Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 154 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 152 153 154 155 156 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Sat, Nov 30 2013 7:39 PM | Locked

My mom bullied all of us except i am the favorite but also hd the highest expectation expected. But she stopped bulllying when she fell and broke her hip. She lived on month from. Thenand wascso,much fun.

personally i am being bullied by my daughter in law she took my place with my grand daughter which has broken my heart, and they will only take me to dr on mon as long as i plan ahead. Or if  i want  togo out to eat and then ofcoursei am paying for all.  If they do not want to cook and bring me a plate...their idea because i am having memory issuesbut they sometimes do not eat till 7p but at 7:30 i ask and she saysshe hadpizzaand knew i did not like it. I am unalevto drive and thy get somethings on my list if heybfeel like it but of course it goes on my credit card.. My left foot is very painful, can not put really any weight n it as it is a pain syndrome that set into last april after i sprained it. No cure,on dilaudid round he clok and if i stay in bedvand keepleg warm i have a slight decline n pain.  

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 794
Points 12,820
Quiltless replied on Sat, Nov 30 2013 8:03 PM | Locked

NanTenn

I want you to call the Bradley-Cleveland Community Services Agency, 155 6th Street SE, Cleveland, TN 37320.  (423) 479-4111.  Ask them to send out a caseworker to take an intake interview -- that you are in need of services and trying to rely on your family is not working for you.  They are sort of a point of contact between government help and private help organizations. 

They can set you up with Meals on Wheels, if you need that service and all kinds of other services to help you.  Mention the financial issues with the credit card and they may be able to help and advise you on that too.  Even knowing that somebody else is keeping track is a great deterrent to greedy kids.

Elder abuse or abuse of the disabled is a growing problem.  They are not going to get your family in trouble.  Their goal is to help the elderly and disabled.  The services are there exactly for people like you; so you can be relieved of that kind of pressure and enjoy some quilting and talking with your friends on QCA.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 924
Points 17,125
Patricia Faye replied on Sat, Nov 30 2013 8:33 PM | Locked

Thank you Quiltless for directing NanTenn to the community service agency!

I know I'm fortunate to never have experienced this kind of problem &  can't imagine my children being so inconsiderate or down right mean.

When my Mother was alive, she would never have tolerated that kind of behavior from any of us 4 girls or anyone else.  We were always wanting to do things for her but she was so independent even when she got sick.  She's been gone 22 yrs in January and we still miss her.  She has 3 younger sisters still living so we make a point of seeing our Aunts several times during the year.  They enjoy seeing us and we have a good time.  They also know they can call us if they need anything!

You are entitled to enjoy a happy & peaceful life doing what you like/love.  I will keep you in my prayers too.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Sat, Nov 30 2013 10:30 PM | Locked

Thank you for the info..quitless.. I was not even sure i should share but i will follow-up next week. They have my permission on credit cards as they won't take me to store so for me o get groceries ineedthem to hve it.  But i have been requesting receipts asi find it hard to believe i ameting $50-60 a week, and that is just extras. . I used to feed a family of 5 on that amt. 

my sister is coming 12/13 and 12/14 and besides visiting i thinking she is actually looking into what is going on.

due to my left foot/ankle/leg i can not quilt.. I had bought a Tin Lizzie longarm just before i got hurt and it was very expensive and has all the bells and whistles.  I have it for sale atbottom amt f 10 k plus shipping. I can not evensew on my domestic machine as foot cannotbe in same posotion for ver about 20 minso by he timei get aet up..  I had to cancel grand daughters charity.. Quilted Hugs from Maddie.

thank you for the info... You are very kind.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Nov 30 2013 10:39 PM | Locked

Excellent advice, Kath!

Nan, you should print that info before this page gets buried and then share it with your sister.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Sat, Nov 30 2013 11:18 PM | Locked

Already printed it...thanks

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Sat, Nov 30 2013 11:18 PM | Locked

Already printed it...thanks

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,606
Points 52,025
Ginny replied on Sun, Dec 1 2013 7:59 AM | Locked

Nantenn, I am so glad that you have a sister that can come and see you and hopefully figure out what is going on.   I will say that in my area, groceries have seemed to skyrocket in the past year.  I am flabbergasted at the size of some of my grocery bills--and I am doing the buying.  I pray that things get on a more even keel for you soon.  Quiltless has offered some sound advise for you.  Good luck, girl.   Ginny

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,338
Points 30,455
Agnes replied on Sun, Dec 1 2013 10:01 AM | Locked

Angele:
I sometimes feels she works very hard at being unhappy and miserable.

That is a sentence I could have written about my mother. DH and I had a good understanding. I worked hard not to be like her but when I started becoming negative he would just say something about thinking my mom had come to visit. It was a very kind way to tell me that I needed to reshape myself again.

Agnes in NW Ontario

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sun, Dec 1 2013 10:07 AM | Locked

I suspect that a lot of older people tend to micromanage not out of mean-ness but because so many aspects of their lives are out of their control. Bodies failing, families moving further away, past regrets not let go ...they all add up and kind of avalanche on them. In response they get defensive and try harder to control every aspect of their lives. Over time it gets so that's all they no how to do. 

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,338
Points 30,455
Agnes replied on Sun, Dec 1 2013 10:10 AM | Locked

I have the receipt to prove that when we got married in 1968 we spent under $100 to fully stock our kitchen cupboards and pantry including some pots, pans, cooking tools, etc. Now I average $200 for the month for myself and I eat very simply with hardly any processed foods that bring up the costs. This may include a lunch or two in the building common area but they are only $4 and I often take home enough for my evening meal as well in that price.

Agnes in NW Ontario

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,499
Points 417,339
gini replied on Sun, Dec 1 2013 10:53 AM | Locked

nan, i am sorry to hear about your continuing troubles.  kath has given you some great advice.    

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,499
Points 417,339
gini replied on Sun, Dec 1 2013 10:53 AM | Locked

i have posted some pictures from the spokane 2013 quilt show on my blog

gini in north idaho

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 794
Points 12,820
Quiltless replied on Sun, Dec 1 2013 11:17 AM | Locked

Agnes:

Angele:
I sometimes feels she works very hard at being unhappy and miserable.

That is a sentence I could have written about my mother. DH and I had a good understanding. I worked hard not to be like her but when I started becoming negative he would just say something about thinking my mom had come to visit. It was a very kind way to tell me that I needed to reshape myself again.

Ditto here, Agnes.  I try to be aware of and curb the learned negativity too.    It is a battle though because that self monitoring and self assessment has to be continuous.  Having learned a lesson there, here's something I tell my loved ones: 

"You can choose to be happy." 

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 794
Points 12,820
Quiltless replied on Sun, Dec 1 2013 11:21 AM | Locked

Today is wild, wet and stormy on the Puget Sound.  I love watching the wild weather and power of nature as long as I am as snug as a bug behind a bay window.  I am fortunate to have a bay window in my sewing room. 

Today, I had the delight of watching a pair of bald eagles flying in strong gusty winds and handling them with ease.  But, they would careen and flap their huge wings and then put their feathered legs and feet out front to slow sharply -- almost like stopping on a dime in mid-air.  Then wheeling a sharp turn and landing on our beach -- probably to enjoy some oysters that washed up in the white capped waves.  Their white heads and tail feathers make them so dramatic.  They truly are majestic.

Page 154 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 152 153 154 155 156 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use