Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 129 of 221 (3306 items) « First ... < Previous 127 128 129 130 131 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,305 Replies | 66 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,942
Leslie replied on Thu, Oct 31 2013 6:11 PM

Ginny, that's great news

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,034
Points 108,630
chocake2 replied on Thu, Oct 31 2013 7:26 PM

Happy News Ginny!!  YAY!

Gosh I hadn't thought of hickory nuts in ages. We don't have them here. When I was a child my Mom would cajole her mother to send us a box of them in the fall. we thought they were a great treat! 

We're enjoying a breezy evening. The kids will be ready to don their costumes and go door-to-door very shortly. I plan to snitch a few pieces of chocolate in payment for going along with them.  

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,465
Points 23,995

chocake2:

Happy News Ginny!!  YAY!

Gosh I hadn't thought of hickory nuts in ages. We don't have them here. When I was a child my Mom would cajole her mother to send us a box of them in the fall. we thought they were a great treat! 

We're enjoying a breezy evening. The kids will be ready to don their costumes and go door-to-door very shortly. I plan to snitch a few pieces of chocolate in payment for going along with them.  

CC,  don't snitch the candy from your kids, tell them it's candy tax. They owe it to you for taking them! Lol

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,642
Points 61,860
Jacy replied on Thu, Oct 31 2013 11:48 PM

chocake2:
I plan to snitch a few pieces of chocolate in payment for going along with them.  

When we got back we played left, right, center with some of the candy, and Dad won. Guess he can consider himself paid for driving them tonight.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,299
Points 45,895
Angele replied on Fri, Nov 1 2013 7:36 AM

Great news Ginny. I'm glad to see things are getting better. If you had no candy for the princesses, goblins, Dino's, or witches, you could always give them fat quarters...lol. Here we had about 20, very slow night.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,034
Points 108,630

We survived Halloween. The kids had great fun trick or treating. Mom's pooped...
They get out of school early today, so I won't  get to rest up before the weekend hubbub...

We t-or-ted the county offices  and I had to laugh when I saw a note one of the 9-11 dispatchers put up on the message board over the coffee machine. Apparently his pot holders had gone missing and he was GRUMPY about their loss.   Everyone walks on eggshells around that particular dispatcher because he's a grouch anyway. But his tirade about cops stealing his potholders was funny  (... I'm sure he didn't intend it to be.) I have some scrap insul-brite and i think I may just have to spend part of my day making him some new pot holders, monogrammed with his initials as theft prevention. (My guess is that his missing potholders were probably either put away or taken home for cleaning by some well intentioned soul. I doubt anyone would steal them, especially a cop. ) Maybe I'll applique a snarling bear on them. Or ... I have a piggy bottom pattern.  Hmmm...

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,120
Karla replied on Fri, Nov 1 2013 2:34 PM

That's a great idea, CC.  My guess is someone took them home to clean them.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,034
Points 108,630

When I was looking up the pig tail pattern in one of my Quilting books I came across an applique of a  very grouchy looking hog, so I made a crabby ol' boar for the crabby ol' bore. Dh sighed and shook his head because his wife is the only one he knows that would dare to tweak that particular tiger's tail. And of course he's gonna hear about it...  but he'll go along because he knows that the old grump snarl may about it but he'll still love that i made him a gift.  

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,576
Points 36,070
ls2116 replied on Fri, Nov 1 2013 3:46 PM

Had a busy halloween night even though it rained I've just been so busy with trying to plan for all the holidays.  Still debating on furniture if I'm bringing in my big LR table.  Probably will because I made a festive mq last year for it.  Decisions.  Difficult for me to take out other furniture to store. Decorating for holidays is difficult for me because I don't just add throw pillows or tree up I change out my furniture.  Really zany I know.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,120
Karla replied on Fri, Nov 1 2013 7:58 PM

chocake2:
so I made a crabby ol' boar for the crabby ol' bore.

Love it, CC.  Did you take a pic so we can see it too?

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630

Not one child last night. We do live in the country and there are very few children here. Do they not think of my diet?? Do they not think of the chocolate bars sitting by the front door???  I hid them. I'm old. I'll forget and they will be a nice surprise later.  

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,576
Points 36,070
ls2116 replied on Fri, Nov 1 2013 11:26 PM

I just caught up with your post ginny.  Thats great news that you can drive again, and are feeling better.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,374
Points 48,750
Ginny replied on Sat, Nov 2 2013 8:18 AM

Well, Is, I drove to the Dr. yesterday and then stopped at Walmart to get my Sunmaid raisin muffins, as they seem to be the only place in my area that has them anymore.   Don't you know that they didn't have them either.   Think I am going to have to rethink my easy breakfast of peanut butter and the muffins.  I did pick up a couple of thing that I did want though.  Came home a really, really pooped puppy though.   Today I think I will try to put together the purse that I cut out before this all happened.    Ginny 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,305
Points 21,710
Debbie replied on Sat, Nov 2 2013 8:20 AM

Ginny, that's great.  I know my instructions said I could drive the week after my surgery but it took me 3 more to get up the nerve to venture out alone.  Silly, I know!  

Been kinda quiet, spent two days reading books that were due at the library and then yesterday worked on the R/W hearts for the swap.  still have 7 more to finish.  

I haven't been sleeping very well, I fall asleep and then 2 hrs later awake and toss/turn rest of the night.  Makes one very grumpy!  But last night I went to bed later and I did sleep better.  Still woke up once or twice but feel much better.  Course, I'm still up by 7:30. Going up to church today for a Ladies event so should be fun and spiritually lifting.  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,374
Points 48,750
Ginny replied on Sat, Nov 2 2013 8:43 AM

Enjoy the ladies event at church, Debbie.  I had to miss the one at my church.  It will be very uplifting, I am sure.  Tomorrow though, I am going to church.   Ginny

• | Post Points: 50
Page 129 of 221 (3306 items) « First ... < Previous 127 128 129 130 131 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use