Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 140 of 221 (3311 items) « First ... < Previous 138 139 140 141 142 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,310 Replies | 66 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,048
Points 169,898
Marie replied on Mon, Nov 11 2013 10:06 AM

Welcome Aurora, glad you decided to give quilting a go again.  Sounds like you're ready to really get into it now.  We'd love to see the wall hanging that got you started.  Wish you many happy hours in your new sewing area in your new home.  Please share pics.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,576
Points 36,070
ls2116 replied on Mon, Nov 11 2013 10:10 AM

Between my DS and I new computer is up and running.  Heading out to Joann' fabrics today.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,135
Karla replied on Mon, Nov 11 2013 10:13 AM

Heading out to a free breakfast for the two veteran's in my family....don't know what the rest of the day will bring yet.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,048
Points 169,898
Marie replied on Mon, Nov 11 2013 10:13 AM

Looks like a Janome advertisement, Leslie!  I love your little felted project, nice work!  Keep on sharing what you do with both machines, you'll be able to make some Christmas napkins with your serger, how exciting for you.

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,220
Points 41,005
Donna B replied on Mon, Nov 11 2013 11:09 AM

Patti:

MNnancy:
I think our skunks are all in hibernation already.  Want me to send some cold air your way?

I am so glad to hear that they hibernate.  It won't be long now.   No need to send your cold air.

Patti, not so fast.  According to biologists skunks do not truly hibernate.  However in the coldest weather they do close up their burrows and sleep a lot.  But it is not true hibernation.  On sunny "warmish" day during the winter they will come out and hunt for food.  I wondered, because we have seen them and their tracks (with an expert) in the winter.

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,220
Points 41,005
Donna B replied on Mon, Nov 11 2013 11:16 AM

Karla:

Our wildlife consists of deer occasionally, coyotes, and jack rabbits.  But the most beautiful wildlife we have are the wild mustangs...they are all over and at times we can watch them from our back yard.  

Karla, I would love to see the wild mustangs!  That must be an awesome sight!  Last summer, we had planned to go to the Steen Mountain area of south central Oregon specifically hoping to see the band of wild "Keiger" mustangs that range there.  They are an isolated strain - believed to be the descendants of horses with the early Spanish explorers.

We didn't make it last summer (life got in the way)...but hopefully this next summer.

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,135
Karla replied on Mon, Nov 11 2013 2:41 PM

They are beautiful...we have a herd of about 10-20 that run near here, sometimes as close as the field behind us...but most of the time I see them near they LQS which is at the base of the foothills that surround our little valley.  Their water supply however is the canal that runs right behind our house.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,642
Points 61,860
Jacy replied on Mon, Nov 11 2013 3:47 PM

Well this upcoming wedding is lots of work!.Lots of family are coming from out of town, some 10 days before the wedding. The next 5 weeks are going to be crazy. I was worried how I would find time to shop and get ready for Christmas for all my kids with all that is going on, but now i've found a great solution. We are going to surprise the kids Christmas morning with the news that we are going to the Oregon Coast for a few days, to the place we had the quilt retreat at. Much less stressful!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,119
Points 110,660

Jacy:
for all my kids with all that is going on, but now i've found a great solution. We are going to surprise the kids Christmas morning with the news that we are going to the Oregon Coast for a few days, to the place we had the quilt retreat at. Much less stressful!

That's great Jacy. I remember you talking about that possibility. What a wonderful place to take a family.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,034
Points 108,660
chocake2 replied on Mon, Nov 11 2013 4:32 PM

Debbie:
CC - what is the pattern on your cancer quilt?
Ah-hA!! I finally found it, Debbie!  The pattern is in the Jan/Feb 2003 issue of Quiltmaker Margazine. They called it "Facets" and it's on page 18.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,034
Points 108,660
chocake2 replied on Mon, Nov 11 2013 4:35 PM

Jacy:
. We are going to surprise the kids Christmas morning with the news that we are going to the Oregon Coast for a few days
 SA-Weet!! What a  wonderful gift. I can already picture the boys picking beach rocks. 

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,117
Points 411,074
gini replied on Mon, Nov 11 2013 5:24 PM

What a great christmas you will have, jacy

cc I pm'd you

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,642
Points 61,860
Jacy replied on Mon, Nov 11 2013 5:33 PM

gini:
What a great christmas you will have, jacy

Yes I think it's going to be fun after the stress of the weeks before. Pack up some warm clothes, groceries and beach toys and we'll be set. CC, you are right, those boys are going to have a blast hunting up rocks, shells, treasures. I know Riley will not be able to stay away from the water, and when they are cold and wet, they can just come back inside and dry off/warm up. I may even get some hand-sewing time in too, as well as some exercise walking up and down the beach.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,299
Points 45,925
Angele replied on Mon, Nov 11 2013 8:58 PM

What a weekend!  My friends and I spent a quilting weekend from Friday afternoon till tonight. I managed to finish two quilts and begin two more baby quilts. Next step is to quilt them and then I can start on Christmas gifts. I'm knitting socks for friends and will make hats too.. 

CC great picture of Sprout...and very nice quilt too.

It took me an hour to catch up to all of you. Leslie I'm quite envious of your new machines.  Your flower looks so delicate.  

Max, arguing with DH on renovations could be an Olympic sport!  I keep telling DH that I know what I need in the kitchen and bathroom, but he doesn't get it unless I explain in details..it requires so much energy!

i loved seeing the pictures and I know I missed some important stuff.  Oh and we has s€#w since Friday. And it is cold. As we were standing at the cenotaph for the Remembrance Day ceremony, the sun was so bright but brrrr, baby it was cold!

Angèle  from NWO

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,220
Points 41,005
Donna B replied on Mon, Nov 11 2013 9:10 PM

Jacy, that is a great idea!  The kids will love it and its sure to take some of the stress off for you (and DH).  

Winthrop, WA

Page 140 of 221 (3311 items) « First ... < Previous 138 139 140 141 142 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use