Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 171 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 169 170 171 172 173 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,517
Points 50,880
Ginny replied on Sat, Dec 28 2013 7:43 PM | Locked

HA, Ha, Ha , Marie,  I just like calling your name. It is the same as one of my Aunt's name. She used to be a favorite of mine. 

I have 3 granddaughters only.  All in their early 30's.  The oldest has 2 boys, 13 and 4, and a girl 6, and is expecting in April, the next has 3 girls, 12, 6 and 3, and the youngest has a girl, 4 and a boy soon to be 11 months old.   

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,705
Points 38,170
ls2116 replied on Sun, Dec 29 2013 1:19 AM | Locked

Today I had a call from my niece,  My DS ex is in icu and they are to talk with hospice so my hospital runs will start to be there for my nieces.  All my sewing is postponed again.  Can't sleep worrying about things.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Sun, Dec 29 2013 1:28 AM | Locked

So ...I finally got my avatar to change. Didn't plan on using the picture I did but it was an excellent wine, shared with family this Christmas and I always take a photo to remind me to buy another   Memories not being what they once were don'tchaknow.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,517
Points 50,880
Ginny replied on Sun, Dec 29 2013 1:59 AM | Locked

Sorry to hear that you need to go to hospital visits again.  Prayers for your nieces,    Ginny

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,492
Points 46,810
Pat Lancaster replied on Sun, Dec 29 2013 8:10 AM | Locked

Hi Julie, welcome to QCA. I don't know anyone to make your quilt but I would suggest you go to a local quilt shop and ask. I would think it would be better to deal with someone face to face so you would have a better idea of what they would do with your hankies.  In the meantime you could try laying then out to see if you have a preference You can lay them out in straight rows or on point, do you want a sashing or not. Depending on colors and designs on hankies you might come up with another pattern. When you lay them out take a picture of any design you like so you have a direction to go when talking to a quilter. Hope this helps.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,348
Points 174,613
Marie replied on Sun, Dec 29 2013 8:18 AM | Locked

Ginny:
I have 3 granddaughters only.  All in their early 30's.

You've got me outnumbered by 2.  Don't think I'll ever catch up unless they start coming in 2's and 3's.  My 17 year old DGD is an only child who keeps telling us not to count on her having children.  She's probably the one who'll have 2 at a time.  LOL

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,348
Points 174,613
Marie replied on Sun, Dec 29 2013 8:19 AM | Locked

Is, prayers going up for all.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,128
Points 14,575
Dawn replied on Sun, Dec 29 2013 9:06 AM | Locked

Today we are heading to IN to see our DS & his family for our Christmas w/them & our DD & her family will be coming along.  We celebrate the New Year w/them.  It was also our DGS1 10th b.day last Monday.  We will come back home on Wednesday.  I hope DH can take off the rest of the week so we can get some tile down in our master shower.  I am way tooooooo excited to get that done!  It will take awhile, as we are doing a design in mosaic tiles, 1 inch square.  My sister thinks we are nuts, but it will be really cool once we pull it off.  :-)

Well, should get dressed, head to church, then lunch, then carpooling w/DD for the drive!

Happy New Year everyone!  May it be super blessed!!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,517
Points 50,880
Ginny replied on Sun, Dec 29 2013 11:11 AM | Locked

Oh, I am so sorry about that, Marie.  It is rough putting all of the baby-making chores on 1 family only.  Maybe your GD will change her mind in the future, she is still young.    Good luck.

But then, I never expected to have this many GGC.  It is somewhat of a shock to me.   Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,568
Points 118,460
Judy Taylor-Bellingham replied on Sun, Dec 29 2013 11:18 AM | Locked

Marie:
My 17 year old DGD is an only child who keeps telling us not to count on her having children

I have just one granddaughter who says she wants to have kids someday. Her fiance is less excited about that prospect so hope they work it out before tying the knot in a couple years. And, before I'm too dang old to enjoy a great grandkid.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 689
Points 13,330
Carol from Pittsburgh replied on Sun, Dec 29 2013 11:36 AM | Locked

jmyers08:

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and have a question. I have 100's of handkerchiefs that were my husband's mothers. We would like to have them made into a quilt. Could you direct me to someone who would be interested in making a quilt for us?

I sincerely appreciate your help!

Julie Myers

Welcome to QCA, Julie!  I agree with Pat that you'd probably find someone at or through a local quilt shop to make your quilt. But maybe there would be someone on this site who lives nearby and could help out. Where do you live?

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 63
Points 1,240
Sherry replied on Sun, Dec 29 2013 12:00 PM | Locked

I have been loving everyone's projects. Quilts, pillows, camera bags, etc. So awesome and inspiring. I am finally working on a 30 week block of the week that ended 2 weeks ago. Apparently I won't be in the show and competition at the quilt shop as I'm about 14 weeks behind. Too many Gifts to finish and the Christmas season is always so busy. 

I envy all the grand kids, I have 1 and not from any of our 5 children, but from a woman who is like a daughter to us. I am only 57, so there is plenty of time, but only 2 of our kids want children. I may have to adopt some grand kids. 

I don't post often and hopefully soon I will be able to start sending squares to those loving quilts being made. Not quite confident enough with abilities and time yet. Work keeps getting in the way of doing what I'd rather do. 

I am here in Houston, TX and I don't envy those in the north. We have beautiful sunny weather in the 60's for high temps. I will envy you in August though.

Happy quilting!

sherry

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,108
Points 109,585
chocake2 replied on Sun, Dec 29 2013 2:02 PM | Locked

YAY QCA is functioning today!!!

It's kinda grey and bleak here, windy, too...but overall not too cold, so I won't complain.

I'm taking the day to futz with a quilt block and teach myself a little about applique. I'm pretty proud of myself for actually fallowing  a pattern!! (DD say's I'll never make it through the whole block before I have to change something to make it my own...)

She's off to the far side of the state today and won't be home til late tomorrow. House is gonna feel empty while she's absent... Funny how it doesn't matter if she's just staying with friends in town or going to the far reaches of the  moon, I always still fret a little. Do mommy's ever get over that?

I boiled the turkey carcass for soup yesterday- the last great hurrah of our holiday feast. The kids got pretty excited when they saw how clean the bones were after their steam bath, and asked if we could save them to re-build the skeleton. Yuck.... I was trying to find a tactful way out of it when the dog came to my rescue. DS put the bucket of bones where she could reach it, and Jenni is not one to pass up an opportunity like that.  She ate the entire skeleton! AND let me tell you..she regretted it later. In fact, we all did!!! 

I'll wish you all a very happy, healthy and prosperous 2014, since i don't know if the sight will be functional again between now and then!!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 794
Points 12,805
Quiltless replied on Sun, Dec 29 2013 3:58 PM | Locked

chocake2:

YAY QCA is functioning today!!!

Yes it is ... and it is full of troubling posts about high jinks and misdemeanors. 

Think I'll go do something else.

New Years' time is a time for reflection.  I put on my old Doo Wop videos and CDs and enjoy the memories.  Thinking about projects to sew with a Valentine theme.  That's fun!

My DS, DDIL and DGD will be here tomorrow!  YEA!  First time my granddaughter has come to visit Grandma at Grandma's house!  They live 2,946 miles away. 

I'm going to Walmart to buy some equipment for things we can do together.  She's 3 y/o in 2 weeks.  I only have one grandchild.  She's likely to be a one and only.  I'm not likely to see any great grandchildren because of the age gap, but I'm enjoying this little one.  I already have some Disney movies.  I'll need a little tiny chair or bench, some little books, some playdough, stuff to make each other Valentines ... .  Grandma's house should be fun.  Oh!  I know!   My Grandma taught me to hand embroider when I was just barely three.  I'm going to get some floss, a fat needle and a hoop.  I'll let you know if we try it.  (Her parents might not permit her to hold a needle.  They are still helicopter parents.  <sigh>)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, Dec 29 2013 5:12 PM | Locked

Kath, they make fun lacing cards for little hands.  Maybe that would be a "sewing" alternative the parents would approve of.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Page 171 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 169 170 171 172 173 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use