Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 131 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 129 130 131 132 133 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,455
Points 40,810
Mimi replied on Mon, Nov 4 2013 6:03 PM | Locked

Angele:
Ooooh to be already retired...

Right there with you Angele!! Only a year and 3/4 to go for me, you lucky lady.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Mon, Nov 4 2013 8:58 PM | Locked

Retired doesn't nessesarily mean you have time to quilt...

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Nov 4 2013 9:01 PM | Locked

Retirement also doesn't magically turn you into an award winning machine quilter.  

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Mon, Nov 4 2013 9:11 PM | Locked

Wow. Whata day.

I'm pooped after going to the big town today. Sprout came along and kept me on my toes. He's a fast little shopper. We managed to get back before the bigs got home from school and his daddy left for work. I had a mad rush to get everything brought itn and get supper on the table. In the midst of that DD came home complaining of a tooth ache and the boys had to be taken to scouts. It was chaos.... normal chaos but chaos all the same. While I was momentarily distracted there was a huge crash and screetch  from the kitchen. Sprout had tried using the case of soup I hadn't gotten put away for a ladder. It bucked him off and came crashing down on his foot.  We had a trip to the ER for x-rays. He's got a smooshed/ bruised foot but no serious damage, Thank goodness.  

Bless his daddy, he took the night off and opened a bottle of wine for me. 

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Mon, Nov 4 2013 10:02 PM | Locked

Geesh CC there is never a dull moment in your life.   Hope the DD's toothache goes away and poor Sprout's foot heals quickly.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,455
Points 40,810
Mimi replied on Mon, Nov 4 2013 10:02 PM | Locked

chocake2:
Retired doesn't nessesarily mean you have time to quilt...

Not expecting to be an expert quilter or anything close to it. Just practicing saying no in my head so that when people ask me to do something once I'm retired, I'll be able to do what I want to do when I want to do it.  : )

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Mon, Nov 4 2013 10:54 PM | Locked

My husband brought a friend home for coffee tonight.  Asked where the cake was (??!? In my house? Not likely). Anyway I explained I was diagraming a quilt to pick a quilting pattern and that I was told the quilt was a log cabin when in fact when I unrolled it completely it was a courthouse steps. And not a symmetrical courthouse steps at that. Better part of an afternoon wasted.   By this time they are both looking at me oddly. I told them I was just explaining why there is no cake and probably never will be.  

They still have no idea what I said but I figure that's their problem!!

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 606
Points 10,495
zoetc49 replied on Mon, Nov 4 2013 11:59 PM | Locked

Spent more money on fabic today. This one pattern I am working on I did not study it enough to realize that each item in the quilt is done with a different fabric, the only good thing is now I will have enought fabric for the next project I must work on later this week. Rushing to get everything done--yesterday ((sigh)).   

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,496
Points 47,950
Frances replied on Tue, Nov 5 2013 4:35 AM | Locked

Okay im a Quilter some of the time and a hopeful gardener the rest of the time so for all those hopeful gardeners amongst us (i know there are some) Ive opened a new facebook group called Gardening in History for anyone like me who loves to use Heritage seeds, bulbs and plants or perhaps i really am the only crazy one, if anyones as crazy as me please come and join me as craziness always loves company.

Now i need to go and get ready for School, Gardening club today so they will be planting prepared Hyacinths to be Christmas presents for there parents, and hopefully this week I will get Novembers block for the EPP sampler quilt done (im behind this month too many holidays).

Hope everyone has a great day.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022
Leslie replied on Tue, Nov 5 2013 5:30 AM | Locked

Frances,  I also love to garden and I never plant anything but heirloom seeds so I can save them

[Ava, Missouri

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,507
Points 30,670
Diana replied on Tue, Nov 5 2013 7:03 AM | Locked

I hope to get down in my studio.  Have a guild meeting tonight. Bought a new laptop yesterday and DH is in the process of setting it up.  My kindle is great for traveling, but can't print from it or load pictures.

Diana in East TN

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,496
Points 47,950
Frances replied on Tue, Nov 5 2013 11:54 AM | Locked

Leslie :

Frances,  I also love to garden and I never plant anything but heirloom seeds so I can save them

Leslie,

Great you can be crazy with me Woohoo

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, Nov 5 2013 1:30 PM | Locked

Frances:
Ive opened a new facebook group called Gardening in History

Frances, just joined your Gardening in History group on facebook.  Should be very interesting! 

Winthrop, WA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985
MaxNTopeka replied on Tue, Nov 5 2013 1:31 PM | Locked

Today I'm in 'recovery mode",  Rainy, windy, gloomy day so it is perfect to sit with a bottle of Tylenol and a cup of coffee and watch the birds on their feeders. Tonight will bring more rain and colder temps and that will probably take most of the rest of the pretty leaves off the trees.  With luck, the wind will blow them into the neighbor's yard and he can deal with them.

Not much sewing going on around here. But I have been sort of active. The kitchen is all boxed up, or moved into temporary quarters in the dining room. Here is the Sunday morning picture:

Here is Sunday evening picture:

And we STILL can't agree on which cabinet color to use with the new flooring:  Cinnamon or Cherry?  Don't even ask about the cabinet counter top...we can't agree on the 'type' so we sure haven't agreed on the color! LOL!!  Those are just annoying little details...rip everything out and then you will be motivated to make a decision.  Right?   There will be plenty of time to make those decisions. We still have to pull out the base cabinets (next weekend), knock out all the plaster (the following weekend), do the wiring and plumbing (Thanksgiving weekend), insulate the walls  and ceiling (my job after the wiring), and then sheetrocking.  So there is PLENTY of time to decide about details like cabinet color.

I spent all morning yesterday pulling nails out of the boards that were the old cabinets and stacking them in the garage.   So today, I am in recovery mode, letting my old body rest.  Sent DH off to work so I am getting some peace and quiet. Maybe tomorrow I will sew for a little while. Hopefully. If I can remember how to thread the machine.

Hope everyone is finding lots of quilting time and getting lots of rest. I'll be lurking.

Max

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,496
Points 47,950
Frances replied on Tue, Nov 5 2013 1:35 PM | Locked

Donna B:

Frances:
Ive opened a new facebook group called Gardening in History

Frances, just joined your Gardening in History group on facebook.  Should be very interesting! 

Donna,

Im glad to have you, ive just okayed your member status.

lots of love

Francesxx

Page 131 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 129 130 131 132 133 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use