Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 165 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 163 164 165 166 167 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 466
Points 9,105
Pat A replied on Wed, Dec 18 2013 6:41 PM | Locked

Michelle that boots quilt is terrific.  Love it! and I'm sure your son will too.

I wrapped gifts  all day (oh my aching back) got them packed up and mailed.  One big job finished.  Just got up from a nap and now wondering what to do.  Nothing, I think.  tomorrow I have to start on house cleaning.  I have company coming in next week - son and granddaughters.  they won't be here for Christmas but are arriving on the 27th.  Have a few days to clean and get the beds  made, etc. 

Pat A. in KY

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,585
Points 75,810
Karla replied on Thu, Dec 19 2013 4:56 PM | Locked

Today I'm working on block #7 for Lone Star Sampler...I may get this quilt done one of these days.  Been busy with the boys TaeKwonDo, driving to hospital 40 miles away, and life in general.  It feels so good to get back to the sewing machine for a bit.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,344
Points 28,400
Marsha-SM replied on Thu, Dec 19 2013 4:56 PM | Locked

Mary Hayden:
I may even shave my legs...well...not sure about that one. The advantage to winter is to let the fur grow in, right? lol

RIGHT!!  This is going to be a winter we need all the warmth we can get.  Good to hear from you again!  You sound so much more optimistic about life now.  Have a wonderful holiday season and keep warm in that fur!! 

Marsha - Western New York

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,128
Points 14,575
Dawn replied on Fri, Dec 20 2013 6:16 AM | Locked

Not going outside!  We got some freezing rain last night and they say it won't warm up enough to melt.  Then tomorrow night into Sunday we are expecting 6 inches.  WoooooHooooo!!!!!!!!  We may have to spend the night at DD's so we can get to church on Sunday.  DH & DD are to play and sing for services, so NEED to be there!  DH had to spend the night at DD's as DSIL had horrible stomach pains, which turned out to be kidney stones.  DH has yet to come home . . . he does have to work today.  I better go get his lunch ready. 

Everyone have the most wonderful weekend!!!!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,507
Points 30,670
Diana replied on Fri, Dec 20 2013 7:26 AM | Locked

Today is going to be a work day.  Cleaning up my quilt room for my mini-retreat with Carolyn from Raleigh in 10 days.  I may get some sewing done too.  Need to pick up my clutter in my living room too.  I've been cutting and pressing blocks on a card table while I watch tv so living room gets a bit cluttered.  

Diana in East TN

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,517
Points 50,880
Ginny replied on Fri, Dec 20 2013 7:30 AM | Locked

Oh, I hope things work out well for all of the plans that have been made.  If your son had kidney stones-- yes he did have HORRIBLE stomach pains, probably felt like he was having a baby.  We have freezing rain here too.  I didn't know it until I walked out to go to breakfast with a friend. UH-uh, didn't go.  Now I see they closed the schools for the day.   Hope your Sunday plans work out.    Ginny

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,507
Points 30,670
Diana replied on Fri, Dec 20 2013 7:50 AM | Locked

Dawn,  Sorry to hear about DSIL' s kidney stones.DH had them a few years ago.  Had them blasted with new machine.  He was sore for a few days, but no surgery.  He's been fine since.  Have a nice holiday.

Diana in East TN

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,507
Points 30,670
Diana replied on Fri, Dec 20 2013 7:55 AM | Locked

Ok gang,  who needs some warmth?  It's going to be 70's for the weekend, here.  . That's crazy, but I will take it.  SIL showed -15 the other day on her car thermometer.  That's one reason I left upstate NY. LOL

Diana in East TN

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,128
Points 14,575
Dawn replied on Fri, Dec 20 2013 10:35 AM | Locked

Thanks everyone.  DD says it's just a little one, and she should know, she seems to get them all the time!  So, she has sympathy for him.  She had one that was way too big to pass and had to have surgery.  DH got home and has gotten to work.  They say it is still doing some freezing rain out there.  Will be interesting to travel in the next few days.  Our pastor has never closed the church on a Sunday.  He knows that we are smart enough to know if we can make it or not.  We live 20 minutes away, have always made it.  DH plays bass guitar and really needs to try make it.  We will see!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,128
Points 14,575
Dawn replied on Fri, Dec 20 2013 10:35 AM | Locked

Thanks everyone.  DD says it's just a little one, and she should know, she seems to get them all the time!  So, she has sympathy for him.  She had one that was way too big to pass and had to have surgery.  DH got home and has gotten to work.  They say it is still doing some freezing rain out there.  Will be interesting to travel in the next few days.  Our pastor has never closed the church on a Sunday.  He knows that we are smart enough to know if we can make it or not.  We live 20 minutes away, have always made it.  DH plays bass guitar and really needs to try make it.  We will see!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,585
Points 75,810
Karla replied on Fri, Dec 20 2013 11:04 AM | Locked

Been working on the Lone Star Sampler, have 7 blocks completed and 6 sewn together.  Need to do some shopping today and the boys have their belt test at TaeKwonDo this evening (well from 4 pm to 7pm), so doubt that I'll get much done on the quilt today.

I've also got to get busy on the LUS again, before I once again fall behind.  I must admit between the LUS and Lone Star, I've almost got "Y" seams mastered.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,273
Points 28,855
Agnes replied on Fri, Dec 20 2013 1:33 PM | Locked

Karla:
Been working on the Lone Star Sampler, have 7 blocks completed and 6 sewn together.

I'm really looking forward to seeing this quilt. I saved the free instructions for the wall hanging on McCall's. I have the pattern tucked into the bin with my earth tone batiks. I would like do the Lone Star and use it as the center for a medallion quilt. First though I have to piece another top for which I purchased these batiks. There is lots of fabric for two tops.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,705
Points 38,170
ls2116 replied on Fri, Dec 20 2013 3:39 PM | Locked

I'm going to start wrapping and cleaning tonight as our big party day is sun. that is if weather doesn't prevent family from coming.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Fri, Dec 20 2013 5:07 PM | Locked

Mary, don't ever shave those legs in the winter. Furry legs keep the hubs warm at night. Just so dang happy to see you clownin' again. Thanks be to God!!

We are headed out on a double date tonight. Boy, do I need thid. Been rough around here lately.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,108
Points 109,585
chocake2 replied on Fri, Dec 20 2013 7:37 PM | Locked

Michelle, I'm slow on complimenting your efforts. On look and I could swear I heard "Boot Scootin' Boogy" playing in the background. Awesome job!

Mary, why would you shave your legs? Silly woman,  that fur is in!!  And it's even PETA friendly! 

I spent the day rushing rushing rushing.... It's Christmas time! 

I got a few more last minute goodies wrapped up, made cookies and put together the gift basket for DH's work (Apple butter again this year *sigh* I have no originality.) 

I had my friend at the foundry cast up another bug for me. He finished it today so I rushed and made this thing for my SiL. It's hard to see in the pic, but there's a butterfly on a flower in that top bead. 

Now I have the rolls on to rise for tomorrow's luncheon meeting at work. And as soon as I can get the table cleared off, I need to make a gift bag for the thing so I can get it in the mail in the AM.  When  that's done I think I'll have earned a Hot Buttered Rum.... 

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Page 165 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 163 164 165 166 167 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use