Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 130 of 220 (3286 items) « First ... < Previous 128 129 130 131 132 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,285 Replies | 65 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,530
Points 46,490

Ginny, buy them online!!  http://dorothylane.grocerydirect.com/pd/SunMaid/English-Muffins-Raisin/15-oz/033700004344/

Southwest of San Antonio

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,371
Points 48,735
Ginny replied on Sat, Nov 2 2013 10:04 AM

Thanks for the info, Debbie-do.  I will keep that in my file if they don't come back here.   Ginny

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,033
Points 108,605
chocake2 replied on Sat, Nov 2 2013 10:19 AM

Karla:

chocake2:
so I made a crabby ol' boar for the crabby ol' bore.

Love it, CC.  Did you take a pic so we can see it too?

No. I'm sorry. I didn't think of it.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,033
Points 108,605
chocake2 replied on Sat, Nov 2 2013 10:32 AM

My day is off to a slow start. DH got called out last night and didn't come home til after sunrise, so it's a safe bet that someone had a really BAD night. 

Ds1 had me roast the jack-o-lantern he carved in school so he can make a pie today. I think his Daddy is gonna be sorely in need of that pie when he wakes up.

I pulled up EQ on my old crabby slow computer yesterday and would you believe it actually ran the program without complaint or hesitation? Of course it took nearly 2 hours before it got past the start-up so I could access the program, but, hey, it's better then nuttin!

DD looked at the quick quilt I did last week for my friend and said that it would look cool in her favorite colors, so I EQ-ed it for her. Naturally she looked at my design and made it better... Now I'm teasing her that she has a whole weekend to make herself a quilt top. ;S It's either that or clean her room.... 

Jr loves the EQ program. He can sit and design and color virtual quilts for hours. I keep hoping that he'll come up with something that he can actually make... 

Boys brought home their school pics yesterday. Ds1's are bad, but Jr's are just awful. Naturally the school is too small to offer re-takes so I'm either stuck with them or they owe me a refund. Given what they charge for the things, you think that the photographer would delete and re-take them if they are that bad. For pete's sake this  is the digital age. It's not like they waste film!! And how much time does it take to click the shutter twice?

So.... Off I go to tackle the chores. Have a great day Ever'body!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,424
Points 72,050
Karla replied on Sat, Nov 2 2013 1:42 PM

Three hours at TaeKwonDo last night for sparring practice and two hours this morning.  DGS2 is entering a tournament and boy did he get a workout the last two days.  

Finally finished the RR, so I can get it in the mail to Jacy...early next week.  I've got my HST's from the fall swap, made into pinwheels, out now and need to get them trimmed up.  This might be something I can do with DGS2 and 3 here, but later this afternoon I will have the 15 month old too and know I won't get a thing done after that.  

I should also get out the fabric and cut the pieces for the Loyal Union Soldier blocks...I am so far behind.  I set up the embroidery machine yesterday, but didn't get around to making the 3 quilt labels I need to get made soon as I gave my daughter the baby quilt without the label at the shower.

I also gave two quilts to my cousin who showed up for the shower, one for her and one for her daughter who recently graduated from optometry school.  She is now doing her residency at a VA Hospital in Fresno, CA.  They weren't labeled either, so I promised to send her the labels.

Well, I better get some lunch made for these boys, they always seem to be starving to death when they get to Grandma's house.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,486
Points 30,250
Diana replied on Sat, Nov 2 2013 4:20 PM

Hi  Gang,  I'm in my studio trying to get MQ 9 top together.  It's sunny but cool today.  I will get it done.

Diana in East TN

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630

I am ironing a sheet set. The pillow cases and the casing on the flat sheet looks like the creases were permanently set and look like rags if you don't iron them.  And you can't just iron the top of one sheet and the cases.  Oh no. You have to iron the entire set.  Who buys this stuff?  Oh... I remember.....My husband.... As a suprise.   We'll, I am surprised. They get ironed once every 6 months.   I remember my mother spraying and ironing when I was very young.  One of those nostalgia things you don't really miss.  

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,033
Points 108,605

Vivian :

I am ironing a sheet set. The pillow cases and the casing on the flat sheet looks like the creases were permanently set and look like rags if you don't iron them.  And you can't just iron the top of one sheet and the cases.  Oh no. You have to iron the entire set.  Who buys this stuff?  Oh... I remember.....My husband.... As a suprise.   We'll, I am surprised. They get ironed once every 6 months.   I remember my mother spraying and ironing when I was very young.  One of those nostalgia things you don't really miss.  

Too Funny Vivian. At least he tried to get you something nice. 

My DH is a  guy. When we were married, he had a sleeping bag tossed on a bare mattress and figured that was good enough. On our huney moon I bought a sweet little satin teddy. His responce? "It feels weird."  SO... Years later,. You know I couldn't pass it up when i saw the  garnish purple satin sheets in the ultra cheap bargain bin..  :}  The check out girl gave me a real hard look. DD declaired them 'Awesome" The boys gagged over the color. And Dh... never noticed that the entire bed felt weird.... :( 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Sat, Nov 2 2013 9:25 PM

CC

I love your tale.  It is really sad that men take some things so for granted and don't notice any changes.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630

These are not cheap sheets. They have a high thread count but they wrinkle by the heat of the laundry room light  

i was online tonight on the Green Fairy site. Judy Madsen.  I have been admiring her work for some time. A little much for the average quilt but soooo lovely to look at. We'll,  it turns out she is going to be in Edmonton in April. A mere 600.00 for a two day class.  Sheesh.  I'll have time to save but the hard part is the class is the same time as our spring retreat.  Gonna move it tomorrow.  Love that girls work and would hate to miss it. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Sun, Nov 3 2013 9:52 PM

Oh my, Vivian, I have not visited this web site before.  Judi does amazing work!  Look at that quilting!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,033
Points 108,605
chocake2 replied on Sun, Nov 3 2013 10:08 PM

DID you look at the rest of the pics, Nancy? WOW! I am in Awe.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Sun, Nov 3 2013 10:17 PM

Nancy

That looks like a very small sample of the quilting that we saw at the quilt show in Portland.   OMG  Amazing

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Sun, Nov 3 2013 11:39 PM

She quilted a Dear Jane that took my breath away. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,292
Points 45,710
Angele replied on Mon, Nov 4 2013 5:27 PM

These quilts are absolutely amazing. Ooooh to be already retired...

Angèle  from NWO

Page 130 of 220 (3286 items) « First ... < Previous 128 129 130 131 132 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use