Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 147 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 145 146 147 148 149 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,570
Points 118,500
Judy Taylor-Bellingham replied on Thu, Nov 21 2013 6:42 PM | Locked

Bev :
Judy, if you are talking about the Kindle HD I think it only has the front facing camera for use with Skype.

Thanks Bev. Kind of a bummer but if I.had read the specs more thoroughly I would.have known that 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 600
Points 10,405
zoetc49 replied on Thu, Nov 21 2013 9:31 PM | Locked

I went looking at tablets today.  I would enjoy having one, but not sure if it's the best use for my money. I LOVE the new Xbox one. I was thinking of investing in that so I can do some neat workouts. I have never bought a gaming system, and also don't know if this would be the best use for my money.  Both cost so much money. 

I am so far behind in my quilt projects. I have two that must be done by Dec. 1 as they are Christmas decorations. I have another that is causing me some grief and then one I have yet to start. I wish I could hire someone to help ((sigh)) .

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 962
Points 19,541
Snowbird Quilter replied on Fri, Nov 22 2013 1:49 PM | Locked

Into the second week of recovery from a total hip replacement.  I'm thinkn' I over did it a little yesterday.  Sore and lazy today.

Karla. ... I understand your excitement over snow.  We had about 12 hours of mist like rain.  Expected it to turn to snow, but it did not.  All moisture is very welcome of course.

Judy T.  You are such a kick.  I can just see you laying on the couch staring at the picture.  I understand your disappointment.

I saw a new BOM in the last Keepsake Quilting catalog with paper piecing by Carol Doak.  I'd really like to do some paper piecing, but I'm a little leery to order because I've been burned on BOM kits.  The last one I ordered from Fons & Porter called Lil Woolies has been backordered twice and no idea when I'll get it.  One I ordered from Keepsake Quilting  a few years ago was a three part one, got the first part took a full year to get the next two.  Needless to say by that time I'd moved on and it's still in the mailing package.

Beautiful sunny day today.  But oh so cold.

A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

• | Post Points: 65
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,194
Points 15,975
Susan replied on Fri, Nov 22 2013 4:03 PM | Locked

Brenda J:
I can say my DD and I are great friends of course she is now 26, LOL.
        Brenda, Just catching up on all the posts and came across yours It made me chuckle as I too have a 26 year old daughter and can sooo relate to you.  She now has a daughter and all I say is "its payback time" LOL.   Susan

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,344
Points 28,400
Marsha-SM replied on Fri, Nov 22 2013 5:15 PM | Locked

Snowbird Quilter:
Into the second week of recovery from a total hip replacement.  I'm thinkn' I over did it a little yesterday.  Sore and lazy today.

Lazy is good - sore is not!  Rich had his hip replaced 3 1/2 weeks ago and decided he could go back to driving the truck and cattle trailer Tuesday.  The driving was fine, the walking was not.  He hasn't used a cane since the 2nd week.  In one barnyard he was walking along and suddenly fell into a water filled hole.  Luckily he had an Amish man with him to help with the cattle and he was able to help him out of the MESS!  His hip is OK, his knee and hand are very sore - He had a partial knee replacement on that knee 9 months ago but fortunately everything seems to be all right.  If he had a cane with him he could have tested the "waters" before stepping into it!  He called me an told me to get a full set of clothes ready for him.  What a mess!  The hole was purposely put there to lower one side of the feeder wagon for easier loading.  The smell was pretty bad as the water was combined with rotten silage and other barnyard goodies!  I washed his clothes twice to get the smell out.  We are used to those smells but not that bad.  His compression stockings were harder than ever to remove dripping wet.  I smelled as bad as he did after helping him get rid of the clothes.  

Don't try anything foolish like he did and take it easy.  It is amazing how quickly recovery is from these new hips - he had the other one replaced 2 years ago and that leg is still weaker than the recently done one - new style hip, new incision placement, less muscle involvement.  Hope you come along as quickly as he did and feel much better than before your surgery.  Good luck and take care. Also, beware of innocent-looking puddles - they may not be what they seem!!!

Marsha - Western New York

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Fri, Nov 22 2013 8:39 PM | Locked

Snowbird Quilter:

Hi Patti Mac, glad you have that hip replacement behind you.  Now take it easy and let your body recover before you test it so much...LOL!    You have permission to be lazy and besides, there are lots of hand quilting you can do plus all those quilting magazines that you've piled up and never really read, right?  Seriously, hope your feeling better soon.  

p.s.  Check your pm's...

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Fri, Nov 22 2013 8:44 PM | Locked

Donna B:
p.s.  Check your pm's...

Patti Mac, I give up on the pm...I keep getting the dreaded error message.  So, check your email instead!

Winthrop, WA

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 587
Points 9,320
Joyce replied on Fri, Nov 22 2013 10:09 PM | Locked

Karla thanks for the pic I love the dog in front reminds me of a deer.  I'm thinking one with a red nose. ha  It is that time of year.  

Joyce

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,705
Points 38,185
ls2116 replied on Fri, Nov 22 2013 10:47 PM | Locked

You guys wont believe what happened to me and I sure hope nobody else experiences this when they decide to get a new machine.  I had such a great feeling when i got my 3.0 at expo then a couple of weeks later found out they would take the 3.0 back for the sensation but today ijust learned that the place didn't mean they would give me a credit return they took it as a trade off the sensation so for me the great deal ended up to not be so great because i am oweing for bot machines on paper.  all the figures looked right on the receipt but i sure screwed up on this one even though its a great machine i'm sure.  My DH thinks i was bamboozled .  So when calling the store they said there is absolutely no returns after 10 days and also that once i brought it home its considered used.  It will take me awhile to get over this mistake of miscommunication everyone be careful when making your purchase.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Nov 23 2013 1:11 AM | Locked

Snowbird Quilter:
Into the second week of recovery from a total hip replacement.  I'm thinkn' I over did it a little yesterday.

Let's not be doing that!  You don't want to set that recovery back.  

You can get into paper piecing without doing a BOM.  Check out the paper piecing group here on QCA.  There are links to several good projects.  Or look for the classes on Craftsy. 

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Nov 23 2013 1:12 AM | Locked

Marsha-SM:
I smelled as bad as he did after helping him get rid of the clothes.

Ugh, what an experience!  I hope he didn't damage his new hip or knee.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Nov 23 2013 1:16 AM | Locked

ls2116:
so for me the great deal ended up to not be so great because i am oweing for both machines on paper....my DH thinks i was bamboozled .

So sorry to hear about your experience.  This does not sound like a reputable dealer.  That's too bad that the joy has gone out of what should have been a fun purchase.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,070
Points 16,400
weezee56 replied on Sat, Nov 23 2013 1:44 AM | Locked

ls2116:
would give me a credit return they took it as a trade off the sensation so for me the great deal ended up to not be so great because i am oweing for bot machines on paper.

I'm sorry to hear of your new machine troubles. I think your DH might be right. They should have explained exactly what they were going to do, before they did it. Not make it a surprise after it was too late for you to change your mind.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,517
Points 50,880
Ginny replied on Sat, Nov 23 2013 7:22 AM | Locked

Oh IS, I am so very sorry that you got into this situation.  I thought this dealer was a very reputable one.  How this got so mixed up is beyond belief.   Guess I won't be dealing with them for any buys.   Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,353
Points 174,653
Marie replied on Sat, Nov 23 2013 11:30 AM | Locked

zoetc49:
I wish I could hire someone to help
zoetc49:
I am so far behind in my quilt projects

Ditto on that first statement and when you find someone, send them my way on the second.

Millbury, MA

Page 147 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 145 146 147 148 149 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use