Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 183 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 181 182 183 184 185 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,479
Points 41,345
Mimi replied on Sat, Jan 11 2014 5:27 PM | Locked

Mary, You're one of the most giving loving people I know.  You have successfully run two retreats and gone to the one in VA beach. You've arranged for knitting demos and shop hops.   You'd turn yourself inside out for anyone in need.  Life gets in the way every day for each one of us.  Keep looking up my friend.  The blue sky is there somewhere along with all those silver linings.  

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,154
Points 14,985
Dawn replied on Sat, Jan 11 2014 5:42 PM | Locked

Mary, from what others here say about you, you are one terrific lady!  Hang onto your friends words!!!!

I didn't get the bedroom swiffered till about 10 minutes ago.  :-)  Never did pick up the living room.  I don't mind clutter, but after awhile I HAVE to tidy!  :-)  I figure if you can walk around, it is fine!  I don't worry about it too much.  

DH has almost gotten the inside of the master shower almost all tiled!  Then I will start in and do the easy part!  He is so good and talented.  I come up w/the odd designs and he puts them into action, or tile, this time.  Will post pics later.  I am just so excited to get this done!  Might have to have an open house this summer to celebrate!  :-D

Tomorrow it is to be 40 degrees!  Think I might wear a dress to church, don't know when I might be able to do that again!  

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sat, Jan 11 2014 6:43 PM | Locked

Mary Hayden:
Guess hubby is right
How so Mary?

I can't fathom how YOU of all people could feel incompetent. You're one of the most talented quilters here.  

As for feeling bad about yourself, ...well, we all do that now and again. the trick there is to not dwell on it. Try not to focus IN and instead focus OUT - meaning do what you can  for others and you'll forget to beat yourself up. 

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,933
Points 33,660
Roxana replied on Sat, Jan 11 2014 7:13 PM | Locked

Mary, I don't know you personally but I hope to. I've heard so many wonderful things about you! .... We can all get down but only we can get ourselves back up. ... One Web site that I have found particularly helpful to me as I grow through the stage of my life is listed below. Check it out. It helps me.

http://www.marcandangel.com

And as has been said, focus OUT!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Sat, Jan 11 2014 9:20 PM | Locked

Mary, 

i am sorry for your depression.. We met at your retreat. Maddie came with me. It was a special time. Because. I struggle i could feel you struggling. We sat on couch and had a nice conversation, but i did not feel you were letting me in.

i have injuriedmy leg and will never walk without. Sucks.. There was onetreatment but i failed the 8 hr test involving memory.  I do not have alzheimers which is good. But tht means for this exact time. I have much trouble with forgetting what i am saying, forget what i am trying to do etc. 

i still, have your. email and i will dropmyou a note and if you'd like to chat now and then you can write back. I am very good at listening to venting and i do get it . Up to you..Bless you 

Nan

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 208
Points 3,875
Patricia4 replied on Sat, Jan 11 2014 9:45 PM | Locked

Mary, I am new here and I don't know you, but it is sure obvious that a lot of people here really care about you.  My heart goes out to you, and I hope you will find your inner strength, as well as some outer strength from all of your friends here, and pull yourself through one day at a time.  Sometimes, all we can do is focus on the next breath at a time -- just breathe in, and breathe out, and one step at a time, it will be tomorrow. 

And now I have a question on a different subject.  Have any of you gals ever suffered from tendinitis in your elbow - your left elbow, if you are right-handed -- I have been struck with this excruciatingly painful condition recently, and I am worried that it may have been caused from putting pressure on the ruler with left hand / arm while rotary cutting.  Any input out there?

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Sat, Jan 11 2014 9:58 PM | Locked

Not in my elbow but in my thumbs. Could be from a lot of things though. Right now I have the flu and have spent the day in my rocking chair in my bedroom. Second floor with a great view. I have the binding to do (almost done) books to read and the bed is right there for my naps.  I may be sick for a week. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,499
Points 48,285
Angele replied on Sat, Jan 11 2014 10:50 PM | Locked

I do have to wear a neoprene elbow support when I overdo it or if I plan to paint, which is such a repetitive movement. My pain is in my right elbow. This support really helps. It is designed for elbow tendinitis.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,154
Points 14,985
Dawn replied on Sun, Jan 12 2014 7:22 AM | Locked

Patricia4, I had a terrible pain in my left elbow, being right handed.  Went to the dr. and they sent me to a physical therapist and they said I had a slight tear in my rotater cuff.  It was an old one, so no surgery needed.  :-)  So they worked on strengthening my arm and shoulder.  Feel tons better!  They also said to stop trying to carry ALL the groceries into the house in one trip!  ;-)  Praying you feel better soon!!!

Going to church this morning, then to IHOP w/DD and DSIL and DGKs.  Then home for our Sunday afternoon nap!  Out later for Mexican w/some friends.  Quite a busy day!  I will attach a pic of the shower floor that DH worked on Friday and yesterday.  I like it!!! 

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,645
Points 52,535
Ginny replied on Sun, Jan 12 2014 7:49 AM | Locked

Yes, Dawn, You have come up with a unique design to your shower floor.   It is beautiful so far, and I don't see how it couldn't be when you are all done.   Congrats on the design.   Ginny

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,479
Points 41,345
Mimi replied on Sun, Jan 12 2014 8:04 AM | Locked

Dawn this is absolutely amazing.  I showed the photo to my DH. He was really impressed.  He was wondering if your hubster was a plumber.  He said the plumbers he talks to at work (Lowes) have sleepless nights when they have to tile a shower floor like that and charge extra to do something like this.  He certainly is a wonderful DH and has fantastic skills.  

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sun, Jan 12 2014 9:46 AM | Locked

Vivian, feel better soon. 

Dawn, your shower is gonna be a real show-piece. 

Patricia4, I've had trouble with tendentious in my right wrist. It's misery.  Don't waste time getting it taken care of and give yourself plenty of time to heal. Physical therapy and a good support brace will help. 

So far today, Sprout has dumped a package of beads down the cellar stairs, grabbed a carving knife off the counter and taken off at a run (How he even reached is is a mystery!), stolen m y toast and fed it tot the dog; pooped his pants; colored on the table; and beaten his brothers  to wake them up. He's been up 15 min.  ... It's gonna be an interesting day. 

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,694
Points 179,533
Marie replied on Sun, Jan 12 2014 9:51 AM | Locked

chocake2:
He's been up 15 min.  ... It's gonna be an interesting day. 

CC, send him my way, he can help me pack.  

Millbury, MA

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 505
Points 10,210
tnmtgrl replied on Sun, Jan 12 2014 10:17 AM | Locked

Anyone out there have any suggestions on books about FMQ for the beginner? I just got my new machine and am going to make a try at FMQ, I have always hand quilted but decided it was time to move on to a new challenge so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

• | Post Points: 50
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 690
Points 11,855
zoetc49 replied on Sun, Jan 12 2014 11:01 AM | Locked

I think quilting has taken over my home now. Last night I went through and cleaned out two drawers, packed two 16x16 boxes of VHS movies to pass on, and packed up a ton of thins to give to the local non profit resale store. Then I cleaned up my sewing closet and then took everything out of my cabinet that has sat by my sewing machine- which i love it there, but when I bought the new table it now is much too crowed. I managed to put al of my quilt books and patterns in the drawer where the VHS movies came out, the other empty drawer now has most of my unfinished projects ( I did not have the room for all of them..note to self, must get these done). Now I can either offer the cabinet or move it to another room. I decided that I could put the basic items I use by the sewing machine in a tote to bring in there when I sew.

Mary, I hope you will take up walking - even if it's just a mile each day. Walking for me helps me relax, think, and just makes me feel better. I hit a quilt store yesterday, and I really was wanting to walk- but the sale was too good to not go to. Make time for you. I have two Border Collie/Aussie mix dogs for a reason- they are extremely happy dogs and they pull me out of any down days I might have.   

Page 183 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 181 182 183 184 185 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use