Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 142 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 140 141 142 143 144 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Wed, Nov 13 2013 9:35 PM | Locked

yeah..That's what i said, too Jacy. LOL

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Wed, Nov 13 2013 10:30 PM | Locked

Sheesh, in my world on sale fabric is 10/meter!  I didn't want to shop for fabric, lord knows I have enough, but it was next door to the antique store and the wind pushed me in!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,474
Points 116,870
Judy Taylor-Bellingham replied on Wed, Nov 13 2013 11:09 PM | Locked

Beautiful fabrics Vivian. I have some of those.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,671
Points 37,670
ls2116 replied on Wed, Nov 13 2013 11:59 PM | Locked

I had great time at the circus!  I couldn't believe the lion tamer even got a kiss!  I'm sure wound up and tuckered out at same time.  I think I'll be starting my quilting on mq9 tomorow.  Happy quilt dreams.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Thu, Nov 14 2013 10:07 AM | Locked

Glad you enjoyed the circus...I went a couple of years ago with the grands.  Fun time, brought back memories of childhood.

Today I am hoping to get a chance to start on the borders for my MQ9...but it might take a trip to the LQS to buy more fabric...if they happen to have what I'm looking for, but if not, I know I'll find something there that I can't live without.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, Nov 14 2013 12:14 PM | Locked

Sad to see a quilt shop close, but fun to buy fabric at a savings!

I like your selections, CC - especially the mint green and coral red, if those colors are coming across correctly in this indoor picture.  Hat Shop?  Are you into making hats?  That might be fun to try for the bazaar next year.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,362
Points 415,009
gini replied on Thu, Nov 14 2013 12:33 PM | Locked

the last time i went to a circus, anna was 2 or three.  at the end of the performances, you could go down and get elephant rides , hold a python, etc.   we did all the stuff with the kids, started to gather them up to go home,  no anna,  

panic set in.   we found her standing with another family helping hold the snake and getting her picture taken, once again.   and the family who were paying for the family/snake picture were not unhappy at all to have an extra unknown kid in the picture with them. .

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Thu, Nov 14 2013 12:37 PM | Locked

I guess I get to sew today...spent most of yesterday doing yard work.  Planted a bunch of bulbs that I had left over from last fall...might not be any good, but if any of them come up, all the better.  The option was to just toss them in the garbage, but since there were so many of them, maybe a few will sprout.

And today, since I finally got the A-6 Augusta block acceptable, maybe I can start on the border for MQ9, but that'll take a trip to the LQS...and I also need to go and buy dog food which is a trip to either Costco (a 40 mile drive) or WalMart, only about 3 miles away.  I think WalMart will win out on this one...since I don't feel like driving today.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 312
Points 7,115
didash replied on Fri, Nov 15 2013 7:48 AM | Locked

Karla:

I guess I get to sew today...spent most of yesterday doing yard work.  Planted a bunch of bulbs that I had left over from last fall...might not be any good, but if any of them come up, all the better.  The option was to just toss them in the garbage, but since there were so many of them, maybe a few will sprout.

Karla, a couple of years ago I planted some gladiolus bulbs that I had bought from my niece (school fund-raiser)  at LEAST 6 yrs earlier -  tucked onto the back of a shelf, long forgotten.  I was AMAZED that they sprouted...and multiplied like rabbits!  Hoping you are as lucky!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Fri, Nov 15 2013 10:03 AM | Locked

Unless there are in plastic, it seems like they last forever 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Fri, Nov 15 2013 5:13 PM | Locked

ARGH!! Laptop crashed this AM so now I am back to using the old SLO-O-OW machine. It took two hours just to go through the start up  and I won't go into how long it's taken to connect to the internet ... BUt I am here. Sorta. I hope.

No Nancy, the colors in the pic didn't come out well.  (It's a Low light indoor picture.) I'm sorry. The fabrics are all bright. Royal Purple; Saphire;Sky Blue; Coral orange;Tangerene (2 prints - one more pinkish and one more yellow); Lime and Kelly Green.  Then the fat 1/4s are  Magenta, Indigo Blue, and 2 Sagey green/salmon/peach blends, one with black and one without.  They make me think of the Tropics and rainbow sorbet.  Nice things to think of on a cold grey winter day...

Hats. Aw Yes.Hats. Last Christmas Santa brought each of the bigs new fleece hats. Mom had an aweful time finding a pattern so i made my own. I couldn't very well measure heads. As such one is too small, one is too big and one is Ju-ust right. Then this summer, DS decided he needed a flatcap he found at a garage sale. And you all know how DD loves vintage clothes - including hats... so whe I saw the book... well. It was $4. I couldn't go wrong. Now I just gotta make some.

DD is getting her portrait done tomorrow. Her Un-Granpa just bought himself a new camera and wants to play with the new toy. DD has all of those over the top formal gowns she wants to play with, so-o.... Should be a fun morning!

Dh is treating me to dinner out tonight. I haven't had a date night in months. I'm so excited!!  Everytime we sneak off for some just the two of us time it's an epic fail... Wonder what advanture is in store for us this evening??  That said, I'd better go get fluffed and buffed.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Fri, Nov 15 2013 5:16 PM | Locked

CC you always make me smile.  You have a way with words. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,504
Points 50,725
Ginny replied on Fri, Nov 15 2013 5:58 PM | Locked

Well---- I have needs for prayers for my nephew.   He developed sudden back pain and needed help getting out of his truck when he got home from work.  His SO took him to ER, they did a Ct scan and didn't find anything , so sent him home on muscle relaxers.  Well the next day he was worse and could get out of van or stand. Crawled into the house and loaded up on muscle relaxers with no relief.  Ems friends put him on back board and took him to ER again.  MRI showed a fracture of his back due to a cancer!!!  He had to have immediate surgery and now can't use his legs or feet.  He has to go by ambulance 5 days a week for radiation  tx. at another facility.  He is also on very high dose steroids right now.  They have told him that the xrays show the remaining tumor has shrunk almost away.  Now they are going to start reducing the steroids to see if he gets more feeling in his legs.  He is in an upper body brace and using a wheelchair to get around some.  He is planning on going home on the 23rd.  He refuses to go to a rehab facility, so the plan is for therapy at home 3 days a week.  Right now, he is planning on walking again some day, but the prognosis is guarded at this point.  He will eventually have to go on disability/.  In the meantime, he and his SO have gotten married while he was in the hospital.  Now he can be on her insurance, which he didn't have.  Please pray that his hopes and desires come true.  He is aware that he may be confined to the wheelchair from now on, but is working to become independent.  He is a very strong and focused person, we just pray that his wishes come true for him.     Ginny

• | Post Points: 50
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 382
Points 6,560
Phyllis replied on Fri, Nov 15 2013 7:50 PM | Locked

Will certainly keep him in m prayers, Ginny.  Keep us posted.

Bonner Springs, Kansas

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,687
Points 66,040
Bonita replied on Fri, Nov 15 2013 8:15 PM | Locked

So sorry Ginny. Will keep him my prayers.

Page 142 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 140 141 142 143 144 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use