Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 174 of 221 (3302 items) « First ... < Previous 172 173 174 175 176 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,301 Replies | 66 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,384
Points 119,271
Patti replied on Wed, Jan 1 2014 6:49 AM

so good go hear from you Margaret.   What a frustrating time with your step-son.  Glad you are enjoying school.  Looking forward to seeing a picture of Rascal.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,372
Points 48,740
Ginny replied on Wed, Jan 1 2014 7:05 AM

Welcome back Margaret,  I have thought about you a lot and wondered if you were just too busy with life in Calif. to get ion QCA.  Now we know the answer.  Sorry you have been having a jolly go round with your Step-son.  I can relate, but it was with my son.  He has certainly straightened out over the years though and is now a big help to have around and a very hard worker.  I hope the same turns out to be your step-sons outcome in the future, but it is tough going thru the hard times, I know.   Glad you school is going so well.  Keep in touch.    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,372
Points 48,740
Ginny replied on Wed, Jan 1 2014 7:08 AM

Well Nancy and Gini,  I got rid of my glasses by having cataract surgeries done in December.  Now I reach for my missing glasses automatically and realize that I don't need them.   That is a shock too.    Ginny

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Wed, Jan 1 2014 7:22 AM

Ginny, I have the start of cataracts, but it will be 5-8 years before I need the surgery, I think.  

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,041
Points 169,863
Marie replied on Wed, Jan 1 2014 9:14 AM

Margaret welcome back!  Congrats on the GPA, working hard has it's rewards.  Sorry you and hubby are going through all of the problems with SS.  DH is going about it in the right way but unfortunately it wasn't the same at his mom's.  I pray all will work out well for everyone,  (((((HUGS)))))

BTW, Rascal is a positive in your lives, enjoy him.

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,344
Points 38,960
Mimi replied on Wed, Jan 1 2014 9:34 AM

Margaret,  I was so happy to see you posting again.  Really missed you.  Sorry for all the QCA problems.  I guess the site is a work in progress.  Rascal sounds like a real darling.  Love terriers.  Your DH is a wonderful man to take on a son.  If it's any comfort our son was that way for a while.  But adulthood has changed a lot.  He's out on his own and really being successful.  The future may hold positive memories yet.  Happy New Year!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 21,100

Thanks everyone.  Oh I have been busy but I love keeping up with all the happenings here.  Hopefully I will get a little quilting in since I am on break from school until the 3rd of February.  I have no doubt that SS will go on to do great things in life once he finds his motivation.  As for Rascal he keeps us entertained for sure, I feel in love with him from the moment I saw him.

Margaret

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 21,100

Thanks everyone.  Oh I have been busy but I love keeping up with all the happenings here.  Hopefully I will get a little quilting in since I am on break from school until the 3rd of February.  I have no doubt that SS will go on to do great things in life once he finds his motivation.  As for Rascal he keeps us entertained for sure, I feel in love with him from the moment I saw him.

Margaret

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,112
Points 410,989
gini replied on Wed, Jan 1 2014 10:19 AM

margaret, this site has been down a lot this past year.  we have a yahoo group, quilters quilting that we go to when we can't get on here.   we also have a live chat that we can go to at snickerdoodle dreams, when we can't access this site.  which happens several times weekly, sometimes for a day or more.  you have to get approved at snickerdoodle which takes a day

gini in north idaho

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 21,100

Thi

This is the newest addition to our family.  In the top picture he had enough of me studying and decided he needed some playtime with me.  With that look who could say no.  I am so happy we have a dog in the house again.

Margaret

• | Post Points: 95
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 6
Points 100
Julie replied on Wed, Jan 1 2014 12:39 PM

What a little cutie!!

Since our children have left the nest, we refer to our Dachsund as our youngest child.

Pets are a real comfort...Right up there with quilting :)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,119
Points 110,645

How cute Margaret, impossible to resist that face! I agree, a dog adds so much....... food, vet, chewed up items, potty spots, letting them in and out in and out in and out.....and it's all worth it. We love our two pooches as well as our kitty.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,372
Points 48,740
Ginny replied on Wed, Jan 1 2014 1:22 PM

Margaret, he is certainly a charmer.  I couldn't have resisted that face either.    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,296
Points 45,850
Angele replied on Wed, Jan 1 2014 2:11 PM

Welcome back Margaret. It is very nice to hear from you again. I'm glad you are enjoying your classes and have such a good GPA. As for your stepson, I think that you and DH are right. He need to realize he is now an adult and that he lives with the consequences of his actions. Hopefully he will either be transferred to Maryland or get an apartment.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,162
Points 15,470
Susan replied on Wed, Jan 1 2014 3:22 PM

Welcome back Margaret ! Been wondering where you were,glad to hear your doing so well in school and have a new little dog. We have two Dachshunds and cant imagine not having them. As for your DSS  I wish you luck as we are dealing with a 24 yr. old  who does work but thinks all the money is his. Im releived to hear some of the ladies here have dealt with these- hard to grow up boys - and they have turned out fine after-all.   there is light at the end of the tunnel, I hope and pray.     Keep in touch with us if you can manage it after you go back to school next month. It sounds like a lot on your plate but you are handling it well . Happy to see you back !!!               Susan

Page 174 of 221 (3302 items) « First ... < Previous 172 173 174 175 176 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use