Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 157 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 155 156 157 158 159 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on 12-03-2013 11:38 PM | Locked

No problems for me tonight, but I couldn't get on all day.  

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,121
Points 14,465
Dawn replied on 12-04-2013 6:57 AM | Locked

The site is loading very fast this morning too.  Whatever they did hope it lasts!

Gotta clean up my living room, full of debris from wrapping presents.  Then I can decorate for Christmas.  

Praying this fog goes away.  I HATE driving in it.  It is down to .02 mile visibility.  Glad I don't have to go to work this morning, just have to bowl later, and they say that is when the fog should lift.  Then we get some really cold air.  yay.

Everyone have a great day! 

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 265
Points 4,945
Lesley replied on 12-04-2013 8:56 AM | Locked

Beth that is wonderful news. By the time you read this the operation will be done and dusted. Hope everything went well and Camille is soon up and about. Lxx

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,670
Points 37,665
ls2116 replied on 12-04-2013 9:16 AM | Locked

Over the wkend DH and I went to furniture store I picked out new items but then it took so long to get it rung up and I was so excited to finally find my color grey and that my husband was going to get me such a gift,  then we went home thinking I would just comeback later and do paperwork but when we got home he took back the gift I'm bummed out almost feel like taking down my tree Hed rather have oversized scraped up furniture rather than pay a few dollars to have furniture to be ...  I could go on but you get my drift I guess its my fault for leaving the store when I did.  I've told family I'm not having xmasthis year I 'm not in the mood to to cook a big spread when my family is getting over flu and our appetites are diminished.  Back on the furniture  my BIL cameover and commented on the furniture I'd like to give the pieces to him.  No sewing yet for me.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on 12-04-2013 9:30 AM | Locked

Well, whatdoyaknow!? I got on this AM.  It's nice to see you all, after not being able to check in at all yesterday. 'Guess I'm a certifiable QCA addict, huh? I had withdrawal symptoms.

We're cold and frozen here. DD reported that the plumbing at her school was frozen and sewage was backing up in to the sinks in the girls bathroom yesterday. I half expected that they'd close the school today, but apparently it's still on. The contact for school closures is a local radio station. This morning they announced that a school on the far side of the district would be closed on Tuesday, Dec 3 due to sever weather. ...  ...  ... Does that mean that if DD's school is closed today they'll tell us tomorrow?

I've been driving the kids to and from the bus stop, less then a block away, as wind chills are pretty nasty.  I'm using all of my gas warming up the car so I can drive around the block twice a day. 

Hope to get started cutting Jr's star today, but that'll depend on Sprout and chores. DH said something about making a town run today, and tht's gonna take a chunk of the afternoon. 

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 149
Points 2,545
Beth replied on 12-04-2013 9:54 AM | Locked

CC I remember those days!!! I used to have to get up at 5:00 am to take the kids to swim practice ..they all swam on the HS swim team...had to be in the pool at 5:30am and then had practice after school and it would be absolutely freezing would use half a tank of gas warming up, driving the 15 miles up and back and then they'd have practice after school, so at 4:30 pm I'd do it all over again....but you know what??? I truly miss those days :)  

On to news of Camille...she had one very LONG day yesterday..she went into surgery around 11:30 and didn't come out until after 5PM., they had a lot of scar tissue to get through from her first one right after birth...they did get the plumbing connected, kidney pinked up and is working well (Never thought we'd be so excited to say we have "pee", but it is a big deal for her!!) Her bladder is only the size of a walnut because it has never been used so now the workout  begins :) ...she is in the Ped's ICU and is heavily sedated to alleviate the pain, but things are going well Praise to God!!!! So happy and grateful, but continuing to pray for continued recovery and also special prayers for the donor family as well!!!!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 449
Points 8,560
Jan replied on 12-04-2013 9:55 AM | Locked

Beth,

How marvelous. Our family has been praying for her all along too.  I am so happy for you and your family to have been blessed in this way.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on 12-04-2013 11:11 AM | Locked

Continued prayers for Camille and the whole family.  It's fantastic what they can do nowadays, isn't it?

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on 12-04-2013 11:21 AM | Locked

1. I have found an agency that will com for 2 hrs for $37.90 and they will drive me  to appts light housekeeping, simple meal, help me getting dressed etc.. Thy are working on a price for 12 hrshift at night.  Still have no found a possible. Live in....but this was a big step...many places are closed    This is  week. Physical therapy is coming this  afternoon....thank you for suggestions, ii have called each andworking on what suits my needs well.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,504
Points 50,725
Ginny replied on 12-04-2013 11:40 AM | Locked

nantenn. , I am so glad that the suggestions that Quiltless gave you are working out so far.  My prayers remain with you to find the best possible arrangements for your situation.  God Bless.   Ginny

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 789
Points 12,705
Quiltless replied on 12-04-2013 1:11 PM | Locked

Lots of cold, raw weather across the nation this week. 

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 789
Points 12,705
Quiltless replied on 12-04-2013 1:13 PM | Locked

Beth,

That's great news of Camille.  I'm sure all of QCA sends hugs and warm wishes for the whole family.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 789
Points 12,705
Quiltless replied on 12-04-2013 1:22 PM | Locked

Nantenn,

I'm delighted some of this is moving forward.  Don't be shy about calling the Community Services agency again if you don't find what you need.  One call may not be enough to find the resources you need or work through all the problems. 

It sounds like they gave you a referral resource list.  Ask if they have "In Home Supportive Services" "IHSS"  -- government managed services where the rates are negotiated ahead by the government with the service providers.  Then the private users hire them and pay at those pre-negotiated rates.  They may or may not call it that -- maybe it is known by a different name in your state.  Most states have this now to supplement in-home care before someone needs "assisted living."  The governments have been persuaded that keeping people in their own homes as long as they are capable of independent living is the way to go -- for now.  Boomers are going to overwhelm the senior service providers.   You have to be very sweet and kind, but persistent and assertive to get what you need.  Hang in there and work it through.  It takes a significant amount of effort to get things set up for supportive services.

Some services are limited to a low income range.  Sometimes things are on an income sliding scale for pricing.   If not, don't be afraid to ask if they can negotiate a lower price too.  

Your tax dollars are at work here on some of these things.  The services exist to help people exactly like you. 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on 12-04-2013 1:54 PM | Locked

Yay Beth. Happy news. Prayers continue for little Camille and your family

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on 12-04-2013 4:34 PM | Locked

wow, it's taken me  a long time to catch up.  I did try from my in-law's to get on QCA a couple days ago, and I could get on and check out the message board, but it would not let me make a comment.  It would not let me log in, and I had the correct name and password. 

Anyway, I am home and on my own computer now.

Beth, I am so excited about the transplant.  Wonderful news. 

Nan, I am glad you are taking Quiltless's advice.  I will be praying for you, and your health.

It has been quite a week.  I really like my new sister-in-law.   Marriage was a year + ago, but DH and I stayed with her and my brother-in-law for the week, so I really got a chance to get to know her better.  Families are definitely interesting.  My father-in-law and his bride had a wonderful celebration, and boy, they know how to have a party.  A couple of the daughters are having difficulty adjusting to their father getting married however.  And they both have had other adjustments as well, that have not been easy for them.   Too much at one time.

It is strange however to see two of 6 children who have had it all, beautiful homes, great vacations, etc now having the hardest time living with less, (but still what I would consider a lot.)  DH's other 3 siblings have all had or are having some very serious life struggles, but appreciate all they have, even to the point of valuing their struggles, and being convinced that God will make use of their struggles, to help others if nothing else.

DH and I are somewhere in the middle, financially, and life circumstances.  

I missed you all while I was gone.   Hey, it's time to get the Christmas stuff out.  Think I will go put some lights up!

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Page 157 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 155 156 157 158 159 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use