Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 175 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 173 174 175 176 177 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,798
Points 67,525
Bonita replied on Wed, Jan 1 2014 6:26 PM | Locked

gini:

All I knOw, Lesley, is that my glasses will be in the last place I look

That reminds me of a letter some one wrote to Ann Landers..i know ..I know I'm old... She asked how is it that whatever she had lost was always in the last place she looked?  Ann bless her didn't actually go DUH!! but it was implied.. her answer was once you find it you stop looking. I got a kick out of this and I guess that's why I still remember that there are some dumb questions. I know because I've asked some of my own.LOL

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Wed, Jan 1 2014 9:24 PM | Locked

Just for once I want to find something in the First place I look!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140
Elaine Phillips replied on Wed, Jan 1 2014 11:04 PM | Locked

Here is what I have on my plate for 2014: LU'S, dear Jane, garden party, civil war sampler, and trying to get all my tops quilted on my Platinum 16. I'm sure there's more. I'm stressed already. Why do I do this to myself? 

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana replied on Wed, Jan 1 2014 11:48 PM | Locked

Elaine

The first thing to go on that list would be Dear Jane.   That woman was certifiably insane.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,465
Points 41,130
Mimi replied on Thu, Jan 2 2014 5:45 AM | Locked

Elaine Phillips:
Why do I do this to myself? 

Addictions are like that I guess, Elaine.  No one can get enough especially me. LOL  Good luck on your to-do list. Mine is just as long....... 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,304
Points 29,595
Agnes replied on Thu, Jan 2 2014 10:30 AM | Locked

I have fabric, I have ideas, I have several projects on the go but as long as I concentrate on only one or two at a time it is amazing how much I actually achieve. If it define it too much into number or different projects it becomes overwhelming and that puts me into inaction. Definitely wasn't planned but over the past number of days I have left the quilt currently being quilted ignored. I have drawn up a new design while spending many hours on the phone with friends and family. Good for the soul! I have looked back at 2013 and am amazed at how much I achieved. I'm taking the same approach for 2014. No list to haunt me. Just pleasure in the process. 

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,798
Points 67,525
Bonita replied on Thu, Jan 2 2014 11:45 AM | Locked

I'm trying to clean my sewing room, it's a complete mess. Can't work up the will to sew in that mess. Tired of moveing one stack from one place to another.

QCA is being a royal pain today. can't get to my home page, only lets me into the groups sometimes. I usually don't have to many problem but the last couple of days it been a problem. No more money from me in March.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 266
Points 4,965
Lesley replied on Thu, Jan 2 2014 12:14 PM | Locked

Bonita I know exactly where you are coming from. My craft room is dual purpose, sewing and crafting! I have so much paper and embellishments that I must get rid of some as I really try and do more quilting than crafting.

I have made a start but it is a case of moving things from one place to another and not getting very far!

QCA is playing games with me too. Cant get on my home page either!

Life here is one day rolling into another at the moment DH is still applying for jobs and feeling very disheartened. I am looking forward to some me time.I feel guilty if I go and do something on my own and I am almost trying too hard to make sure he is ok.  Sorry rant over!

He is doing some paving at the side of the house, a strip of grass that is of no use and if it's wet I end up walking mud into the house as I park my car beside it. It will be much better being paved. Trouble is he is a perfectionist and is never satisfied with anything he does. He is doing a great job on it, I will post a picture when he has finished,

Right need to find something for tea. No idea what though!

xxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,528
Points 177,403
Marie replied on Thu, Jan 2 2014 6:34 PM | Locked

Margaret, he's a cutie, look at those eyes!  I couldn't resist him either.  So happy for you!

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, Jan 2 2014 7:40 PM | Locked

Lesley:
DH is still applying for jobs and feeling very disheartened. I am looking forward to some me time.I feel guilty if I go and do something on my own and I am almost trying too hard to make sure he is ok.

Sorry to hear it's tough going for you and hubby right now.  I hope he finds a job soon.  Men especially seem to take loss of job hard - even when they voluntarily retire from it (speaking of my DH now).

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140
Elaine Phillips replied on Thu, Jan 2 2014 8:48 PM | Locked

Bonita, I can relate about the studio. Mine is a mess too and I've been trying to clean it for weeks. I'm in here rightbnowbstaring at piles and have no idea what to do with them.  14x20 room and no space left.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Fri, Jan 3 2014 10:47 AM | Locked

Well, whatdaya know, I got on today. QCA sure has been moodie lately. It's taken me half the mornign to catch up on posts.

Glad to see Margaret is back. Sorry your SS is being a pill, but have some faith. If you keep forcing him out, he'll eventually  decide that  being part of the family isn't such a bad thing. I'm sure he's a bit unnerved by being sent to his dad's. Rascal is a cutie.

gini, the last time I lost my glasses, I had them on top of my head...

We took down our tree yesterday. DH always likes to wait for the 12th day to do that, but Sprout had already un-decorated it, so I couldn't see leaving it up any  longer. the living room has grown and seems brighter now that the shrub isn't in front of the window.

I haven't touched my needle in days. Hopefully I'll get a little stitching in today, if  can find a quiet moment...

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Not Ranked
Posts 48
Points 860
Dee-Duck replied on Fri, Jan 3 2014 12:36 PM | Locked

Morning...er, afternoon! We are heading out to grab a bite to eat and then DH will grocery shop (lucky me) and I will head to quilt shop to spend my Christmas gift card (again lucky me). Once home I hope to gather my tidbits of fabric spread all over my sewing table and put them into a basket next to spare bed (in sewing room) where my full-size 6-1/2 inch blocks are laid out for a bed quilt. Because it is dragging me down with so many tiny blocks (and colder weather coming tomorrow minus 2 degrees!), I need to feel I am accomplishing something quicker. Therefore, as I mentioned in a previous reply, I will be using up my leftover batiks and making a couple Project Linus quilt tops.

Not Ranked
Posts 48
Points 860
Dee-Duck replied on Fri, Jan 3 2014 12:37 PM | Locked

opps- I mean minus 12 degrees but what difference does it make when the wind blows and it is that cold. LOL

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,144
Points 14,805
Dawn replied on Sat, Jan 4 2014 12:21 PM | Locked

It is supposed to get down to minus 12 for the high on Monday.  Wind chills down around 45 below.  Should be interesting.  Wish I didn't have to go to work, but . ..   Will take along plenty of blankets and wear really warm clothes.  I just pray the new vehicle starts after being out in that cold for 3 hours.  At least I know someone at work can jump it for me.  

Haven't cleaned the sewing room yet.  Really need to, but want to help DH put the tile down in the shower.  DD says I can now start on DGS3's quilt.  Just have to find a pattern we both like.  Then figure out the colors . .. .

Well, everyone stay safe and warm!!!

• | Post Points: 50
Page 175 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 173 174 175 176 177 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use