Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 179 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 177 178 179 180 181 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Mon, Jan 6 2014 4:06 PM | Locked

Been a busy day for me. Kids are back to school today so  we had to get up much earlier then we have been and get back to our routine.

DS had an ortho appt in the city so after I got his  other siblings out the door I had to get him and his baby brother loaded up and head out for that. It's normally about an hour and a half to get to town, but today I gave us extra time for if-y roads. I'm glad I did - had some ice-y patches and wind - but over all it wasn't bad. We made it in plenty of time. After he had his smile adjusted we popped int o JoAnne's and he spent his Christmas money.

... ... Mom did too. I'm so Bad. But they had a couple yummy batiks for $7yd. Who could say no to that??  We even found a nice night sky print to finish up Jr's star, so maybe I can make progress on that this week... 'Sprout willing. 

Sprout hates being wadded into his car seat and that long drive is no fun at all, especially when you're stuffed in a winter coat and strapped down tight. He screamed all the way to town and all the way home. We got home in plenty of time to have a bite of lunch and take DS to school for a few hours, but i really couldn't face more yelling so rather then wrestle the little man back into the car after feeding him, I just gave DS the afternoon off. *sigh* The things a mom will do in the name of self preservation....  

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Mon, Jan 6 2014 4:06 PM | Locked

Been a busy day for me. Kids are back to school today so  we had to get up much earlier then we have been and get back to our routine.

DS had an ortho appt in the city so after I got his  other siblings out the door I had to get him and his baby brother loaded up and head out for that. It's normally about an hour and a half to get to town, but today I gave us extra time for if-y roads. I'm glad I did - had some ice-y patches and wind - but over all it wasn't bad. We made it in plenty of time. After he had his smile adjusted we popped int o JoAnne's and he spent his Christmas money.

... ... Mom did too. I'm so Bad. But they had a couple yummy batiks for $7yd. Who could say no to that??  We even found a nice night sky print to finish up Jr's star, so maybe I can make progress on that this week... 'Sprout willing. 

Sprout hates being wadded into his car seat and that long drive is no fun at all, especially when you're stuffed in a winter coat and strapped down tight. He screamed all the way to town and all the way home. We got home in plenty of time to have a bite of lunch and take DS to school for a few hours, but i really couldn't face more yelling so rather then wrestle the little man back into the car after feeding him, I just gave DS the afternoon off. *sigh* The things a mom will do in the name of self preservation....  

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Mon, Jan 6 2014 4:15 PM | Locked

I moved my longarm out further from the windows as I am working with pantos these days. I have one on the frame and two lined up waiting. It seems to go quicker so I may have a winner here for some "non-custom" quilts   I was afraid I would have to re-level the frame but it seems to slide just fine. It amazing how little it had to be moved to make it more comfy to use. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,351
Points 46,480
Angele replied on Mon, Jan 6 2014 7:42 PM | Locked

CC preserving your sanity is at a premium with young children.  

Today it was weird. The state of Minnesota had all schools closed today due to the cold and extreme wind chill. Across the border in north west Ontario, where it is just as cold, no busses were running, but we the staff had to go to school and most of the walking students were there. I had a difficult time accepting the fact that it is ok for us to be put in a dangerous situation and for kids to walk three blocks when their skin can freeze in ten min.  

I finished one of my baby quilt yesterday. Here it is.

Then i I need to figure out a pattern to use these fabrics in a quilt as requested by nephew and fiancé.

Stay warm. 

By the way, I prefer cold to freezing rain at this time of year.

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 65
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 63
Points 1,240
Sherry replied on Mon, Jan 6 2014 8:23 PM | Locked

Long stressful work day. Merging 2 dental offices into 1. Not going too well! Wish I could retire and sew. I had to take my sewing machine for maintenance and it will be gone about 2 weeks. Life is really hectic right now, but I'm trying to catch a few minutes quilting therapy whenever I can. I am cutting instead of sewing.

I truly love checking on what everyone is doing and the wonderful pictures. 

Sherry

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Mon, Jan 6 2014 8:53 PM | Locked

I was clipping right along with my panto pattern and moved the quilt wrong. Now I got the "Picken' blues!!"

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Mon, Jan 6 2014 10:23 PM | Locked

Oh, I hate when I have to do that!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,273
Points 173,308
Marie replied on Tue, Jan 7 2014 11:02 AM | Locked

CC, ditto what Eileen said!  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,273
Points 173,308
Marie replied on Tue, Jan 7 2014 11:07 AM | Locked

Margaret, sorry you and hubby are ill, pray it's better today.  Please wish hubby a happy belated birthday for me.  His cake sounds yummy!  Any leftovers, I'll send my addy.  :  )

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,273
Points 173,308
Marie replied on Tue, Jan 7 2014 11:18 AM | Locked

Beth, glad they finally found a cause and treatment for Camille.  She's one strong little girl!  Prayers still coming for her and her loved one's.  

Love the quilt and wall hanging, must've been very well received.

This weather is something else!  Our temp right now is 7 degrees and with the windchill factor, way below zero.  You and yours stay safe and warm.  I'm headed for Fl on the 14th but I'm told it was only in the 40's there yesterday.  I'd better pack my winter coat!

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,273
Points 173,308
Marie replied on Tue, Jan 7 2014 11:30 AM | Locked

Pretty baby quilt, Angele.  Love the colors for your nephew's and fiance's future quilt.  

School's have to put in so many days not to have extended summer days so they put their staff and walkers at risk, go figure???

Millbury, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,119
Points 14,425
Dawn replied on Tue, Jan 7 2014 12:09 PM | Locked

Finally got to my sewing room and started putting it back together!  Had to wash a bunch of fabric that got wet, so I spent some time ironing that too.  I love looking at my stash!  :-)  I really need to DO something w/it though!  

DD has decided on a quilt pattern for DGS3's quilt so I need to be reading those instructions and we need to go find the fabric she wants.  I will have to see if I have any in my stash she would like.

Well, feet are up and I am trying to decide what to have for lunch . ..  eh . . . need to go find my kindle and read some.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, Jan 7 2014 12:47 PM | Locked

Angele, love this baby quilt!  You did a beautiful job.  

Winthrop, WA

Not Ranked
Posts 48
Points 860
Dee-Duck replied on Tue, Jan 7 2014 12:48 PM | Locked

Hey Angele - I bet those purple fabrics you posted earlier would look neat in a split 9-patch!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Tue, Jan 7 2014 2:07 PM | Locked

Wow Angele, love the baby quilt.  Ican't wait to see how you make those purples dance. I know you'll find a way to pull them all together that does them proud.

Sprout is being the poster child for birth control today. With no siblings home to chase around, he figures Mom needs to focus all of her attention  on him.  ONLY him. No Laundry. No dishes. No sweeping or mopping or vacuuming. No making beds or picking up clutter.  ...No chatting with friends on the computer.  we've had one long running battle all morning.        He's winning with  volume alone.

:( So much for working on Jr's star today.

Page 179 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 177 178 179 180 181 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use