Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 158 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 156 157 158 159 160 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Wed, Dec 4 2013 7:38 PM | Locked

Welcome back Patti.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Wed, Dec 4 2013 7:50 PM | Locked

Glad to see you back, Patti.  We missed you.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,506
Points 48,350
Angele replied on Wed, Dec 4 2013 10:24 PM | Locked

Agnes:

Angele:
I sometimes feels she works very hard at being unhappy and miserable.

That is a sentence I could have written about my mother. DH and I had a good understanding. I worked hard not to be like her but when I started becoming negative he would just say something about thinking my mom had come to visit. It was a very kind way to tell me that I needed to reshape myself again.

Agnes, I am doing the same. I want to be wise and kind and generous like my Dad. I know and understand that mom had to make do with very little when dad was sick, but they are good now. I know the disease is robbing  her of her reasoning abilities and her memory, but it's no reason to make us cry because we never can do enough. I finally learned to say no in a way as to not get Mom upset. Not easy but feasible. I love her and admire her qualities, yet I just don't get the meanness towards Dad...a after 67 years!

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,506
Points 48,350
Angele replied on Wed, Dec 4 2013 10:33 PM | Locked

Quiltless:

Today, I had the delight of watching a pair of bald eagles flying in strong gusty winds and handling them with ease.  But, they would careen and flap their huge wings and then put their feathered legs and feet out front to slow sharply -- almost like stopping on a dime in mid-air.  Then wheeling a sharp turn and landing on our beach -- probably to enjoy some oysters that washed up in the white capped waves.  Their white heads and tail feathers make them so dramatic.  They truly are majestic.

Quilt less, you are very fortunate to be able to enjoy nature like that. Well today started a bit windy, but otherwise ok. By 2:30 the school sent all the buses home. Since noon it's windy and even whiteout conditions at some points. Now that I'm in, I to am enjoying watching nature's forces and beauty.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,506
Points 48,350
Angele replied on Wed, Dec 4 2013 10:38 PM | Locked

Nancy I love your new quilts especially the window panes one. The apple core one looks intriguing too. It might just make my list.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,506
Points 48,350
Angele replied on Wed, Dec 4 2013 10:43 PM | Locked

Bethmy prayers are going to Camille and to your family. Organ donors are like gifts from God as they give so many people a second chance at a healthy life.  

Angèle  from NWO

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,154
Points 14,985
Dawn replied on Thu, Dec 5 2013 6:58 AM | Locked

Yesterday we were at 50 degrees, today 14 . . . with a high of 22.  :-)  Gotta love winter!  I need to get the registers on in my sewing room, since it is in the basement.  Brrrr . . .    Better get moving, going shopping w/my DD and DGS3 . . . BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!  :-)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,506
Points 48,350
Angele replied on Thu, Dec 5 2013 7:29 AM | Locked

We had quite the wind with some snow all day yesterday and part of the night. I did work on some table runners in the hopes to get them done before the day...

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,649
Points 52,690
Ginny replied on Thu, Dec 5 2013 7:30 AM | Locked

Gee Dawn that is what is happening here this morning. Started at 52 a couple of hours ago- now in the low 40s and headed down.    Ginny 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,608
Points 27,090
Debbie replied on Thu, Dec 5 2013 7:42 AM | Locked

Ginny:
Gee Dawn that is what is happening here this morning.

we're in the 20s in OKC and expect possibly 3-6" of snow.  I'll believe it when I see it, the last 2 times they've predicted snow for the metro area, we got nothing!  But I really want enough today before 5:00 so we'll close the library and I don't have to stay till 9 pm and drive home in the dark, in the snow and ice.

Predicting almost 1 inch of ice for SE part of OK, so glad don't live there.  comparing this to 1990 when the ice storm was TERRIBLE, parts of OK had no electricity for weeks, in the frigid cold.  Just hunker down and stay inside.   

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Thu, Dec 5 2013 9:24 AM | Locked

The thermometer is sitting at -20 here, but there's no wind so it's not bad. In fact it's a beautiful morning with a stunning crimson sunrise!  We went through a mountain of firewood while the breeze was up, but now that things are calm the heat isn't being sucked right out of the chimney, so the house is cozy.

I'd hoped to work on Jr' star yesterday but didn't even get the strips cut. Sprout was a handful all day. I hope today will be  better. DS1 has a great planet print that Jr thought would be a wonderful background for his star ( I tend to agree) and he planned his design around it. Good thing I didn't start cutting yesterday after all because I came to find out that he had never asked DS1 if he could use it.  *Sigh*

DD's BF came home from school with her yesterday. That was a surprise. He's been avoiding us - having gone so far as to tell her that her mother was a "Mean B*" - after our last encounter.  He helped shovel out the drift in front of the door, helped her brothers with their homework and played games with us all evening. It was pleasant to have him here. I'm hoping he learned that while her momma may be a fire breathing dragon, I have no intention of eating him...for now.  I'm also hoping that DD will figure out that this 2-way street thing is a good deal.

On a bright note, ever since the meeting of families that got me labeled so warmly, DD has been herself again. She's dropped the drama in favor of communicating, is actually enjoying her little siblings again and has her smile back, even tho things have been rocky on her social front. Maybe that too has past . Pray things will work out. 

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 484
Points 9,190
Jan replied on Thu, Dec 5 2013 9:57 AM | Locked

Oh CC, Some days I wonder how you can be so far away and looking right into my house.  We had a totally fire breathing whirlwind of a couple of weeks with the 15 year old over an abusive BF that was telling her we hated her.  Now she has kicked him to the curb and is back to talking to her friends and those in her youth group. I have been thanking God for the good days with her. She truly is a wonderful young lady. That is my mantra too. To try to remember she is too young to understand how wonderful she is.

Jan

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,919
Points 41,040
ls2116 replied on Thu, Dec 5 2013 11:01 AM | Locked

I haven't been doing much on computer and smartphone lately but I have a question if any of you are super knowledgeable on these.  my son has loaded all kinds of protection on my computer but should i add something on my phone?  ( antivirus protection)  my brother uses his phone like its one of his extremities and i've been told I don't need one on my phone but i just don't know enough about these contraptions.

Been moving slow today trying to motivate myself to go out and finish xmas shopping then maybe i'll get back in my sewing room.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, Dec 5 2013 2:21 PM | Locked

chocake2:
The thermometer is sitting at -20 here, but there's no wind so it's not bad. In fact it's a beautiful morning with a stunning crimson sunrise!

We're a day behind you with the weather.  The storm has now passed with 13 inches on the ground.  Today the sun came out making everything look like a Christmas card!   The wind has just kicked into high gear, so I think we'll be cleaning up snow again tomorrow (4th day in a row) due to drifting.  Starting tomorrow, we'll see those below zero temps that CC has in Montana today.

In the meantime, tonight I'll be heading to town for Girls Night Out and the chance to win $500.  Can I do it again???

above - Looking down at the Mississippi.

above - Our home all snowed in.

above - The scene behind the house.

above - I didn't get the bird bath heater in place in time.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Thu, Dec 5 2013 2:51 PM | Locked

The Dog has gas. She found something quite dead and tasty on one of her adventures this week. Now she's lying in front of the fire ...farting.  It's bad enough that she's stinking up the whole house, but to add to it, every time she toots, she looks around at her butt and growls. Clearly her posterior is offensive to her as well. 

• | Post Points: 50
Page 158 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 156 157 158 159 160 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use