Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 138 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 136 137 138 139 140 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Sat, Nov 9 2013 11:40 PM | Locked

Aurora

Welcome...hope you drop in and chat with us frequently,.   There are usually people chatting all the time.  I had problems getting onto the site today.   They say they are changing servers and that is what causes the down times.   Hope they get the issues fixed soon.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,406
Points 415,664
gini replied on Sun, Nov 10 2013 2:58 AM | Locked

hi aurora,  this a fun group to hang out with.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022
Leslie replied on Sun, Nov 10 2013 5:37 AM | Locked

Nana, I have been looking at this machine for awhile now, so far so good.  Yeah both of my DD have asked for scarfs lol

[Ava, Missouri

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 901
Points 16,685
Patricia Faye replied on Sun, Nov 10 2013 10:27 AM | Locked

Interesting information about felting!  

We are having another dreary day here in the Hill Country of Texas.  I wish it would just rain & rain!  We need it desperately since we are still in a drought situation.  Our little lake (Medina Lake) is almost gone…so sad.  My DH said we are definitely scheduled for some torrential rains sometime in the future to fill it up again. He said this happens every 5 - 10 yrs. Too dreary a day to work out in the yard/garden, so off to my sewing room.

Today I plan to sandwich 4  quilts I have  stacked on a chair so they are ready to quilt.  If I put them away, they tend to be forgotten & become UFOs.   My goal is to finish these before the end of the year so I have fewer UFOs to carry over into the new year!  I have other projects in the works too but these are a priority!  

Have a great day everyone!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sun, Nov 10 2013 11:10 AM | Locked

Patricia I have friends in the Piney woods who are complaining about all the rain they are getting. JUst tell 'em to send it a little further west and you'll be set!

It's s**wing here. blech.

Cotton capers is having a huge pre-closing sale. Everything is marked down. i just checked and she's got batiks for less then $8yd on line. Prices are supposed to be even better in the shop. 

I'm slow to get going today. Think I caught the cold that's been going around. Poop.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,585
Points 75,810
Karla replied on Sun, Nov 10 2013 1:17 PM | Locked

Got the oldest DGS here today, but he is no problem.  Spends his day either on the computer (he brings his own) or out fooling with his truck.

As for me, I'm working on the one Loyal Union Sampler block I have left to catch up...so will be ready for the next assignment on Tuesday.  Have a migraine today, and hubby is cleaning guns (and the gun cleaner isn't helping my headache any), but I will survive.  Took Excedrin for migraines and hope to catch it before it becomes full blown.  

Beautiful weather today, but I'm not going to venture out to the yard work...just not interested in it today.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,613
Points 119,405
Judy Taylor-Bellingham replied on Sun, Nov 10 2013 2:17 PM | Locked

Karla, good luck with your migraine. Can't be much fun as I'm sure Kris will attest. Send your hubby outside the house to clean his guns.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,585
Points 75,810
Karla replied on Sun, Nov 10 2013 2:47 PM | Locked

Judy T-Bellingham:

Karla, good luck with your migraine. Can't be much fun as I'm sure Kris will attest. Send your hubby outside the house to clean his guns.

I would, but we've buttoned up all of the outdoor furniture for the winter with the first snow we got.  I think he's just getting me back for when I spray the basting spray on things....in the summer I take it outside, but in the winter, I use it in the laundry room, but even the "no odor" stuff permeates the house.  I'll survive, I think.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 901
Points 16,685
Patricia Faye replied on Sun, Nov 10 2013 2:56 PM | Locked

chocake2:

Patricia I have friends in the Piney woods who are complaining about all the rain they are getting. JUst tell 'em to send it a little further west and you'll be set!

It's s**wing here. belch.

I have a DS in Magnolia & another in Victoria and they are always getting rain!  I keep trying to get them to send it our way, but when it does rain around here, it usually bypasses us!  

We continue to pray for rain!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 901
Points 16,685
Patricia Faye replied on Sun, Nov 10 2013 2:56 PM | Locked

chocake2:

It's s**wing here. belch.

I have a DS in Magnolia & another in Victoria and they are always getting rain!  I keep trying to get them to send it our way, but when it does rain around here, it usually bypasses us!  

We continue to pray for rain!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 265
Points 4,945
Lesley replied on Sun, Nov 10 2013 3:42 PM | Locked

We are off to Florida, Key West, Miami, Orlando and Sarasota. Lots to do so will be busy and fun packed!

xxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,553
Points 139,418
Stephanie replied on Sun, Nov 10 2013 4:04 PM | Locked

Leslie :

Here is a pic of my new serger and felter and pic of the front and back of what I have been playing around with on the felter

Too cool Leslie. So many possibilities with this felting machine. Have fun!!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022
Leslie replied on Sun, Nov 10 2013 4:16 PM | Locked

Thanks Stephanie.   My girls are coming up with a lot of things they want me to try, I told them to try it themselves,  but now i'm afraid I may loose my machine lol

[Ava, Missouri

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 13
Points 170
Aurora replied on Sun, Nov 10 2013 4:18 PM | Locked

Patricia Faye, I certainly hope you get rain. I grew up in Central Texas and have family there.

What method will you use to quilt your 4 tops?

Aurora from the beautiful Bighorn Mountains in Wyoming

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 13
Points 170
Aurora replied on Sun, Nov 10 2013 5:07 PM | Locked

Thanks to so many of you for your friendly hellos.

Got back from church and done with cleaning up lunch. 

Now to try my hand at cutting and making iron-on teddy bear appliqué. My pattern from Baby Quilts magazine calls for 9 of them. I have had such a mental-block against making this quilt! Maybe because of only doing a rail-fence pattern before, maybe because of going through a long period of moving and becoming re-settled, maybe because I worry that my daughter-in-law won't feel the color scheme matches the bedroom, maybe because of waiting so long before they were able to conceive (5 yrs) and dreaming of making the perfect grandchild quilt, maybe because I only foggily remember what was taught in my (very thorough) class 4 yrs ago.

i have decided to just get over it and make the thing, my DIL is actually very easy-going and will like whatever I turn out. I will be visiting them in Florida in Dec and would really like to give it to GD then, and take a photo with the two of us and the quilt. I think this will help her remember me when I am far away. I think she would be fine with it being tied, which is so much faster.

So, today's goal is cut and make 3 teddy blocks, I'd be thrilled if I could make all 9 by bedtime. 

So, how do you cut these things? The teddy is fairly simple and rounded fitting a 10" block. I figured I would make a stack of 3 fabrics, each with a teddy pattern (copier paper-kinda stiff) pinned on top. I'd try cutting one stack with my 45mm (only) blade, one stack with scissors. Whichever works best, I will use to cut the third stack. I'm kinda wondering if this is what those tiny blades are used for?

i have the latest, greatest iron-on stuff and saw a you-tube for how to apply, so Ill hope to get all 9 done, but will not be disappointed with 3 cause I feel like I'm all thumbs, haven't touched a machine or fabric in ages.

Here goes...

Aurora from the beautiful Bighorn Mountains in Wyoming

Page 138 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 136 137 138 139 140 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use