Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 132 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 130 131 132 133 134 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,488
Points 47,820
Frances replied on Tue, Nov 5 2013 1:36 PM | Locked

Max,

Good luck with the new kitchen, rather you than me love the thought of new kitchens but hate cleaning out all the cupboards.

lots of love

Francesxx

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,447
Points 24,085
Debbie replied on Tue, Nov 5 2013 1:41 PM | Locked

Ginny:
Enjoy the ladies event at church, Debbie.  I had to miss the one at my church.  It will be very uplifting, I am sure.

Haven't been on lately, just read what everyone else has posted.  Ginny, it was very uplifting and I'm glad I went but hurting by time I got home.  went back to work half days yesterday and that is tiresome.  4 hours isn't much time to get anything done but thankfully everyone is here and I'm not on the reference desk.  

Thank goodness Monday is Veteran's Day - DH gets it off but we're not closed so I take off anyway to enjoy the day with him.  we go out to grandson's school for Veteran's Day program and then get together with friends for the Annual Golden Corral Veteran's Meal.  They give a free meal to any veteran and it's lots of fun.  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,447
Points 24,085
Debbie replied on Tue, Nov 5 2013 1:42 PM | Locked

Mimi:
Right there with you Angele!! Only a year and 3/4 to go for me, you lucky lady.

yes, to be retired!  only 785 days for me - Dec 31, 2015! 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,488
Points 47,820
Frances replied on Tue, Nov 5 2013 1:47 PM | Locked

Its Guy Fawkes night tonight,

For those who dont know its when we celebrate the fact that Guido Fawkes didnt manage to blow up the houses of Parliament in 1605, we celebrate with bonfires and fireworks. The next door neighbours have fireworks in there garden which means one of our dogs is running round the house trying to escape it, the only good thing is since fireworks are quite expensive the neighbours wont have that many.

At school today the children were learning about Guy Fawkes and drawing firework pictures, they love it.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,504
Points 50,725
Ginny replied on Tue, Nov 5 2013 2:22 PM | Locked

Just so you know max, I don't envy you redoing your kitchen.  Been there done that in the 70's.  But I do prefer the cinnamon color.   Have fun.    Ginny

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Tue, Nov 5 2013 3:02 PM | Locked

Is there a reason you dismantled your old kitchen before ordering your new cabinets? Is your husband making them?  When we did our kitchen a few years ago we had the kitchen place come in and measure. 6 weeks to get them. A couple of weeks before they were due we gutted, moved walls for electrical and plumbing done and it still took three weeks.  Good thing it was summer.  

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,031
Points 15,770
weezee56 replied on Tue, Nov 5 2013 4:55 PM | Locked

Hi Debbie, I really like your hair do. It looks really nice.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985
MaxNTopeka replied on Tue, Nov 5 2013 11:48 PM | Locked

Vivian :
Is there a reason you dismantled your old kitchen before ordering your new cabinets?

Vivian, the best reason I can give you is DH decided 'it was time' to gut the kitchen to the studs.  He has great faith that the little 'details' of deciding type, style, color, etc. will fall into place as he goes along.  I, on the other hand, have survived four other kitchen remodels in my lifetime. (not with this DH.)  I know what is coming.   At least we/he has decided on the company that will build the cabinets, and the style.  He just hasn't agreed on the color, or exactly how many, or what sizes.  And he truly doesn't understand why I'm encouraging him to get those things decided.  Since we are doing the remodel work ourselves we can work on our own schedule is his way of thinking.  

Normally, I try not to push him too much, but since this kitchen project needs to be done by springtime we will soon have a meeting of the minds.  At least I don't have to worry about cooking Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner! LOL!   

Ginny, thank you!  Cinnamon is my choice, too.

Max

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Wed, Nov 6 2013 12:21 AM | Locked

If he keeps going the way he is, not cooking Easter is looking pretty good to!!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Wed, Nov 6 2013 6:56 AM | Locked

Good luck with the big project, Max!  Just keep thinking how much you're going to love it when it's done!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Wed, Nov 6 2013 8:18 AM | Locked

I have some friends, two siblings and their families.  One's house was being constructed, just next door, to the other.  So they were all living together.   In the house that the other decided it was time to reconstruct the kitchen.  Nothing happened on time, and for several months the dishes were washed for 8 people in the bathroom tub. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Wed, Nov 6 2013 10:06 AM | Locked

Well Patti, at least they had a bathtub to wash 'em in. It makes my back ache just thinking of it, tho.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Wed, Nov 6 2013 11:05 AM | Locked

MaxNTopeka:
Normally, I try not to push him too much, but since this kitchen project needs to be done by springtime we will soon have a meeting of the minds.  At least I don't have to worry about cooking Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner! LOL!   

OK Max,  I think the big question here is "what in H&)) are you going to do for a pseudo kitchen until next spring"?  That is a l-o-n-g time to be doing dishes in the bathroom or even a utility room!  And I assume you will be using a microwave for "mini-meals"?  I've gone through this myself several times and it does get very old very fast.  Being without a kitchen sink for six months would be right up there with one of my worse nightmares.

OH, I get it now! He has agreed to all meals out at the local restaurant!  He might get tired of that after a while, miss your home cooking and his favorites, not to mention the added expense.  So then he will understand why kitchens are an important part of every home.  

I'd give him two months MAX!  (And settle for three...LOL)

Winthrop, WA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,735
Points 30,095
Roxana replied on Wed, Nov 6 2013 11:40 AM | Locked

Mimi:

chocake2:
Retired doesn't nessesarily mean you have time to quilt...

Not expecting to be an expert quilter or anything close to it. Just practicing saying no in my head so that when people ask me to do something once I'm retired, I'll be able to do what I want to do when I want to do it.  : )

I agree with Mimi. I have found much more time for quilting now that I am retired than I did before. BUT, it took a while to learn to say NO to some other things that really weren't as important to me.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,031
Points 15,770
weezee56 replied on Wed, Nov 6 2013 2:02 PM | Locked

I love it when everyone (My kids) says, well not that you are not working now can you do this and/or that for me. Sometimes it makes me want to say, how did you get it done when I was working?

Page 132 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 130 131 132 133 134 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use