Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 139 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 137 138 139 140 141 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 13
Points 170
Aurora replied on Sun, Nov 10 2013 5:08 PM | Locked

Leslie, it is wonderful to have daughters with similar interests :)

Aurora from the beautiful Bighorn Mountains in Wyoming

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,399
Points 119,586
Patti replied on Sun, Nov 10 2013 5:31 PM | Locked

yesterday I dried another batch of apples, made applesauce, and then dumped the peals and the bland red delicious out in the yard.  It's the only time we feed the deer.  Today I looked out to see the deer and something else was there eating the apples too.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Sun, Nov 10 2013 5:53 PM | Locked

Thanks Aurora,  and welcome to the club

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,761
Points 66,995
Bonita replied on Sun, Nov 10 2013 6:13 PM | Locked

Lesley:

We are off to Florida, Key West, Miami, Orlando and Sarasota. Lots to do so will be busy and fun packed!

xxx

Lesley, as you travel the FL turnpike or I-95 and you see the exit for Pompano give a big wave. Remember the slogan Keep Florida Green bring lots of money. : )

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sun, Nov 10 2013 6:38 PM | Locked

AW!! Patti what a pretty visitor!!   We had Huns and a *** Pheasant in to eat our apples. Jenni thinks they are the worst sort of invadors and barks her fool head off at them.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 794
Points 12,820
Quiltless replied on Sun, Nov 10 2013 6:40 PM | Locked

I didn't know Pepé Le Pew liked apples.

The possum in our yard liked the pumpkin left over from Halloween.  The racoon family likes dog food and baked things like bread, biscuits or crackers.    The feral kitty likes cat food or dog food - it doesn't matter much.  The dozen doves, murder of crows and Blue Jays like the corn - but not at the same time.  The Finches like small seeds.  Somebody likes sunflower seeds, but I don't know who.  The wrinkled grape tomatoes are always a hit.  There was a rumble outside amongst them over a couple of pieces of left over corn on the cob -- including the cobs!   I don't know who won.    The racoons are bold and come to look in the windows -- right at our dog -- when the food runs out.  The dog relays the message to my husband, who is well trained by the menagerie to provide more food upon demand!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, Nov 10 2013 9:28 PM | Locked

Aurora:
would really like to give it to GD then, and take a photo with the two of us and the quilt. I think this will help her remember me when I am far away.

Aurora, your picture idea sounds perfect!  Here's another thought - take a picture of yourself, print it on photo fabric and then use that to make the label for this quilt.  Everytime GD grabs her "blankie," she'll see your picture on the back.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, Nov 10 2013 9:30 PM | Locked

Patti, I think our skunks are all in hibernation already.  Want me to send some cold air your way?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,761
Points 66,995
Bonita replied on Sun, Nov 10 2013 10:38 PM | Locked

Wow Patti, he looks like he ready to fire with his tail up . I envy you living where you do , so much beauty. But only not in the winter ,to cold for me now.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,399
Points 119,586
Patti replied on Mon, Nov 11 2013 8:20 AM | Locked

MNnancy:
I think our skunks are all in hibernation already.  Want me to send some cold air your way?

I am so glad to hear that they hibernate.  It won't be long now.   No need to send your cold air.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,399
Points 119,586
Patti replied on Mon, Nov 11 2013 8:32 AM | Locked

Kathy:
racoon family

racoons can be cute, but they are very messy.  Not so much in the way they eat, but the end result.  My parents lived on Hood Canal, and the racoons would come up every night, leaving a mess on the steps.  They were so clever at figuring out how to get in the garbage cans.  At our place now, only once did we have racoons.  They came and got in the garbage a couple nights in a row, and then they never came back.  Now the bears, they came back, so we got a "growler can" a bear proof garbage can. 

But I do love seeing the wildlife.  One of my favorites is the weasel.  They are so cute.  Love to see them in the winter, little black dot hopping through the snow. 

There have been a lot of cougar sitings in the neighbor hood this year, twice on our property.  And it is only a matter of time before the wolves reach our valley.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 905
Points 16,770
Patricia Faye replied on Mon, Nov 11 2013 9:29 AM | Locked

Aurora:

Patricia Faye, I certainly hope you get rain. I grew up in Central Texas and have family there.

What method will you use to quilt your 4 tops?

I was born & lived in the Coastal area (El Campo) until I was about 14 then we moved to the San Antonio area.  I've lived in HAwaii & Maryland but always seem to come back to this area.  Now Lake Hills (Medina Lake) is my favorite of them all.  Most of my relatives live between Houston & Corpus Christi so I get to see them often.  Only my 2 kids live too far away to see as often as I'd like.  My son & his wife are in Arizona with the Army until February & then who knows where they'll go & my daughter, her husband & my granddaughter live in Severn, Maryland (going to see them for a month on 1/29/14).

I quilt on my domestic sewing machine.  I"m still working on my FMQ and not doing bad.  Practice makes perfect & I have a lot of things to practice on!   Sometimes I use my walking foot and simply stitch in the ditch.  It all depends on the quilt & how I feel! 

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Mon, Nov 11 2013 9:42 AM | Locked

Patti:
And it is only a matter of time before the wolves reach our valley
Our pack is back. The usually move further up the mountain in the summer, but by winter they are pestering live-stock again. We have to really watch Jenni so she doesn't get out of the yard, as she's already been mistaken for a wolf and shot at once. (Have you ever seen wolf wears a collar???? Geez, People. If she's so far away you need a scoped rifle to get the shot, you have the optics to tell the difference!)

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,451
Points 176,373
Marie replied on Mon, Nov 11 2013 9:59 AM | Locked

Bonita, your DGDers are beautiful!  So sweet!

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,587
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Mon, Nov 11 2013 10:04 AM | Locked

Our wildlife consists of deer occasionally, coyotes, and jack rabbits.  But the most beautiful wildlife we have are the wild mustangs...they are all over and at times we can watch them from our back yard.  

Page 139 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 137 138 139 140 141 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use