Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 144 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 142 143 144 145 146 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,421
Points 415,844
gini replied on Sat, Nov 16 2013 7:46 PM | Locked

Quiltmania has started publishing books of their patterns,  I bought a few today,  sigh

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,587
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Sat, Nov 16 2013 8:02 PM | Locked

Whoopee...my two oldest grandsons took first place in their respective divisions at the Mixed Martial Arts Tournament in Sparks.  I forgot to take my camera with me, :( but DD2 and DSIL took some great pictures, I'm sure and maybe I'll get a chance to share them on FB.

Before we left for the tournament, I managed to get the pieces cut, sewn and trimmed for the side 2 border of my MQ9.  Maybe I can actually put the row together and get side 2 on tonight before I go to bed.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Nov 16 2013 8:54 PM | Locked

MNgutsygal :
He will get it for Christmas :-) Happy dance. 

Woohoo, Deb!  What a good feeling!

Hey, I'm going to send you a PM.  Look for it.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,679
Points 120,550
Judy Taylor-Bellingham replied on Sat, Nov 16 2013 9:29 PM | Locked

MNGutsygal, Deb your dad will love it. Pictures, be sure to post pictures when you get it back from the quilter. How exciting!

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,421
Points 415,844
gini replied on Sun, Nov 17 2013 12:41 AM | Locked

Congratulations to gramma on getting those boys to their practices and metes so they could whoop up on some opponents.

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,587
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Sun, Nov 17 2013 9:24 AM | Locked

Thank you, Gini, but sometimes Gramma just feels like a taxi cab and a credit card.  But, I am proud of how far the boys have come and actually stuck with it.  They gave up baseball and soccer after one or two seasons...I guess they just have to find their niche.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,421
Points 415,844
gini replied on Sun, Nov 17 2013 11:46 AM | Locked

Happy dance, for sure, deb.  Way to go on finishing.

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,761
Points 66,995
Bonita replied on Sun, Nov 17 2013 2:35 PM | Locked

Karla, congrats to theDGS on their wins. Tell them you want a ribbon too for all did for them.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,516
Points 25,360
Debbie replied on Sun, Nov 17 2013 4:37 PM | Locked

back earlier in the year, I decided since I needed one more stocking for newest grandson, I would make all ours (14) this year.  so started on them and then got busy with other stuff but found them and wow!  it's already almost Thanksgiving, I better get these finished.  So worked on them yesterday and have all the fronts done, then bought fleece for the backs and cuffs today but need to find someone to embroider names on them.  

Also, made three more Christmas pillowcases.   

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,587
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Sun, Nov 17 2013 4:39 PM | Locked

Did a little sewing, but now getting ready for dinner for DD1's birthday.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Sun, Nov 17 2013 7:27 PM | Locked

My DH nephew and his wife just had their first child. Prepared for a girl (I would hate being told) had a boy. Lots of unused pink in that house. 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,755
Points 38,915
ls2116 replied on Mon, Nov 18 2013 9:44 AM | Locked

Had fun at DD yesterday!  It ended up to be a repair job on SIL suit.   Pockets seam ripped 1/2 way down thigh and vest.  ended up we did the repair as tag team I wouldn't have her start on pockets but she did wind the bobbins for me and i did have her sewing seams on vest after I pulled it inside out so thats a start.  I told SIL if pocket rip again to trash them because it was thier second repair job by me.

Now I'm thinking xmas DD wants a multi server teapot not for stovetop my search is on.  MY DS wants a 50" flat screen tv I'm going to have to improvise on that one.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,349
Points 28,485
Marsha-SM replied on Mon, Nov 18 2013 10:09 AM | Locked

Karla:

Today I shall spend my day at a Mixed Martial Arts Tournament...my three oldest grandsons will be participating and I'm just praying that we will all come home without any serious injuries,  

Karla, I know how you feel!!  Wrestling is the sport of choice in our family.  I couldn't stand to watch our boys wrestle, and our grandsons have been wrestling since they were very young.  Our son has been volunteer coach and trainer of the younger boys in our area.  He misses it now that he works all the way across the country in Arizona and can't be part of the wrestling program.  One grandson is now wrestling at the college level and his brother is a senior in highschool and his matches start soon - around Thanksgiving time.  I have not watched either them wrestle either.  It was more than enough to collect our sons from the hospital when such things as illegal choke holds went wrong, or a knee or shoulder was twisted a little too much!!!  These always happened at away matches, so I found hospitals that were new to me in the process.

Good luck to your grandsons and hope there were no mishaps.

Marsha - Western New York

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,587
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Mon, Nov 18 2013 10:10 AM | Locked

Beautiful sunshine this morning, but cold.  Today is going to be a sewing day...even though we need to steam clean the carpets before Thanksgiving.  Just hope that DH doesn't pick today to do that as I need to get the final side of my pieced border on MQ9 and get some Loyal Union Sampler blocks made up.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Mon, Nov 18 2013 4:45 PM | Locked

Woofda. What a day. Had take DS to an appointment in the city.  We did the holiday shopping while we were there,  got my glasses "repaired", and stocked up on chicken feed. The highlight of the day was stopping at JoAnnes. DS is so much fun to have in that store. He keeps me giggling. 

I actually ended up buying new frames  for my glasses because the tech was too dang dumb to figure out how to change the busted bow. Somehow she had it in her head she should just change the broken hinge... *sigh* . The new ones are  not properly fitted but at least they're in one piece.

When we got home DH was fuming because the dog had taken off again. I'll be so glad when hunting season is over and yummy smells aren't leading her to trouble. 

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Page 144 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 142 143 144 145 146 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use