Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 133 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 131 132 133 134 135 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985
MaxNTopeka replied on Wed, Nov 6 2013 2:53 PM | Locked

Vivian :

If he keeps going the way he is, not cooking Easter is looking pretty good to!!!

Easter is April 20th....you could be right!   I'm not taking bets on it!   And by then the weather should be about right to get back to painting the outside of the house. No rest for the wicked.

Bathtub dish washing isn't an option.  When I started having so much trouble stepping in/out of the tub we remodeled the bathroom and have a walk in shower.  DH has convinced me he can build a temporary frame for the kitchen sink when we remove the base cabinets. I should only be without a sink for one, maybe two days. I can live with that.  (He has already been advised he will be the one washing any dishes in the shower, so he has motivation to fix the sink quickly.)

"Missing my good cooking"  is not a motivating force.  I can open cans and boxes, add water and stir with the best of them.  But of all the things I may be 'famous' for, cooking is not on the list.  But DH is quite happy with a Mickey D to the west of us, and a Kava Java Coffeehouse to the north of us. Unfortunately, the pizza house burned down last month...that may be a problem. I love my microwave!

Nancy, you're right...it will be so nice when it is done!  And just think of all the fun DH and I will have working on it together in the meantime.  Making wonderful  memories!

Ya'll have a wonderful quilty day!  I'm back to lurking.  Max

PS:  here are pics of our temporary kitchen.  

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,531
Points 51,070
Ginny replied on Wed, Nov 6 2013 3:03 PM | Locked

Max, Sorry, all I can say is , "Oh my".  Cinnamon is looking better all of the time.    Have fun, but don't get too wicked.    Ginny

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Wed, Nov 6 2013 3:55 PM | Locked

MaxNTopeka:
here are pics of our temporary kitchen.  

Max, I'm just relieve you HAVE a temp kitchen and a guaranteed dishwasher (human type...lol).

Enjoy the precious moments and I am sure you will love your beautiful new kitchen!

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,585
Points 75,810
Karla replied on Wed, Nov 6 2013 4:26 PM | Locked

I need a new kitchen, too, but most of all I need two new bathrooms, LOL.  One of these days.

Today, I spent most of the day raking leaves...we have 12 trees and yesterday's heavy frost brought most of them down upon the ground.  It is supposed to be windy tomorrow and if we didn't have a fence that most of them catch on, I would have let them blow right down the street.  The neighbors to our west have a big cottonwood, and we end up with most of those leaves, but it hasn't really started dropping them yet, so I see many more days of leaf raking coming my way.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Wed, Nov 6 2013 5:36 PM | Locked

Max, when you said "working on it together" and "making memories" I just about choked on my sandwich!!  Renovation memories are not usually fond ones !!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,485
Points 24,770
Debbie replied on Wed, Nov 6 2013 5:38 PM | Locked

Karla:
Today, I spent most of the day raking leaves...we have 12 trees

Karla - thankfully, we don't have that many but our back fence is up against a city park and there are 4 huge trees that all drop their leaves in my small backyard.  Our deck is covered and so is the backyard.  hopefully, grandsons will be down and rake when the leaves have all fallen.  I just don't see the sense in doing it twice.   

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,485
Points 24,770
Debbie replied on Wed, Nov 6 2013 5:40 PM | Locked

MaxNTopeka:
And just think of all the fun DH and I will have working on it together in the meantime.  Making wonderful  memories!

Max, I hope ya'll work better than DH and I at times.  Just remember to not both get mad at the same time and work it off.  Yes, can create some fun memories but I so agree - glad it's you and no me!!! 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,485
Points 24,770
Debbie replied on Wed, Nov 6 2013 5:41 PM | Locked

weezee56:
Hi Debbie, I really like your hair do. It looks really nice.

Thank you, Weezee.  I am enjoying how easy it is to take care of and all the compliments.  

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,485
Points 24,770
Debbie replied on Wed, Nov 6 2013 5:49 PM | Locked

Today, I worked on a table runner decided to make and take to DSIL & DDIL for Thanksgiving, using some of the Fall FQs.  I'll post a picture when I have it done, really hoping they'll like it.  also, started sewing some of the leftovers pieces from MQ9, not sure what I'll do with it yet, but have 8-10 blocks, 12 pinwheels and 84 3.5" squares so may just put it together into a quilt.  will see what it works into,

I find I still can't sit and sew long without shoulder blades hurting.  May have to rethink my chair, don't think I get enough back support and that may be why I hurt so bad. tonight's CMA Awards so sewing later could be an option.

Went back to dr for follow-up from surgery today.  Xrays looked good and but she wanted me to still only work half days through next week.  also, restrictions on lifting, pulling and pushing over 20 lbs.  go back in Jan and might still have to do some PT.    

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,406
Points 415,664
gini replied on Wed, Nov 6 2013 5:56 PM | Locked

Sam is off again until thanksgiving week.   I have kids to keep me occupied in the duration.

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Wed, Nov 6 2013 7:02 PM | Locked

Roxana:
I have found much more time for quilting now that I am retired than I did before. BUT, it took a while to learn to say NO

I need help.... How is that word "No" pronounced?  "Y-e-s?"  I only said it twice, and now somehow I never have time to quilt.  

I think I may have to pull an all-nighter tonight.  Church bazaar items need to be brought in tomorrow, and I'm still trying to get them done.  Today's distractions were a meeting for "Christmas in the Park" volunteers in town followed by a much needed leaf cleanup in my yard.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Wed, Nov 6 2013 7:19 PM | Locked

gini:
I have kids to keep me occupied in the duration.
If they fall down on the job, I'd be happy to lend you mine for a day or two...

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Wed, Nov 6 2013 7:32 PM | Locked

DH was a blessing today and kept Sprout entertained while i played with glass. he even built me a nice fire in the shop so I stayed toasty while I fiddled the afternoon away. What a love. 

I saw the county health nurse while I was in town yesterday and we got to giggling over Judy's 'lost body' at the retreat.  She asked me if I could do a few goddess' in pink for Breast cancer Awareness month. Obviously it's too late for this year, but I agreed...especially since I have a new transparent pink that I've wanted to use, but couldn't think of what I wanted to use it for. ("Seems odd that she has never even seen  one of those beads but she still came up with a great idea, and trusts me to do it well for her...) They'll be used for fund raising, either at auction or as part of the annual quilt raffle. Proceed go toward mammograms for low income women. With 11 months, there's lots of time to decide how make the most from them. 

Meantime my fabric order finally got here so I can maybe finish the cancer quilt this weekend. The intended recipient has taken a turn for the worse and they've stopped her chemo treatments  "until she's stronger".   ...  :(   

Max, when you're done on your kitchen, Send Hubby to do my bathroom. 

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Wed, Nov 6 2013 9:12 PM | Locked

Preparing for winter today.  I think the next snow will stay until March.  We have a lot of trees down we were going to use for firewood this year, but they are hard to get to, so we were going to have a small road put it, but it didn't happen. (the person who was going to do it has been ill.) So today I bought and stacked a couple cords.  Wood heat is not our primary source of heat, unless the power goes out.  Besides,  I love the radiant heat of a wood fire.

I have been thinking all day that it looked like it could snow.  I also have my winter tires on, so I am ready.

Maybe I will get to sew this weekend.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,796
Points 31,105
Roxana replied on Wed, Nov 6 2013 9:29 PM | Locked

MNnancy:

... a much needed leaf cleanup in my yard.

Nancy, I could have easily said NO to the leaf cleanup! They are still falling in Arkansas! 

I spent most of this year not saying NO to everyone who needed me that I finally just decided I was just going to focus more on what I wanted to do. That's given me time to quilt!

Page 133 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 131 132 133 134 135 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use