Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 182 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 180 181 182 183 184 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Fri, Jan 10 2014 3:29 PM | Locked

Jacy:

Our multi-talented friend doesn't  know how to knit.........I can't hardly believe you don't know how to do everything!

By the way, I bet they have U-tube videos to learn that. Want me to send you some needles and yarn..

There's a lot i don't know how to do Jacy.  

I actually have my mom's old needles. And She did show me how to knit when I was very young, so I could probably do it with a refresher but that's not something I'm interested in. Thanks anyway. ;-)

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Jan 10 2014 9:35 PM | Locked

Dawn:
Then I need to clean the bathrooms, swiffer floors and pick up the living room.

I need to do each of those things, too, but I'm not finding the motivation.  A gal friend (who is a meticulous housekeeper!) unexpectedly stopped over today, so I kept her outside on the front step while we chatted.  

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 685
Points 10,365
Jeanette Kennedy Asiala replied on Fri, Jan 10 2014 10:20 PM | Locked

Nancy,  I was brought up if you come over you take me and the house the way we are. When I was growing up we did not need to call to stop by anyones home.   If you in the area you were expected to stop by for a cup of tea.  Your door was always open.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,740
Points 30,210
Roxana replied on Fri, Jan 10 2014 10:29 PM | Locked

MNnancy:

Dawn:
Then I need to clean the bathrooms, swiffer floors and pick up the living room.

I need to do each of those things, too, but I'm not finding the motivation.  A gal friend (who is a meticulous housekeeper!) unexpectedly stopped over today, so I kept her outside on the front step while we chatted.  

Yep, I understand completely, Nancy. You are welcome in my house anytime, just as it is, but ask my older sister (the meticulous housekeeper one) to stop by and she'll say no. I love my clutter.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 890
Points 16,540
Patricia Faye replied on Sat, Jan 11 2014 12:56 AM | Locked

These are the Busy Bags I made using a tutorial from Infarrantly Creative that I found on Facebook. The inside of the bag has 6 (1 quart) Zip lock bags to fill with toys, crayons, candy, make up, etc for my DD & DGD.   I modified the pattern & made a larger one for me using the gallon bags so I can put my appliqué projects in them to work on.  It was a very easy to follow tutorial. 

This evening I also finished 2 crochet hats for my DGD.  She just turned 2 and loves hats.   I found some really sweet patterns on RepeatCrafterMe.com  She always has such cute hats as well as other things to make.   I haven't taken pictures of them yet.

If someone wants to drop by that's fine with me because most of the mess is my sewing room that I can close the door on so no one sees it.  I clean my kitchen sink, load the dishwasher & pick up things that are laying about before I go to bed each night (that's something my DM taught us when we were going up & has stuck with me over the years.)  I hate to get up in the morning to a sink full of dirty dishes.   Like many of you, no call is necessary to visit me.  

• | Post Points: 50
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 593
Points 10,265
zoetc49 replied on Sat, Jan 11 2014 1:46 AM | Locked

My plan is to clean my home tomorrow. My sewing room is in my living area right by my kitchen, I do try and keep things put away after I am done with a project. I had a neighbor  who is not welcome to come by anymore because she thinks that I should move everything to my back bedroom- just about insist that I follow her command, but I don't have room back there, so it is where I use it. My goal is to toss what I don't use or need and give away anything that is usable so that I can have a clean home. Somehow clutter made it's way back into my home and each winter I get tired of looking at it. I go back through it and toss out more and more.

I think what I really need to do though is take everything and put it on the front lawn and just allow others to take it, I am sure I would not miss it...lol       

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,261
Points 28,525
Agnes replied on Sat, Jan 11 2014 6:36 AM | Locked

Patricia Faye--Your bags are cute. They follow the lines of cosmetic/travel bags I made over 20 years ago before my quilting days using purchased quilted place mats and sewing in the plastic bags and adding a closure. Since then I have made them from scratch in various sizes for various uses. For me the closing clear plastic bags are the real bonus.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,261
Points 28,525
Agnes replied on Sat, Jan 11 2014 6:47 AM | Locked

I have the open door, drop by any time, policy. If you have problems with my housekeeping you were coming for the wrong reason. My philosophy, developed to keep my sanity in my working years, was that my house was kept to standards that a health inspector would not condemn. Having owned a restaurant and knowing those standards I soon learned that as long as you operated a tidy and clean to the eye establishment you had no problems. The inspectors did not use white gloves to check for dust, etc. Runners can be dustier than either bare wood or glass but the dust on the fabric doesn't show the same.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 466
Points 9,105
Pat A replied on Sat, Jan 11 2014 7:46 AM | Locked

I collected a refrigerator magnet 40 years or so which read  "An immaculate house is a sign of a misspent life."   I keep the bathrooms clean, the bed made and vacumm once a week or more if it really gets bad.  What more needs to be done when there are other more fun things to do - like quilting or visiting with friends.   I sew in my dining room and by the end of the day, ravelings, or bits of fabric are all over the house.  I have a lovely sewing room but it is in the basement and in the winter it is cold and I don't like being down there.  So the house gets messy and untidy.  It is what it is.  Visitors are always welcome.  I do prefer a call (so I can get out of my pjajamas), but it's not necessary. 

Pat A. in KY

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 654
Points 12,395
Michelle replied on Sat, Jan 11 2014 10:12 AM | Locked

Patricia Faye,  I have looked at this tutorial and love her site.  I have spent the morning going thru her website and I also got to reading about her daughter's health issues and was really interested in her use of Essential Oils.  Thanks for sharing this picture.  I might even make one of these!!

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Sat, Jan 11 2014 2:34 PM | Locked

My Aunt (who's house is always sparkly clean and spotless) has a plaque that says a Home should be clean enough to be healthy, and cluttered enough to be happy. With 6 people living in a small house, we have plenty of clutter  to keep us cheerful! ...That's my story and I'm sticking to it.  

I hate a messy kitchen but between the kids and hubby there's no winning that battle. Kids are assigned chores, and one of them is doing the dishes and cleaning up the kitchen after our evening meal. They never quite get it all done, but I've learned to accept it as it is.  

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Sat, Jan 11 2014 3:21 PM | Locked

I have so much quilting stuff all over that it's hard to keep my house clean.  Also, we have so much blowing dust that 5 minutes after you dust you can't tell that you've done it.

Today we are having dust storms....wind is blowing about 50 mph and wouldn't you know it, I have the grandsons today and they expect me to entertain them.  They want to go to the skate park but there is no way I'm sitting out there in this wind and dust.

But I'm also not getting any sewing done...it's hard to stay on track when you have two boys always wanting something or to show you something or just chasing the poor dogs around.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Sat, Jan 11 2014 3:59 PM | Locked

I once had a plaque that said something like, "come in, sit down, converse.  Never mind the mess, sometimes it's even worse."

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Sat, Jan 11 2014 5:03 PM | Locked

I think I need that one, Patti...

I once had a sign in my dining room that said:

"Come sit down and take a look,

the first complaint is tomorrow's cook."

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590
MaryLeeHayden replied on Sat, Jan 11 2014 5:16 PM | Locked

What am I up to today? Feeling incompetent and bad about myself. Guess hubby is right. 

• | Post Points: 35
Page 182 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 180 181 182 183 184 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use