Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 178 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 176 177 178 179 180 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 149
Points 2,545
Beth replied on Mon, Jan 6 2014 8:57 AM | Locked

That is the view outside my sewing room :) sometimes I feel like one of the luckiest girls around...(until I see all of you on the west coast and the beautiful mountain views you have :)))

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,504
Points 50,725
Ginny replied on Mon, Jan 6 2014 9:14 AM | Locked

So good to hear that Camille is doing well and has great energy now, Beth.  Your yard looks very much like mine right now, but I live on a subdivision street that does get plowed soon. It is the bus route to the elementary school in the neighborhood.  But I think one of the road commission people live in the neighborhood, so they make certain he can get to work.  We had about 16" on the flat last night while it was still snowing, then the wind started up and now we have drifts.  I don't plan on going anywhere except to my quilt room today.    Ginny

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 449
Points 8,560
Jan replied on Mon, Jan 6 2014 9:24 AM | Locked

We had about 18 in of snow Thur and Fri and a dusting Sat.  40 yesterday, 48 at 7am when I left to take DH to work so I could have the car for an appointment and 20 with 60 MHP winds now at 10 am. Tomorrow the high is supposed to be -3 and lake effect snow all night from 4 to 24 inches depending on where it ends up blowing across the lake.  What craziness we are all having right now weather wise.  I think I agree ginny, sewing room it is.

Jan in Rochester NY

• | Post Points: 50
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 685
Points 10,365
Jeanette Kennedy Asiala replied on Mon, Jan 6 2014 9:41 AM | Locked

I am with you ladies.  I will be sewing all day again today.  We received 15 to 18 inches yesterday to add to what we already have.  My DH did go i to work today (not far to go) and just called me so I askec what the roads were like since I was thinking on going out later, if the roads were good.  He said it was freezing out there and the roads were not good and with the sever wind it was not a good idea.  Of course, I had to tell him I needec more fabric and had a coupon, so that made him laugh and said I was crazy.  I have never denied that part, but I really had no intentions of going out today.  Back to sewing.  Everyone please keep warm and safe.

Jeanette

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,538
Points 23,145
Susie replied on Mon, Jan 6 2014 9:42 AM | Locked

I can't believe I am actually able to log in and post today!  Seems like forever since I was able to get in on my time schedule. 

It's bitter cold out there today.  Not many people at work or on the roads.  Unfortunately, being that this week is the first payroll of the year, I had to come in.  Too much to do to stay home today...and no internet access at home to work from home, either.  So I am here...and it's gonna be a LOOONNNGGG day. 

On happier news...I am working on the Bonnie Hunter Celtic mystery quilt.  It's coming along.  About 1/2 way through step 4.  Then step 5 and I can start putting it together.  The reveal has happened, and it's gorgeous...just hoping that mine looks even remotely as nice.

Roxana was kind enough to open up the pillowcase exchange for me.  Head on over to swaps and check it out!  It should be fun!

Better run...need to figure out why I am missing a timecard.  Ugh...

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 190
Points 3,240
hhhdmh replied on Mon, Jan 6 2014 9:50 AM | Locked

How do I get to where the swaps are? I know I have asked this but I will wright it down this time. Thanks and God Bless. Darlene in Indiana

God Bless

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,541
Points 46,765
Debbie-do replied on Mon, Jan 6 2014 9:54 AM | Locked

Jan:

We had about 18 in of snow Thur and Fri and a dusting Sat.  40 yesterday, 48 at 7am when I left to take DH to work so I could have the car for an appointment and 20 with 60 MHP winds now at 10 am. Tomorrow the high is supposed to be -3 and lake effect snow all night from 4 to 24 inches depending on where it ends up blowing across the lake.  What craziness we are all having right now weather wise.  I think I agree ginny, sewing room it is.

Jan in Rochester NY

My ex-husband moved us all up to the Rochester area in 2005.  I was really dreading the winter.  Most of my life has been spent in New England but I moved to Texas in 2002.  Thankfully, it was a VERY easy winter that year.  The snow was so minimal we had to shovel the driveway instead of being able to use the snowblower... one time!  We moved back to Texas the following summer.  Today the temps are in the upper 20's.  No snow, just cold.  In the 10 years I've been here it's snowed once ... enough for people to write their names on the hood of their car and make mini-snowmen.

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,541
Points 46,765
Debbie-do replied on Mon, Jan 6 2014 9:55 AM | Locked

hhhdmh:

How do I get to where the swaps are? I know I have asked this but I will wright it down this time. Thanks and God Bless. Darlene in Indiana

Darlene, click on "Groups" at the top of the screen.

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 190
Points 3,240
hhhdmh replied on Mon, Jan 6 2014 10:00 AM | Locked

Thanks, found it. 

God Bless

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Mon, Jan 6 2014 10:19 AM | Locked

We got home last night from spending the new year with my DH sister and husband. We took our sleds and played in the mountains. I am not a deep snow sledder at all. Terrified the entire time.  I got stuck several times and the snow is so deep it was an exercise program just to stand up,let alone actually move.  It has been years since we've had sleds so I am trying to remember simple things.  Like disengage e brake.  DH automatically reset the e brake after unloading our sleds and I never noticed right away. I kept wondering how to turn off the boot warmer as it was getting pretty warm on my feet. Which is a nice option, like the hand warmers super,  on a cold day. Turns out I don't actually have boot warmers. This was pointed out to me after it caught fire and we has to quickly put it out. Sigh.  I was able to finish the day as we were trail riding not playing in the deep powder but it is going to cost about 3 months fabric budget to get it fixed, even with my husband installing the parts. If I had known how expensive this little "let's keep busy" was going to be I would have told himto play with someone else. 

Not Ranked
Posts 48
Points 860
Dee-Duck replied on Mon, Jan 6 2014 11:03 AM | Locked

A chilly morning here for sure (below zero) but expected to rise to one or two degrees by noon. That darned wind chill is the worse; just bites right through a person. But things could be so much worse and I am hopeful our northern USA states get a break real soon.

Today I will get to taking that Christmas tree down which I have been putting off cause I would rather be quilting. Then this afternoon-evening I will continue working on a 6-1/2 block anniversary quilt that I started some two years ago. My goal for January is working upon so many UFOs folded in drawers.

Take care and happy stitches everyone. Do stay safe and warm. We probably will go out for lunch, quick stop at drug store and then head right on back home.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,497
Points 30,470
Diana replied on Mon, Jan 6 2014 11:12 AM | Locked

Hi Gang,  I'm staying in for the day.  It's cold and temperatures going down.  We got a good dusting of white stuff.  I do laugh though,  being raised in upstate NY, this weather is just a nuisance.  People down here stocked up yesterday on groceries, bought up all the insulation at Lowe's, etc.   Wonder what they will do when it gets cold?  LOL

Diana in East TN

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Mon, Jan 6 2014 11:30 AM | Locked

We have warned up here in Northwestern Nevada...our lows are in the 20's and our highs are in the 40's or low 50's even.  I really feel for those of you in the Midwest, the coldest we've ever had since I've in Nevada is -1 at ngiht.

Today, I have so much to do that I probably won't get any of it done.  I do have the laundry going, but that's it so far.  

I have plenty of sewing to catch up on, but my 16 month old grandson tired me out so much yesterday that I went to bed at 7 pm and slept clear through to almost 7 am this morning.  My back, neck and shoulders are sore today from picking him up and steering him clear of things in my not so baby proofed house.

I think I better get going and get the vacuuming done...after his wrestling with the dogs yesterday there is dog hair all over.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Mon, Jan 6 2014 2:11 PM | Locked

Patti:
But she does have a round tummy, and getting rounder.

Any chance she's expecting kittens?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,664
Points 37,515
ls2116 replied on Mon, Jan 6 2014 2:21 PM | Locked

My Nieces dad made it back home from hospital run.  He is now on oxygen and has visiting nurse care.

I'm cooking spare turkey trying to keep house warm for tonight.  Temp right now says 17 if thats right.

I absolutely have to tell everyone on here this,  if you remember i mentioned about having a pattern and i was concerned about all the copyright stuff,  well I called the number in the pattern left my voice message of question, and I actually got called back iam so excited that the actual designer called me.  I thanked her for making the pattern of coarse and she went on to say pretty much what everyone was telling me.  She also told me it is not the same for all designers but she said i couldn't sell the completed quilt, i could donate it and that yes i can put pics of it online when the day comes that i finally can work on sewing again.  So yes i'll put a pic in my gallery but I must give her the credit for the design .  Thats what she said.

Way too much snow for me.  Had my timeout from sewing just hard to get back to the machine.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 35
Page 178 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 176 177 178 179 180 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use