Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 137 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 135 136 137 138 139 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Nov 9 2013 3:41 PM | Locked

Lesley:
Only 8 night sleeps until we fly to your wonderful country.

Hey Lesley, where are you going on your vacation?  

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Nov 9 2013 4:01 PM | Locked

I'm beat!  I've spent the last two days at church working on the bazaar.  Yesterday we set up and today we sold and then had to take everything back down in preparation for services tomorrow.  

My chicken pincushions flew the coop quickly.  I marked them for $9 and maybe could have gone a bit higher.  The "Bitty Bags" with all the pockets and zippers sold out at $18.  "Suzy's Sack," the simpler small purse, didn't sell well at all at $9.  The luggage tags mostly sold out at $3.50 each - only the pastel ones remain - people want bright and bold to identify their luggage.  The fabric Christmas star ornaments went so-so at $2.50.  Randy was pleased that his wood box sold quickly.  We marked it for $35, so probably could have gone higher.

I think the bazaar made the most money on candies and baked goods.  Surprisingly, aprons and baby bibs did not do well.  Table runners were popular, but placemats were so-so.  Knit scarves and caps were hot.  Barn wood creches were very popular.

What else is selling well at bazaars you all are involved in?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 13
Points 170
Aurora replied on Sat, Nov 9 2013 4:21 PM | Locked

Well, I have learned how to use QCA, looked at many baby quilts in the Gallery, joined some groups and I hope gotten revved up to try quilting again.

About 4 years ago I took a beginning quilting class. Made a wall hanging top I love, but its never been finished :/   However, this did not slow me up on collecting all sorts of fabric and patterns ;). I think it's a good use of money just because I love looking at the fabrics, colors and designs!

Just got a sewing area set up at my new home and am going to have another go at getting comfortable with sewing and quilting :)

Aurora from the beautiful Bighorn Mountains in Wyoming

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,077
Leslie replied on Sat, Nov 9 2013 8:51 PM | Locked

MNnancy:

Leslie, a felting machine???  That's something new to me, so I did a Google search, and in addition to ads promoting particular brands of felting machines, I came across this video.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pc59ntPPkA

This gal is very talented and creative - artsy!  Is this the type of work you intend to use your machine for?  Will you do it commercially or just for your own use?  You'll have to bring along some of your creations to the Branson retreat.

Oh I don't know Nancy, I have been playing with it some.  It is just for my personal use, just another toy I thought I needed LOL  a lot of things you can do with it

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Nov 9 2013 8:53 PM | Locked

Leslie, what brand did you get?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,077
Leslie replied on Sat, Nov 9 2013 8:56 PM | Locked

Nancy, I bought the  Janome, I will see if I can find my camera, and show you what I have piddled around with today

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,077
Leslie replied on Sat, Nov 9 2013 9:23 PM | Locked

Here is a pic of my new serger and felter and pic of the front and back of what I have been playing around with on the felter

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,077
Leslie replied on Sat, Nov 9 2013 9:27 PM | Locked

this is the back

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Nov 9 2013 9:28 PM | Locked

A "sewing" machine that uses no thread!  I will be interested in seeing how your work evolves on that.  Interesting possibilities. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Nov 9 2013 9:30 PM | Locked

From the back, it looks like a chalk drawing.  Will you add artistic flourishes with fabric paints or pens?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,077
Leslie replied on Sat, Nov 9 2013 9:34 PM | Locked

There are a lot of possibilities,   I will need to buy some different textiles to use and see where my imagination takes me   Oooh that is scary lol,  I will bring it to Branson and you can play with it

[Ava, Missouri

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sat, Nov 9 2013 10:16 PM | Locked

Aurora:

Well, I have learned how to use QCA, looked at many baby quilts in the Gallery, joined some groups and I hope gotten revved up to try quilting again.

About 4 years ago I took a beginning quilting class. Made a wall hanging top I love, but its never been finished :/   However, this did not slow me up on collecting all sorts of fabric and patterns ;). I think it's a good use of money just because I love looking at the fabrics, colors and designs!

Just got a sewing area set up at my new home and am going to have another go at getting comfortable with sewing and quilting :)

Aurora, welcome to QCA!  It's unusually quiet on here today so don't be discouraged.  We are usually a very chatty group and I am sure you will enjoy meeting all the characters on here...lol!  Seriously, there is a wealth of knowledge here, so be sure and ask any questions you may have...day or night. We have members around the globe (some late night quilters and early birds too), so no matter the time, someone is usually on here to give you support and help until an answer comes along.  

And be sure to post pictures of your projects!  We love to see pictures of quilts!!!  Also, be prepared...we are a bunch of enablers when it comes to fabric...LOL!

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Sat, Nov 9 2013 10:25 PM | Locked

Welcome Aurora.  It has been unusually quiet today, everybody must be really busy.  I've been gone all day with the 3 grandsons and TaeeKwonDo, but I'm usually on here off and on all day.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sat, Nov 9 2013 10:49 PM | Locked

HI Aurora. Welcome to the mad house.  ;-)

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,165
Nana replied on Sat, Nov 9 2013 11:38 PM | Locked

Leslie

I played around with hand felting a little.  Really liked the way the end result looked but found that the needles break constantly with the hand felter.   I think a felting machine would be loads of fun.  It would be great for making wool scarves and bags with a felted design.

Vinton, Virginia

Page 137 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 135 136 137 138 139 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use