Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 173 of 221 (3303 items) « First ... < Previous 171 172 173 174 175 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,302 Replies | 66 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,114
Points 410,999
gini replied on Tue, Dec 31 2013 1:38 PM

i don't think i need anymore excitement, thank you very much karla.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,373
Points 48,745
Ginny replied on Tue, Dec 31 2013 2:40 PM

Wow Gini, It sure is good to hear from you.  I was beginning to think that psycho unc had offed the whole family at Christmas time.  I'm sorry to hear that you have been down with the flu though.  Makes for some rough holiday time.  Hope ypu get something accomplished today since you aren't up to skiing.    Ginny

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,114
Points 410,999
gini replied on Tue, Dec 31 2013 2:49 PM

oh, I was up to skiing, I just thought I should get some things taken care of.   I can ski Friday, maybe tomorrow morning if I get out of bed early enough for the early bus.

gini in north idaho

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,098
Points 24,750
Agnes replied on Tue, Dec 31 2013 4:09 PM

Gini--Do you think your glasses decided to run off with my birth certificate? I had it in my hands late Aug when I decided it needed a better home. Haven't seen the darn thing since and I have no idea where I put it. Just hope I don't need it. As long as I have my passport i think I'll be alright. I do have a photocopy of the birth certificate as well. 

Wow--You've had quite the adventures once again.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 256
Points 4,675
Lesley replied on Tue, Dec 31 2013 4:30 PM

Gini

It seems you need to ask/pray to St Anthony the patron saint of lost things. I have it on good authority that it works ( a friend lost her passport day before she was going away no idea where it was so she asked St Anthony and low and behold the passport turned up!) Worth a try,

Hope you are feeling better soon. I have had a tummy bug for several days and have felt really rough . Feeling much better now.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,114
Points 410,999
gini replied on Tue, Dec 31 2013 7:13 PM

Agnes, if I could find my glasses, I bet I could see to find your passpost

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,114
Points 410,999
gini replied on Tue, Dec 31 2013 7:13 PM

All I knOw, Lesley, is that my glasses will be in the last place I look

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Tue, Dec 31 2013 9:56 PM

Ginny:
I was beginning to think that psycho unc had offed the whole family at Christmas time.

Goodness, our families used to worry when we QCA-ers got together for the first time that there might be an ax-murderer among us.  Turns out it's our own families we have to be worried about.

I hope 2014 begins peacefully for you, Gini.  I, too, am lost without my glasses.  I wish someone would invent something to attach to them so that when they're missing, I could just clap or something, and they would beep back at me.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Tue, Dec 31 2013 10:00 PM

Gini

It looks like you have had an interesting holiday season.  Hopefully things will calm down some now.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 21,100

Wow, so glad QCA finally recognizes me as a member again, man six months of not being able to follow all of you, even if I was too busy with school, I have missed getting my daily email updates.  The site kept telling me to log in even though I was logged on, then if I tried to post, it would tell me I needed to become a member, I was ready to throw the laptop in frustration.  when I bought my tablet I was hoping  that I could finally log into the site but no such luck.  Then last Friday, I tried and yeah, back on the site.

Merry belated Christmas and wishing Everyone a Happy New Year full of happiness, love and peace.

I have spent three days just reading this thread, so much news.  I am saddened to learn of Barbara's stroke, prayers going up to you Barbara.  What has happened to Thea,  I miss her posts.  I pray that Mary can find some resolution to her pain and depression it frightens me to think of her living out on the streets alone, wish I could do something to help.  CC and Marie oh have missed reading about all your antics and stories.

My life has been crazy, busy with school and loving it.  I have kept a 4.0 grade point average and now because of that I am a member of Phi Theta Kappa honor society for two year colleges.  This is a huge accomplishment for me as school has always been a challenge for me.  I have to put in four times the amount of work than other students but it has paid off.  Oh and it helps that I love my child development classes.  I may go on and get my masters, I can skip the bachelors degree because my BA in psychology is considered a related field. 

So much has happened in the last six months, my stepson has been living with since the 20th of July and boy has that been somewhat stressful.  When he first arrived, I told DH to voice his frustrations to me and not his son, because of the rocky relationship with his two daughters from his first marriage.  Mom taught them that daddy did not love them because he did not send money, bull crap he paid over 200,000 in child support over the years, mom who is a b**** yes I can say that she tried to tell me DH was a bad person and I should be careful.  so far from the truth.  Anyways DH's second wife was an only child raised to believe the world revolved around her, what she wanted she got.   So naturally when stepson was born, the world was to revolve around him and DH was to take a back seat to the child.  Well stepson came in March for his spring break, only had 35 minutes of his 60 required hours driving with a licensed adult.  DH was not happy, he spent the week trying to get the kid as many hours as he could, then hoped his mom would finish in Maryland before we arrived in late May for his Eagle Court of Honor for Boy Scouts. He had almost all the hours but told his dad, they were "busy".  Oh we soon found out what busy was.

So in late July his mom sends DH an email saying she thinks stepson should come and live with us for awhile.  she stated that all he has done since graduating high school is sleep all day, play video games, watch Netflix, and work a few hours here and there at Office Depot.  Well she has one thing right he has no motivation except when it comes to gaming or watching Netflix.  He never helps around the house, DH told him in late September that he was either going to have to help pay for food or help cook it if he wanted to eat meals with us.  He would be in his room waiting for us to call him to the table when dinner was ready, wow if I had ever acted like that with my parents I would have been shown the door.  His other favorite thing to do is to wait until we go to bed and raid the leftovers, which are sometimes planned other meals during the week when our schedules are crazy.  So we stopped that by putting them in the small fridge in the family room, crazy behavior I know but he has life lessons to learn and learn the hard way I guess.

DH helped him revamp his resume which impressed Best Buy enough that they temporarily opened up an online application for him to apply to the Geek Squad.  He got the job, makes more money than I do and has no respect for being on time for work.  He has been late so many times that it is amazing that he still has the job, then again in California everyone seems to be so laid back drives me crazy at times.  Back to stepson, he turned 18 in late October, no drivers license.  DH's sister and her DH came up for the weekend to celebrate his birthday and was surprised at his lack of motivation. Oh yeah and his anti social behavior, he sits in his room all day and night, comes out very little and does not say a word to his dad or myself.  He waits to come out and cook his microwave food he orders through Amazon or order from Papa John's after DH and I go to bed.  He has no money sense despite the things DH has tried to teach home.  He orders what he wants when he wants it, just like he was taught I guess.  DH has been so disappointed he was looking forward to teaching his son car maintain, home repair and other things that fathers teach their sons.

We are now going into to January, stepson who wanted to back to Maryland by the end of November, is still here, he thought he would get an automatic transfer to a Best Buy in Maryland, what a wake up call he got.  He has to watch the openings and apply just like any other person.  In November DH gave him a choice, be a family member or be a roommate and pay rent.  Stepson chose family member but his actions proved otherwise.  DH asked him to clean up the leaves in the front yard, days went by no leaf clean up.  DH finally had it one day when we came home at 3.00 and he was still asleep, he said do you want to clean up leaves or get on a plane.  So going into January it was do you want to do yard work or pay rent.  Stepson had already told his dad that he wants to get an apartment here until he can transfer to Maryland, the problem is he just looks and never follows through on his plans, which is why he still has no drivers license.  Anyways stepson chose to pay rent.  Starting Saturday he will pay DH $100 in rent a week.  we have used a lot of natural and logical consequences in our house lately. 

Our Christmas between DH and myself was great.  I have a wonderful DH who spoils me.  OH on the bright side of the last six months we now have a new dog.  It took a year after our dogs died but we now have a Terrier mix that adopted from the local shelter Labor Day weekend.  We named him Rascal and boy does the name fit.  DH wants him to hunt the nasty ground squirrels next spring and that he will.  He got one and brought it to me this fall.  I will try to post a picture later.

Margaret

• | Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Tue, Dec 31 2013 10:07 PM

Welcome back, Margaret!  Life hasn't been quiet for you, now has it?  I hope the step-son decides to move out soon so you can eliminate some drama from your life.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,942
Leslie replied on Tue, Dec 31 2013 10:12 PM

Margaret, so goo d to hear from you, yes this site has been a mess for a while.  sounds like you have had your hands full

[Ava, Missouri

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 21,100

Yes moving out would be great.  He may get motivated to move if he is still here in February since his dad will up the rent to 200.00 a week.  Well his mom did send him to us to try and motivate and fix him, hard to undue thinking the world revolves around him.  He just came home from work, a little attitude in tow so DH is talking to him now.  so much fun.  I just feel bad for DH as this is not how he thought it would be like.

Margaret

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,114
Points 410,999
gini replied on Wed, Jan 1 2014 2:35 AM

Welcome back margaret

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,402
Points 45,175

Welcome back Margaret. I was windering about you the other day, was thining about various folks I haven't seen on here for a while. Glad to hear that some things are going well - your education. Sorry to hear about the trials and tribulations of raising and "adult" child. Hope it gets resolved quickly.

Gini, was wondering where you were. Wow, you have an interesting family! Hope things settle down for the new year.

Happy New Year everyone!

Page 173 of 221 (3303 items) « First ... < Previous 171 172 173 174 175 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use