Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 161 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 159 160 161 162 163 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 794
Points 12,820
Quiltless replied on Mon, Dec 9 2013 8:22 PM | Locked

I like wide ribbon as the finish on a tree.  This year we combined the ornaments into one tree and skipped the ribbon.  Next year I'll do that again.

We have lots of mini lights and silk red roses and red rose buds -- with dew sparkles on them (from Michaels).  Then the ornaments.  Such memories in those ornaments.  Some from the 1920s.  

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Mon, Dec 9 2013 8:31 PM | Locked

MNnancy:
I'd either return the couch or the house.  Did you save your sale receipts
Alas, the sofa is  a second hand hand-me-down, and the receipt on the house was given to the banker and not us...

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 913
Points 17,110
Patricia Faye replied on Wed, Dec 11 2013 10:58 AM | Locked
Hello everyone I have to share my excitement!  I won 2 different give-ways this month!  
First I received an email from from Jennifer Brennan at the Northcott Fabric Circle website that I'm their winner for November!  My project titled “Holly Christmas Table Topper”  (we did this one in the Appliqué Group) was randomly selected to win their monthly Fat Quarter prize bundle for November.  She's sending me a bundle of Stonehenge Coordinates! I love their fabric.   I try to post a picture of my completed projects on this website & I am so happy that I did!  Yippee!

Then I received an email from from Lori  Kennedy at The Inbox Jaunt that I won one of her give-aways!  I won 2 paperback books The Secret Santa & Between Heaven & Texas by Marie Bostwick.  She is one of my favorite authors.  Can't wait until they arrive!  Lori has lots & lots of wonderful FMQ tutorials (great for anyone) and other interesting tutorials too.  I love reading her blog. 
So I feel lucky.  I don't know about you all but I love signing up for Give-Aways, especially when i win something!   
I hope everyone has a wonderful & safe Christmas & New Year!  

• | Post Points: 65
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 266
Points 4,965
Lesley replied on Wed, Dec 11 2013 12:43 PM | Locked

Well done Patricia that's brilliant.

I am settling into life without a job, not as easily as I hoped as DH was also made redundant, it had been in the offing before we went away but although not totally unexpected it was still a bit of a shock, interview Tuesday told he was going Wednesday and left Friday. He is as you can imagine quite upset after 27 years with the same company but we are trying to stay positive.

A little bit of good news my brother and I have accepted an offer on my Dad's house so all being well that will be completed by early February. 1 less thing to worry about!

I was hoping to spend time doing my own thing but we are working round each other at present. We had lunch out together yesterday after my hospital appointment to have photos taken of my eyes as I am useless at doing the field test where they test your peripheral vision ( I lose concentration too quickly) so that was nice, today I have been back to work as I am technically still employed until the end of Feb. I went to a short seminar regarding the options I want to consider for the future i.e. if I want to work and get a new job or consider retirement, voluntary work, or a big change ( less hours/days ) once I have made my decision I will go on a more intense 2 day seminar then 2 separate hour long 1 2 1's. Must admit the bank are doing a lot to help and all at no cost to me. So again today I had lunch out ( even if it was only at work) and tomorrow after I have had my training session I am meeting a really good friend for lunch, I quite like this lady that lunches tag!

Hope the weather where you all are is not too bad. Ok here is a little dull and grey.

Off to Windsor for the weekend with my DH, younger son and DIL so that will be nice. Again I shall be out to lunch and dinner sounds like a very good life to me.

xxx

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,196
Points 18,410
weezee56 replied on Wed, Dec 11 2013 1:23 PM | Locked

Patricia, What great news for you to win 2 different give-ways, fabric and books, I can't think of anything better. I would like to win some money though.

Lesley, I hope you and DH, can make the best of your employment situations. My DH had to take a medical retirement 2 years ago. Almost 30 years running his own business, and I retired last year after 30 years with the same employer. It took me about 6 months to get it in my head that I didn't have to go to work.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Wed, Dec 11 2013 1:32 PM | Locked

You'll get it figured out Leslie. I'm sure your Hubby will adjust once he gets over being told he's no longer needed. That's pretty rough on anyone.

I spent my AM making DD a pillowcase with  cowboy pin-up fabric. She'll have to get used to sharing her bed...  LOL

Sprout is using his yogert as a body balm. he seems to enjoy eating it off of his toes. Bathtime!!.  

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 266
Points 4,965
Lesley replied on Wed, Dec 11 2013 3:18 PM | Locked

thanks ladies.

One little hiccup is that DH is only 44 so too young to retire!! Toy boys have their advantages though!!!!!!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,475
Points 48,075
Angele replied on Wed, Dec 11 2013 5:27 PM | Locked

Congratulations Patricia for your two surprises. It's great when it's someone you know who wins. I hope to see pictures.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Wed, Dec 11 2013 7:46 PM | Locked

Congrats to you Patricia Faye

[Ava, Missouri

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 638
Points 11,010
zoetc49 replied on Wed, Dec 11 2013 8:40 PM | Locked

I am not getting any updates today, I wonder why? 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Thu, Dec 12 2013 6:22 PM | Locked

Patricia, I just finished  Between Heaven and Texas. Awesome read!!

I been gone awhile from here. I have not been able to login. Sure missed y'all.

I need all the prayer warriors here to folow me.in praying for our Mary. She doesn't post much. 

But, she is so depressed and just sad. They haven't been able to sell their house. And, her D.H just had heart surgery. That means yet another avalance of bills.  He is doing fine but this added stress isn't gonna help.Please be in constant prayer for these sweet people. I know we always take care of each. So, lets give Mary all the moral support we can. She is on Facebook so u can contact her there.

Hope everyone is having a happy holiday season! Remember the reason for this season. There are some wonderful concerts and plays at churchs near u so go!

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,586
Points 51,800
Ginny replied on Thu, Dec 12 2013 6:53 PM | Locked

Good to hear from you Sukochi. I have been wondering where you disappeared to. Hope that you PT has been helpful to you.

As far as Mary goes, I have been wondering how they were doing following her DH's surgery.  Good to hear that he is doing fine.   I know how hard it is to get those bills after the hospitalizations.  All you can do is let the hospital know you can only pay a certain amount a month.  Ask them to put all of the bills together on one statement and tell them how much you can afford to realistically pay on them each month.  I pay mine off at either $30.00 or $50.00 a month and that I can't pay any more than that.

Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Thu, Dec 12 2013 7:34 PM | Locked

Please tell Mary we'll keep her in our prayers. Think positive thoughts and count your blessings often.

I see the spammers are filling up the blogs again. Sigh. Sure wish that problem would go away.

Quiet day in my world. I needed it, so I'm not complaining. After weeks of drama things are sort of settling down here (I hope). I'm able to fiddle occasionally with small projects while Sprout plays.... nothing big but enough to keep my sanity.  Mostly I am working on Jr's star and doing a few quick gifts. 

Hopefully tomorrow I'l be able to catch up on housework and get started on the holiday decorating.

I dropped off a goddess tree of life pendant at the health dept for them to auction  next fall when they do the fund raising for breast cancer screening. 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,846
Points 40,250
ls2116 replied on Thu, Dec 12 2013 11:42 PM | Locked

DH started his vacation.  I kept him busy running errands with me.  Ended up I kept fiber optic tree up, but I added regular string lights to it and I think its been improved upon.  For how long its taking me to decorate one would think its 10 ft. tall but i keep jumping from differnt tasks and not accomplishing much on anything.  I also picked up a little house plant that looks like a tree.  Its a Norfolk Island Pine but info on it wasn't that great.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,846
Points 40,250
ls2116 replied on Fri, Dec 13 2013 9:44 PM | Locked

My cable tv isn't working tonight and I am bummed about that, but I have noticed here I'm among the top posters ( i know it probably wont last long) .  I have about nine days till my party at the house its getting exciting around my house and I've heard there is 6" of snow coming.

Quilting My Rainbow

Page 161 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 159 160 161 162 163 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use