I'm not participating in that poll.  I do love pastels tho.

And last months poll wouldn't let me choose an age group, but said I voted for the 4 year old age group.  I'm not even sure I even knew what a quilt was at that age!  QCA has gotten to be a laugh a minute.

A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Fri, Jan 17 2014 2:08 PM | Locked

Patty, I had the same problem last week...I didn't get to vote because it said I voted for the 20 year old age group...I didn't start quilting until after I retired, LOL.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Fri, Jan 17 2014 3:10 PM | Locked

Deep in my heart I know people don't come to inspect my house. Well, except for a few family members but they really don't count. I still like to get the dust bunnies put to bed and out from under the bed and the thread snippets vacuumed up. Also, I was drinking coffee in my favourite spot while looking at a quilt site and put my full cup down on thin air. Not for long though,  my goodness it sure can spread.  So I had to move the sofa, coffee table and recliner to clean it up and if I'm going to do that I may as well scrub the laminate and carry on through the house. It looks so good. Yea me!!

Page 185 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 183 184 185 186 187 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use