Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 160 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 158 159 160 161 162 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,544
Points 417,019
gini replied on Sat, Dec 7 2013 10:58 AM | Locked

We are sitting in my favorite restaurant, waiting for some green chili stew with poached eggs on top.  Flights are all on time. Yippee. -2* here in Denver! but I have way too many clothes on for waiting in airports.  Two sets of long johns, good thing I lost enough weight to stuff me and my underwear in my pants.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,402
Points 119,641
Patti replied on Sat, Dec 7 2013 11:10 AM | Locked

Glad your flights are all on time, specially with the weather across the nation. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Sat, Dec 7 2013 11:17 AM | Locked

I have enjoyed getting caught up with you all. Snickerdoodle may be "better" but I am finding it to be a challenge that I don't need right now. 

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Sat, Dec 7 2013 11:21 AM | Locked

Enjoying getting caught up again. I just can't get used to the site we all have moved to so I'm going to have to work with the errors on this one for a while longer. 

Hugely funny dog story CC. Our poodle/terrier cross would do the same from under the coffee table while we were watching TV. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,728
Marie replied on Sat, Dec 7 2013 1:29 PM | Locked

I'd rather be doing what you are doing, Gini, sounds yummy.  I've been nursing a toothache for the past week.  Finally, after not sleeping a wink Thursday night, I called my dentist who sent me to a dental surgeon, who will be pulling it out Monday at 1 PM.  I'm taking Tylenol 3 until then, taking the edge off.  I can't believe I'm going to let a strange man, a handsome one at that and young enough for me to flirt with, put his fingers in my mouth and pull out one of my molars.  How do I act in a situation like that, any ideas?  

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sat, Dec 7 2013 4:36 PM | Locked

.Like your dear sweet self, Marie. How else would you act?

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,919
Points 41,040
ls2116 replied on Sun, Dec 8 2013 6:15 AM | Locked

Ouch Marie I feel your pain .  Hope your able to get some rest.

Went out with DH today Hes been wanting a Dat recorder for sometime now and of coarse I planned the outing around stopping in at Joanns well theres a musician store by it and he finally found his treasure.  He's singing a happy tune to me because he knows he wouldn't have even gone to that store if not for my days plan.  

Years past it was so easy to prep for holidays now it seems a chore,  but if i accomplish alittle each day i guess i'll be able to get it all accomplished.  Found out from DD that even though shes unable to be home for xmas eve we can celebrate it earlier.  I'm very happy with that but alot needs to be done yet.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Sun, Dec 8 2013 9:51 AM | Locked

How much I do at Christmas depends on who will be home. We won't be home until the 16th. Tree up on the 18th. Throw some decorations on the stair railings etc buy a bird and I'm done. If we were going to our daughters house, I wouldn't do that much   Every year it is more and more of an effort and since I get to do all the work, I guess I can quit any time.  Not that I don't like the whole season but DH hates it and that is such a downer,  Except for the big meal, which he loves. Soo if I am doing away with my favourite part, guess it will be weeny and beans for dinner here!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,728
Marie replied on Sun, Dec 8 2013 1:25 PM | Locked

chocake2:

CC should I hit on him before or after the extraction?  

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sun, Dec 8 2013 1:39 PM | Locked

Marie:

chocake2:

CC should I hit on him before or after the extraction?  

I'd go with before, during and after...but be cautioned that you're likely to be a little loopy during and after. :) 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sun, Dec 8 2013 1:47 PM | Locked

DD and I got busy this AM and rearranged the furniture to make a spot for the tree. It usually takes me the better part of the day to do it all myself, but with her assistance, we did it in a little more then an hour - while tripping over the dog, the boys  and the spouse. I think we did good!

Would you believe that moving the sofa did not magically add square footage to the house? There's something seriously wrong with that.  

:(  DH hates change and he's pouting about the 'un-nessacery hubbub"we've created. I reminded him that he was originally assigned to be my helper so he should just be grateful that DD spared him the sore back and pinched fingers.

While his Daddy is out of sorts about the changes, sprout is thrilled. He's happy to explore all of the new nooks and crannies we created. 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,246
Points 19,420
weezee56 replied on Sun, Dec 8 2013 3:14 PM | Locked

Vivian My DH is the same way, about turkey any way. My kids come for dinner and they all three like turkey so we have turkey and ham.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, Dec 8 2013 10:42 PM | Locked

chocake2:
Would you believe that moving the sofa did not magically add square footage to the house?

No!

chocake2:
There's something seriously wrong with that.

I'd either return the couch or the house.  Did you save your sale receipts?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Sun, Dec 8 2013 11:37 PM | Locked

Oh yes....dear former owner of our abode. It is not expanding as fast as my family and I will have to return it. When I think of raising three teenagers in a house with one bathroom and now we have four bathrooms and no kids at home. It dosent seem fair.  Nice for us but not fair. 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,919
Points 41,040
ls2116 replied on Mon, Dec 9 2013 4:27 PM | Locked

Warming up some stew.  Dr. appt. tomorrow still frettin over furniture.  Gonna take down my fiber optic tree, decided to put up different one that a ornamant  will hang better from.  allergic to real trees or else I would surely have one.

Quilting My Rainbow

Page 160 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 158 159 160 161 162 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use