Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 145 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 143 144 145 146 147 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 794
Points 12,820
Quiltless replied on Wed, Nov 20 2013 12:04 AM | Locked

Ginny,

My best to your nephew and his wife. Congratulations to them on their marriage. I hope his pain is well managed for him and that his goals for improvement are met.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,129
Points 14,595
Dawn replied on Wed, Nov 20 2013 9:12 AM | Locked

Ginny, praying for your nephew!  

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Wed, Nov 20 2013 9:45 AM | Locked

BRrrrrrrr. 0 with a windchill of -10 and snowing in my backyard. It's a good day to hide inside.

I kept Jr home from school with contagious boogeritious today. He's really not sick enough to be home, but too sick to go out... 

Been working on my GFG piecing a lot lately. It keeps my hands busy so they don't go off and wring Dd's pretty little neck. She's really copping an attitude lately. Apparently she's all grown up and earning her keep is no longer required.  Chores are beneath her. This is her house, not mine. She knows more about everything then her Mother. ...but I must  drop everything to see to her whims and wants.  Oy. Where did my sweet chil' go??? 

Enough whining about that. 

'Think today Jr and I will toss around ideas for his star quilt. 

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Wed, Nov 20 2013 9:51 AM | Locked

your sweet child will come back and miraculously when she is thirty, all of a sudden you are the go to person if she needs  to know something

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,528
Points 51,040
Ginny replied on Wed, Nov 20 2013 9:59 AM | Locked

Thank you Dawn.  He is scheduled to go home on Saturday.  They want him to go to a rehab facility, but he wants to go home.  They are going to have therapy come to his house 3 times a week to work with him.  He is still confined to a wheel chair and possibly will remain so.   It's that good ol' German stubbornness showing through. LOL     Ginny

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,375
Points 175,078
Marie replied on Wed, Nov 20 2013 12:33 PM | Locked

Ginny thoughts and prayers going up for your nephew.  It's that ol' German stubbornness that will get him on his feet, you wait and see.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,375
Points 175,078
Marie replied on Wed, Nov 20 2013 12:37 PM | Locked

chocake2:
 Oy. Where did my sweet chil' go??? 

Into "teenagedom", CC!  Don't you remember?  I do.  It lasted until I was married and had my first child at 25, then my mother became the smartest and wisest person on the face of this earth.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,528
Points 51,040
Ginny replied on Wed, Nov 20 2013 1:41 PM | Locked

Boy, I didn't go thru that.  My mother just thought that I was smart enough to take care of everything.   But that's okay, she had me babysitting a 3 and 4 year old when I was 8.   I was real smart, the neighbor down the street asked me to go to the show in town about 6 miles away.  I figured out the 2 little ones could ride the bus for free and also get into the show for free, so I took enough money out of the change jar for my bus fare and the show, wrote a note and let my Mom know where we were and we went to the show.    My mother quickly realized how stupid she was for leaving me in charge like that.    LOL     Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,528
Points 51,040
Ginny replied on Wed, Nov 20 2013 2:15 PM | Locked

Oh Marie, I do believe that , along with our good Lord's help.  My nephew has always been such a softy, but also very stubborn,  I know that comes from both sides of my family- It is the German stubbornness, don't you know.   Ginny

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985
MaxNTopeka replied on Wed, Nov 20 2013 2:57 PM | Locked

Ginny--thoughts and prayers for your nephew. That good old 'German stubbornness' can be a very good thing to have.

CC--Good luck with DD. Just keep repeating "this too shall pass".

I am SO happy today!  I just got off the phone from ordering our new kitchen cabinets. They may arrive in 'about 2 weeks,'  I will expect them when I see the truck in the driveway.  In the meantime, the kitchen is not quite ready for them:

At least I have a kitchen sink, and a stove that is working.  For those of you who wonder what to do with those selvedges you trim off fabric, you can always use them to hold up insulation once you remove the ceiling.

And on a very happy note, I get to play with quilting until DH has all the electrical and plumbing work done...about two weeks...if all goes well. So I cut up some rather dull and drab browns, blues, greys, greens, and black scraps and started a Crosses quilt.  It needs a few more rows but I need to sew some of these together so there will be room on the design board to lay them out.  This will be a recliner quilt for a rather dull and drab old man.  I thought the quilt should match his personality.  I think it is an almost perfect match!

Hope everyone stays safe and healthy, and has a wonderful holiday with those you love (even the teenagers!).

Max

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,528
Points 51,040
Ginny replied on Wed, Nov 20 2013 3:23 PM | Locked

Max, is that old German stubbornness what is keeping you sane without a kitchen?   Although, I know if I didn't have anyone other than a husband to be concerned with getting a meal for, it might be a good thing.  You can play the -I'm not inspired to really cook in this ?kitchen? until we get it put back together.  LOL    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,601
Points 119,180
Judy Taylor-Bellingham replied on Wed, Nov 20 2013 3:39 PM | Locked

Max, love the use for those selvage strips. Very clever!

That "dull and drab" quilt is going to be so cool looking.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,084
Points 16,605
weezee56 replied on Wed, Nov 20 2013 3:51 PM | Locked

CC I'm sure you will find her again, it might be awhile, but it will happen..

Max My DH would love your quilt, I show him different patterns with bright colors and he tell me they make him dizzy.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,345
Points 28,435
Marsha-SM replied on Wed, Nov 20 2013 5:46 PM | Locked

MaxNTopeka:
At least I have a kitchen sink, and a stove that is working.  For those of you who wonder what to do with those selvedges you trim off fabric, you can always use them to hold up insulation once you remove the ceiling.

Now I know why I saved a whole pile of selvages recently - I was waiting for your tip!!!  That will be a great help when I try to insulate the ceiling in MY new room.  It may not be finished until long after your kitchen is done.  The room is a little frosty now, but at least I have the floor painted and some holes sealed off.  Insulation comes next.  Since Rich is now back on 2 legs - only 3 weeks after getting a new hip - I may have some time to work out there if the sun shines!  The morning sun warms the room enough to work a little unless the outside air is below freezing.  We are supposed to have a few warmer days next week, if the forecast doesn't change again!!  He is out from under foot since he can drive again.  He gave up the cane after 2 weeks.  This new surgery that doesn't cut muscles is a miracle.  His other hip 2 years ago took much longer.

Your quilt will make a wonderful man's quilt.  I have thought of using up some sash with that pattern, but haven't had the time to even look through my fabrics yet.

I like your sink and stove.  When we were first married my sink was dishpans on a table in the dining room and my stove was a hot plate, toaster, and toaster oven.  I washed clothes in the bathtub upstairs.  Since I used a scrub board and washtub at times in my youth, it was no problem to me.  Having to do that a few years later when our water froze underground for most of one winter, wasn't so easy.  We had 2 babies in diapers at the time.  That next spring we had our well drilled.  The old rusty pipes from the barn weren't so reliable any more.

Good luck with your kitchen.  I hope the walls are ready when the cabinets arrive.

Marsha - Western New York

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,717
Points 38,350
ls2116 replied on Wed, Nov 20 2013 8:07 PM | Locked

One of these days I'll get back to sewing maybe when i can find my sewing room.  Lately just been to busy with running errands like today took my car in for oil change and tires after it almost wouldn't start for me, you guessed it need a battery too.  Get to the car place they did my oil change but I have to schedule appt for other stuff.  priorities right got to fix car so i can complete xmas shopping, dr. visits always something .

Quilting My Rainbow

Page 145 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 143 144 145 146 147 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use